Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

C5 Corvette, only 46k miles, tons of mods, newly inspected

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 05:20 PM
C5Superleggera
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default C5 Corvette, only 46k miles, tons of mods, newly inspected

picture during engine work

https://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/6002563966.html (pictures here)

JUST IN TIME FOR SPRING!!!! NEWLY INSPECTED!!! - $15,400 OBO

I am selling my 1997 C5 Corvette. The ONLY reason why I'm selling the car is because I've become chronically sick and I'm no longer able to work or enjoy the car, so please don't insult me with low ball offers; serious & reasonable offers only. The car is 1 of only 2,164 made in Sebring Silver Metallic and is in great condition for its age. Exterior 9/10 & Interior 9/10.

The car has just been inspected and has routine maintenance including new spark plugs, spark plug wires, gaskets, steering wheel lockout bypass, front tires (only 10,000 miles), new master cylinder, slave cylinder, and much more. I have all the service records since I've owned the car.

Performance modifications:
Tune by Diablo Formula Racing
Comp cam
SLP long tube headers
Highflow cats
3" Stainless Steel X pipe by Limitless Motorworks
3" Custom built modular stainless steel exhaust system w/ 4" tips by Limitless Motorworks
Muffler delete
EGR delete by Limitless Motorworks
Hurricane intake system
Vararam Power Air Duct
Z06 Lingenfelter throttle body
Z06 Intake Manifold
Lingenfelter LS6 Coolant bypass
LS6 valley cover
NGK spark plugs
MSD spark plug wires
ZEX LS blackout nitrous system (brand new, has never been used)
Custom stand alone nitrous purge kit by Limitless Motorworks
ZEX bottle heater
Custom safety nitrous blowout system by Limitless Motorworks
Machined LS1 pressure plate & flywheel by Limitless Motorworks
RPM torque tube bushings & bearings
Full transmission service by Limitless Motorworks
80/20 ATF/Gforce transmission fluid mix
Drilled Rotors front & back
& more

Cosmetic & other modifications:
ZR1 wheels powder coated black
Innovate Motorsports Dual Lambda AFR gauge
Custom cup holder nitrous control panel by Limitless Motorworks
Hurst short throw shifter
2 tone red/black shift boot, e-brake cover, center console by County Corvette of West Chester
black leather seats w/ red 'bikini' bolsters
Red valve covers
Window Tint
New refurbished transparent targa top
New front bumper
New front air dam
Factory door 'bumpers' deleted
& more

Issues & history of the car:
The check engine light is intermittently on and the code reads O2 sensor errors. This has been since the EGR delete but has had no noticeable effect on performance or operating. When the car was at Diablo formula racing, all the AFRs and O2 readings were normal during both idle & highway pulls. The nitrous system is hooked up for a 75 shot but has never been activated or used. The stand alone purge system has been used at car shows and the NO2 bottle has been filled twice for that reason (it is currently 90% full). I have nozzles all the way up to 175.

I had a Spec Stage 2 Clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel installed on the vehicle but did not like the way it was shifting because I was still using the factory master cylinder. So, I put the factory clutch/flywheel/plate back in after having it machined. The Spec stage 2 system is still available for sale if interested and only has a couple thousand miles on it.

The AFR sensors are close to the high flow cats so the one of the two sensors will often read E8 (which means too hot). I can easily fix this by deleting the cats but will ask for an additional $350 for the material & time to do it - I will also keep the cats.

Lastly, the car was involved in 2 incidents since I owned the car. The first was last summer I was heading to a 4th of july party when I storm came out of no where. I clipped a tree branch that was down on the road around a blind spot in a turn and the combination of the wind & jolt knocked the old roof off. Several weeks later I was heading down to Ocean city Maryland and a raccoon ran out in front of me and I hit him, thus cracking my front bumper and turn signal. While pulled over at the side of the road waiting for the highway patrol so I could issue a report, a motorist through a beer bottle out of the window and ricocheted off of the trunk lid. All damage was strictly cosmetic and the car has a new front bumper, air dam, and targa roof. The repair & paint was done by Cockrell's Vintage Auto Body. The title is still a clean title.

Serious inquires only. If you'd like to get the car inspected by a shop of your choice, I will happily make the arrangement at your expense. Contact me with any questions. In addition to the Spec Stage 2 clutch system, I also have C5 Z06 rotors with only 20k miles on them for sale. You can have everything for an additional $500.

My number is 717-385-three one nine four

Thank you. Zach

videos of the car:

FIXED**

Last edited by C5Superleggera; 02-14-2017 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:42 PM
SlingShotYellow
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts

You first need to list a for sale price to have a chance of someone sending a lowball offer.

Also someone has flagged your craigslist ad already
Old 02-13-2017, 09:27 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by C5Superleggera
picture during engine work

(pictures here)

JUST IN TIME FOR SPRING!!!! NEWLY INSPECTED!!!

I am selling my 1997 C5 Corvette. The ONLY reason why I'm selling the car is because I've become chronically sick and I'm no longer able to work or enjoy the car, so please don't insult me with low ball offers; serious & reasonable offers only. The car is 1 of only 2,164 made in Sebring Silver Metallic and is in great condition for its age. Exterior 9/10 & Interior 9/10.

The car has just been inspected and has routine maintenance including new spark plugs, spark plug wires, gaskets, steering wheel lockout bypass, front tires (only 10,000 miles), new master cylinder, slave cylinder, and much more. I have all the service records since I've owned the car.

Performance modifications:
Tune by Diablo Formula Racing
Comp cam
SLP long tube headers
Highflow cats
3" Stainless Steel X pipe by Limitless Motorworks
3" Custom built modular stainless steel exhaust system w/ 4" tips by Limitless Motorworks
Muffler delete
EGR delete by Limitless Motorworks
Hurricane intake system
Vararam Power Air Duct
Z06 Lingenfelter throttle body
Z06 Intake Manifold
Lingenfelter LS6 Coolant bypass
LS6 valley cover
NGK spark plugs
MSD spark plug wires
ZEX LS blackout nitrous system (brand new, has never been used)
Custom stand alone nitrous purge kit by Limitless Motorworks
ZEX bottle heater
Custom safety nitrous blowout system by Limitless Motorworks
Machined LS1 pressure plate & flywheel by Limitless Motorworks
RPM torque tube bushings & bearings
Full transmission service by Limitless Motorworks
80/20 ATF/Gforce transmission fluid mix
Drilled Rotors front & back
& more

Cosmetic & other modifications:
ZR1 wheels powder coated black
Innovate Motorsports Dual Lambda AFR gauge
Custom cup holder nitrous control panel by Limitless Motorworks
Hurst short throw shifter
2 tone red/black shift boot, e-brake cover, center console by County Corvette of West Chester
black leather seats w/ red 'bikini' bolsters
Red valve covers
Window Tint
New refurbished transparent targa top
New front bumper
New front air dam
Factory door 'bumpers' deleted
& more

Issues & history of the car:
The check engine light is intermittently on and the code reads O2 sensor errors. This has been since the EGR delete but has had no noticeable effect on performance or operating. When the car was at Diablo formula racing, all the AFRs and O2 readings were normal during both idle & highway pulls. The nitrous system is hooked up for a 75 shot but has never been activated or used. The stand alone purge system has been used at car shows and the NO2 bottle has been filled twice for that reason (it is currently 90% full). I have nozzles all the way up to 175.

I had a Spec Stage 2 Clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel installed on the vehicle but did not like the way it was shifting because I was still using the factory master cylinder. So, I put the factory clutch/flywheel/plate back in after having it machined. The Spec stage 2 system is still available for sale if interested and only has a couple thousand miles on it.

The AFR sensors are close to the high flow cats so the one of the two sensors will often read E8 (which means too hot). I can easily fix this by deleting the cats but will ask for an additional $350 for the material & time to do it - I will also keep the cats.

Lastly, the car was involved in 2 incidents since I owned the car. The first was last summer I was heading to a 4th of july party when I storm came out of no where. I clipped a tree branch that was down on the road around a blind spot in a turn and the combination of the wind & jolt knocked the old roof off. Several weeks later I was heading down to Ocean city Maryland and a raccoon ran out in front of me and I hit him, thus cracking my front bumper and turn signal. While pulled over at the side of the road waiting for the highway patrol so I could issue a report, a motorist through a beer bottle out of the window and ricocheted off of the trunk lid. All damage was strictly cosmetic and the car has a new front bumper, air dam, and targa roof. The repair & paint was done by Cockrell's Vintage Auto Body. The title is still a clean title.

Serious inquires only. If you'd like to get the car inspected by a shop of your choice, I will happily make the arrangement at your expense. Contact me with any questions. In addition to the Spec Stage 2 clutch system, I also have C5 Z06 rotors with only 20k miles on them for sale. You can have everything for an additional $500.

My number is 717-385-three one nine four

Thank you. Zach

videos of the car:
Why all this work with no forum-required asking price? Please post one.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eir-parts.html
Old 02-14-2017, 04:22 PM
C5Superleggera
Instructor

Originally Posted by SlingShotYellow
You first need to list a for sale price to have a chance of someone sending a lowball offer.

Also someone has flagged your craigslist ad already

Sorry about that, I copied and posted my ad on craiglist and it must have not copied the asking price. I have it listed there now, $15,400 OBO.

The craiglist link is fixed now; they didn't like the yellow corvette in the background or my youtube html links.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:23 PM
C5Superleggera
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
Why all this work with no forum-required asking price? Please post one.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eir-parts.html

Yeah sorry about that, like I was telling the other gentleman, it didn't copy over. My link is also fixed. The "dont' insult me" was not directed at the corvette forum crowd but intended for craiglist given my last experience selling a vehicle on there. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:00 PM
SlingShotYellow
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts

No reason to appoligize to me but thank you for listing the price we just never know if someone has placed a fake ad with the craigslist ad not working at first.

But the ad works now and looks good.... great price for everything you've done.

So sorry about your illness ..I'm hoping to hang onto my 02 Z06 for a lifetime but with my arthritis in my feet getting worse i never know. Might just be buried in my Z. LOL.

I think your town of Harrisburg is in PA . is that right? sorry Texas guy here so never been through Harrisburg.

Get better if you can and enjoy your next vehicle if you can

Sorry about that, I copied and posted my ad on craiglist and it must have not copied the asking price. I have it listed there now, $15,400 OBO.

The craiglist link is fixed now; they didn't like the yellow corvette in the background or my youtube html links.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:09 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Old 02-14-2017, 09:29 PM
C5Superleggera
Instructor

Originally Posted by SlingShotYellow
No reason to appoligize to me but thank you for listing the price we just never know if someone has placed a fake ad with the craigslist ad not working at first.

But the ad works now and looks good.... great price for everything you've done.

So sorry about your illness ..I'm hoping to hang onto my 02 Z06 for a lifetime but with my arthritis in my feet getting worse i never know. Might just be buried in my Z. LOL.

I think your town of Harrisburg is in PA . is that right? sorry Texas guy here so never been through Harrisburg.

Get better if you can and enjoy your next vehicle if you can
Yup Harrisburg is the closest city to me. Thank you for the best wishes. Sorry to hear about your arthritis. I was having crippling arthritis pain in my extremities and joints for a while, I started using cannabis paste and my symptoms went away. If it is legal in your state you may want to give it a shot. Take care.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:52 PM
C5Superleggera
Instructor

Old 02-16-2017, 11:32 PM
C5Superleggera
Instructor

bump, more pictures added
Old 02-28-2017, 04:24 PM
C5Superleggera
Instructor

bump, I believe I fixed the AFR DLG gauge issue, both sensors now read fine and no E8 code... car is still for sale at the moment but a gentleman from Ohio is coming out to take a look at it this weekend
Old 03-08-2017, 07:42 PM
Boatcrazy
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump, I believe I fixed the AFR DLG gauge issue, both sensors now read fine and no E8 code... car is still for sale at the moment but a gentleman from Ohio is coming out to take a look at it this weekend
Did this car originally come with AFR sensors? Why not just install O2 sensors? Does the high flow cat require AFR? Also, and no disrespect, but the pictures on this site and CL are very low resolution. Can you upload some well lit, high quality photographs? Thanks! Great looking car.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:54 AM
C5Superleggera
Instructor

Originally Posted by Boatcrazy
Did this car originally come with AFR sensors? Why not just install O2 sensors? Does the high flow cat require AFR? Also, and no disrespect, but the pictures on this site and CL are very low resolution. Can you upload some well lit, high quality photographs? Thanks! Great looking car.

No, the AFR sensors came with the Innovate Motorsports DLG Dual Lambda gauge that I added; it also has O2 sensors.... no the high flow cats didn't require AFR gauges. If you are serious about the car, send me a text and I'll send you all the pictures you want. Ive had too many people wasting my time for me to re-upload pictures here to the website. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:36 PM
Boatcrazy
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, the AFR sensors came with the Innovate Motorsports DLG Dual Lambda gauge that I added; it also has O2 sensors.... no the high flow cats didn't require AFR gauges. If you are serious about the car, send me a text and I'll send you all the pictures you want. Ive had too many people wasting my time for me to re-upload pictures here to the website. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Ok, so the AFR sensors aren't connected to the computer...just a gauge? That seems weird to me. What is the purpose? Interested in the car. Has it always been garage kept! Are there any stress cracks or other cosmetic issues with the body?
Old 03-15-2017, 05:56 PM
C5Superleggera
Instructor

Originally Posted by Boatcrazy
Ok, so the AFR sensors aren't connected to the computer...just a gauge? That seems weird to me. What is the purpose? Interested in the car. Has it always been garage kept! Are there any stress cracks or other cosmetic issues with the body?
I told you if you were serious to send me a text. My number again is 717 385 three one nine four. The purpose of the AFR gauge was for the nitrous system. If you start to run lean you can shut it down. And if you're tech savy enough, you can trouble shoot from the gauge since it can data record. Yes it has always been garage kept by me and the previous owners. Exterior is 9/10; some minor scratches on the rear passenger side which I assumed came from a shopping cart or car door.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Corvette, only 46k miles, tons of mods, newly inspected

Quick Reply: C5 Corvette, only 46k miles, tons of mods, newly inspected