C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much extra boost can you run with meth injection?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 02:03 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Default How much extra boost can you run with meth injection?

Like the title says - I'm running 10 psi on my LPE TT right now, 13 psi on high boost. Could I run 13 psi on pump gas with meth inj.? What do ya'll think?
Old 07-28-2005, 02:08 PM
AVB
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think.. yes, and more. Retune and you may even get more at the wheels
Old 07-28-2005, 02:15 PM
VETZILLA
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DDSLT5
Like the title says - I'm running 10 psi on my LPE TT right now, 13 psi on high boost. Could I run 13 psi on pump gas with meth inj.? What do ya'll think?
No queestion, I was running 13# of boost on 93 BP with no problems.
With a small shot of meth I am running 14.5 - 14.8 with IAT's below ambient and no hint of KR at all.

What amazes me is how much of a difference you can feel between 13#'s and 14.5, its substantial 80 - 130mph is almost instantanious. When I get my backup trans and T.C. were going to up the boost a little bit more here shortly say 16#'s when I can get back on the dyno. FYI I am running straight Methanol and not mixing with water.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:44 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

I'm running 18-20lbs on my 427 S/C on pump gas and a dual nozzle kit.

It just depends on how much you tune in.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:37 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
I'm running 18-20lbs on my 427 S/C on pump gas and a dual nozzle kit.

It just depends on how much you tune in.
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!

Ok - now you've really got me thinking Doug!
Old 07-28-2005, 04:42 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VETZILLA
No queestion, I was running 13# of boost on 93 BP with no problems.
With a small shot of meth I am running 14.5 - 14.8 with IAT's below ambient and no hint of KR at all.

What amazes me is how much of a difference you can feel between 13#'s and 14.5, its substantial 80 - 130mph is almost instantanious. When I get my backup trans and T.C. were going to up the boost a little bit more here shortly say 16#'s when I can get back on the dyno. FYI I am running straight Methanol and not mixing with water.
Thanks so much for your input - I really appreciate it! Between you and Doug, my mind is made up! I gots to get me some meth injection. I can't believe you're running upwards of 14.5 psi on pump gas - that is insane!!! How much power do you have at those power levels?

I've got 620 rwtq, and almost 700 rwhp on 13 psi of boost with race gas. If I could have this kind of power with meth and pump gas, I'm doing it!

Isn't is sickening how fast you get used to the power? My car pulls hard on 585 rwhp, but I'm just not satisfied with it! 3rd and 4th pull hard - but they could pull harder! I'm currently hooking 2nd gear with my pilot sports, so I clearly need some extra poop!! I'm gonna run her dry of 94 this weekend and fill half a tank of 100, and turn up the boost - see how well I can hook that power level - if all goes well, I've got some serious decisions to make!

Thanks for the feedback - MAN I LOVE THIS FORUM!!! You guys rule! I thought the ZR-1 forum was good, but you guys have got them beat!

Get notified of new replies

To How much extra boost can you run with meth injection?

Quick Reply: How much extra boost can you run with meth injection?