C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeff Creech is da man!! Got the car dyno tuned today.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 01:45 AM
TurB0ve#E
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeff Creech is da man!! Got the car dyno tuned today.

Drove to north carolina today (from south carolina) to get my car dyno tuned after getting my cerra turbo kit finally installed. A big thanks to all that have helped with there advice and telling me what I needed to do (Earl H, Jeff Creech at CAM and all the members on this forum). I am still a turbo virgin.. but steady learning. I installed the kit at my house and was going to tow it up to CAM but Jeff helped me out (saved me alot of money) by letting me send him my computer to him and get it tuned so I could drive the car up to him instead of spending the money for a trailer. Then when I got there he only charged me the other half of what it would have costed to get it dyno tuned. Instead of charging me $250 for the mail in and then $500 for the dyno tune.

First when we put the car on the dyno it was bad news.. car only dynoed at 388 rwhp next pull was 325 and it then it went down to 303 rwhp. Needless to say I was very pissed. Come to find out one of my spark plug wire boot had a crack and it was arking to the exhaust manifold, I also had a boost leak. Anyway after all was said and done (a few hours later) the car dynoed at:

474.8 RWHP
518.3 RWTQ

On a very safe tune with 7-8 pounds of boost (he said we could make 500 RWHP but I was happy with that and called it a night)

Jeff and Dave at Carolina Auto Masters are the best (even bought me and my friend some pizza).. big thumbs up to them two

Other than the turbo and flowmaster mufflers the car is stock. I'm pretty happy with the outcome.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:15 AM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on getting your single turbo setup together.

What size turbo are you running? I know you can make North of 700 rwhp with a GTS 76.

Mark
Old 12-20-2005, 02:32 AM
TurB0ve#E
Instructor

Originally Posted by mdhmi

What size turbo are you running? I know you can make North of 700 rwhp with a GTS 76.

Mark
It's a Turbonetics T-72
Old 12-20-2005, 05:42 AM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mdhmi

Mark

Well...that and a few other things
Old 12-20-2005, 11:42 AM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TurB0ve#E
Drove to north carolina today (from south carolina) to get my car dyno tuned after getting my cerra turbo kit finally installed. A big thanks to all that have helped with there advice and telling me what I needed to do (Earl H, Jeff Creech at CAM and all the members on this forum). I am still a turbo virgin.. but steady learning. I installed the kit at my house and was going to tow it up to CAM but Jeff helped me out (saved me alot of money) by letting me send him my computer to him and get it tuned so I could drive the car up to him instead of spending the money for a trailer. Then when I got there he only charged me the other half of what it would have costed to get it dyno tuned. Instead of charging me $250 for the mail in and then $500 for the dyno tune.

First when we put the car on the dyno it was bad news.. car only dynoed at 388 rwhp next pull was 325 and it then it went down to 303 rwhp. Needless to say I was very pissed. Come to find out one of my spark plug wire boot had a crack and it was arking to the exhaust manifold, I also had a boost leak. Anyway after all was said and done (a few hours later) the car dynoed at:

474.8 RWHP
518.3 RWTQ

On a very safe tune with 7-8 pounds of boost (he said we could make 500 RWHP but I was happy with that and called it a night)

Jeff and Dave at Carolina Auto Masters are the best (even bought me and my friend some pizza).. big thumbs up to them two

Other than the turbo and flowmaster mufflers the car is stock. I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Sounds good. I've been trying to get back out there to for a few things but am having trouble finding the time. It's a 4 hour drive for me.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:39 PM
TurB0ve#E
Instructor

yeah.. it was a 3 1/2 hours for me, but totally worth it!!
Old 12-20-2005, 12:49 PM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TurB0ve#E
yeah.. it was a 3 1/2 hours for me, but totally worth it!!
Definately, I've been there 2 or 3 times for tuning in the past and wouldn't hesitate to go back again.

Get notified of new replies

To Jeff Creech is da man!! Got the car dyno tuned today.

Quick Reply: Jeff Creech is da man!! Got the car dyno tuned today.