Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: 2000 black 6 speed 408

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 03:54 PM
moosifer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default FS: 2000 black 6 speed 408

The time has come to sell my 2000 black six speed coupe. I have owned it since 2005 and 50k miles. I don’t drive it anymore and it just sits in my garage. I have a new addition to my family and don’t have enough seats for all of us to go for a drive. So….I’m going to start with the bad.

The Bad:

Body:

I planned on getting a cowl hood so I started using the hood to practice painting with my hvlp gun. I was never happy with the results (orange peel and dust) so the hood is sanded in some spots and painted in others. I never got around to replacing the hood.
The targa top needs to be refinished. I sanded it but never got around to trying to spray clear on it.
The front bumper on the driver side I tried painting myself and the paint did not match. It looks like garbage.
There are scratches in various places around the vehicle and the bottom of the fenders are loose. I would give the factory paint a 7 of 10.
The way I looked at it is if all else failed I could get a hood and front bumper from a recycler and the body would be decent enough to be seen in.

Traction Control:
Lights are on and it throws codes for both front wheel speed sensors (short). I never spent the time to track down the problem. Considering its both sides I doubt it is the sensors themselves.

The Good:
Engine:

I built an iron block 408 and installed it a few years back. Used forged Eagle 4” crank, new forged Eagle H beams and new forged 4.030 Wiseco pistons. 11.0 to 1 compression. The rings are gapped for N/A use. ARP hardware throughout. Studs on the mains and bolts on the heads. High pressure oil pump and ls2 chain.
It has a 2-piece Edelbrock front cover so I could easily swap the cam out (California….). I have a stock ls1 cam (smog) in it now, but included will be a Thunder Racing sTRoker V3 cam. It has ported 853’s with 2.02’s and 1.7 yella terras.
I installed a LS6 intake and K&N FIPK. I also have a thunder racing 85mm MAF housing, FORD Green tops, and a 90mm silver blade throttle body that will come with the vehicle.

Drivetrain:
McLeod RST clutch and a MGW shifter. 411 gears. Remote clutch bleeder.

Suspension:
Pfadt coil overs front and back, polyurethane bushings in all of the control arms, metal sway bar end links. Slotted and drilled rotors. 17” front and 18” rear black C5 Z06 wheels (copies). There is some curb rash on one of the wheels.

Interior:
New black with red stitching leather seat covers (with new lower and upper foam), arm rest cover, and shifter boot. It looks great. Double din radio bezel and Pioneer X940-BT Nav headunit (App radio). White face gauges.

Headlights:
Radio flyer flush mount headlights.
What this car should have (performance wise):
Headers, cat back, and a FAST intake. Add those three items and the car will be legit.

This car was my project/ weekend car for a long time. I have HP Tuners and I loved tinkering with the car on the weekends. The problem is I don’t drive it anymore or have the time to take care of it. I could part the car out and probably get more money but that takes time that I don’t have. I think this car was on its way to being a street beast but I don’t take it out anymore.

I’m asking 10K FIRM. I’m located in Roseville, CA.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:53 PM
hotwired78
Instructor

wow thats an awesome deal. i want those headlights!!
Old 09-21-2016, 02:09 AM
moosifer
Instructor

Originally Posted by hotwired78
wow thats an awesome deal. i want those headlights!!
The headlights come free if you purchase the car!
Old 09-22-2016, 01:43 AM
moosifer
Instructor

Ttt
Old 09-23-2016, 09:35 PM
moosifer
Instructor

to the top
Old 09-25-2016, 11:37 PM
moosifer
Instructor

Ttt
Old 09-27-2016, 05:09 PM
Bstrang6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wouldn't mind talking to you about this, more concerned about mechanical issues preventing the car from driving to Illinois, than cosmetic. My phone number is 3092308315 if you want to give me a text or call. Thanks in advance
Old 09-30-2016, 02:23 AM
moosifer
Instructor

To The Top!
Old 10-01-2016, 08:09 AM
StealthFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I'd be interested in the headlights if you ever decide to sell them seperate. Doubtful but figured I'd ask.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:18 PM
moosifer
Instructor

Ttt

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 2000 black 6 speed 408

Quick Reply: FS: 2000 black 6 speed 408