C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTK alternator hookup???

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 07:50 PM
Tomulrich
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PTK alternator hookup???

How do you hook up the alternator with the PTK kit. I have 2 red wires and on gray wire coming from the stock alternator.

One red and the gray wire goes into the wire harness the other red wire goes to the starter post.

I read an old thread that said to hook up the yellow wire nnly....I have no yellow wire!!!!

Also can someone explain what thw stock wires do????? I read my manual but still dont have a good understanding of the charging system wires

Thanks
Tom Ulrich
Old 11-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 439 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomulrich
How do you hook up the alternator with the PTK kit. I have 2 red wires and on gray wire coming from the stock alternator.

One red and the gray wire goes into the wire harness the other red wire goes to the starter post.

I read an old thread that said to hook up the yellow wire nnly....I have no yellow wire!!!!

Also can someone explain what thw stock wires do????? I read my manual but still dont have a good understanding of the charging system wires

Thanks
Tom Ulrich
It only takes one wire running to a 12vdc switched power supply. I run mine straight to the fuse box to the fan microfuse. So choose a wire color and run from a 12vdc power supply and hooki it to the grey wire...I thought it was yellow off the Alt...and then cap the other two red wires.

Quick Reply: PTK alternator hookup???