C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SynergyMotorsports.net C5 STS TT Systems

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 02:54 AM
#001 2001 Z06
NCM, WSCC & SCC Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SynergyMotorsports.net C5 STS TT Systems

SynergyMotorsports.net C5 STS TT Systems

By Synergymotorsports.net. Fremont, California.
http://www.synergymotorsports.net/
510-796-3749.

Rick Hollenback, of Synergy Motorsports has been working directly STS since the company’s inception several years ago. Rick knows the STS turbo systems backwards and forward and has hand fabricated parts for various setups for last couple of years. Synergy currently works on or sells STS systems for many different applications such trucks, F-body’s, Corvettes and now Vipers. So do want to call the person that is going to guess on your LS application or the one that knows.

Each kit is custom tailored for your application, so call Synergymotorsports.net at
510-796-3749.

The tuner version is $6995.00.
MAF F/I Tuning $500.
F/I Speed Density 3 BAR Available. Call for Price.
BOV adds $299.
Turbo upgrades for applications over 750+ rwhp is $500.
Custom Synergy tested STS specific cam for under 400 cid. $425, plus install.
Custom Synergy tested STS specific cams for 402-427. In beta testing now. $425.
Fuel system for 1,200+ rwhp is $2,000. Includes everything from bow to stern.
Ractronix 310 with wiring harness $179. 97-02. 03-04 Call for Pricing.
MSD BAP is $263 .
EBC is $150.
Synergy Second Wastegate, plus nub for high horsepower applications. Call for Price.
4” custom intake pipe. Pricing to be announced.
Custom Silencers. Beta testing now for db level determination. Pricing to be announced.
Custom STS Exhaust. In R&D. Now Done.
The STS Quad kit tip option is $250.
Shipping is $175 net.
Installation in house starting at $1500.

You do not need expensive turbo headers or the spend money on the labor to install them. In fact, you can use the stock manifolds if you want too. The cats are also not moved due to the installation, if you wish to keep them. CARB approval is now being for the C5 System and has been approved for the older STS systems.

Regards,

Brent
Car Nut at Synergy Motorsports.

Benefits of Remote Mounting

• Ease of installation. STS Twin turbo systems can be installed in about 16 hours with standard tools and average mechanical ability.
• Performance Sound. The turbo acts as a muffler and sounds like an aftermarket performance muffler. Turbo spool and rushing air from the blow-off valve make a unique sound that will turn heads!
• No need for major modifications to your vehicle. STS systems are designed to "bolt-on" to factory mounts.
• Increased gas mileage. Unlike a belt driven supercharger, the turbo utilizes "wasted" energy leaving your tailpipe. Most of our customers get 1-3 mpg increase in gas mileage.
• Lower underhood temperatures. No need to worry about melting wires, hoses, or other components.
• Converts back to stock in about an hour.
• More room under the hood. Future repair work or modifications will not require the expense of removing the turbo system to allow access to engine components.
• Cooler oil to the turbo. Cool oil is better for both the turbo and engine.
• Approximately 500F lower turbo temperatures. Eliminates the need for a turbo-timer, which allows the engine to run after the car is shut off in order to cool down the turbo and prevent oil and bearing damage.
• Denser exhaust gasses drive the turbo turbine wheel more efficiently.
• Built-in intercooling. Intake piping provides ~50% intercooler efficiency. There is no need for the expense, pressure drop, and installation problems associated with a front mounted intercooler.
• Turbo is exposed to ambient air rather than underhood air. Allows for better cooling of turbo components.
• No need for expensive headers, mufflers, or exhaust systems.
• Turbo is closer to the tail pipe outlet. Provides a better pressure differential across the turbine wheel which promotes better flow across turbine.
• Better weight transfer. Increases traction because the bulk of system is mounted in rear of vehicle rather than up front.
• Less noise in the passenger compartment.

Kenny Duttweiler - Duttweiler Performance, Inc.
(Longtime "Turbo God" Kenny Duttweiler has a well-established reputation as the finest turbo tuner in all of drag racing.)
"Squires Turbo Systems' remote-mounted turbos have solved all of the problems associated with traditional engine-mounted turbo systems. The intense underhood heat a turbo generates has been eliminated and you no longer need to punch a hole in your oil pan or cut up the front of the vehicle for an intercooler. Emissions should be really good too with mounting the turbocharger after the catalytic converter."

Evan Griffey - Editor of Turbo and High Tech Peformance Magazine
(Evan's 3 page article on STS appears in the October 2004 issue of the magazine)
"The velocity of exhaust gas and the fact that the STS design features a good deal of straight pipe, coupled with what exhaust gas does when it enters a turbo, should help negate any "lag" in the system."
"We commend Squires Turbo Systems for the innovation and integrity of the concept it put forth, and we also appreciate the enormous potential it represents."

Patrick McCarthy, instructor at ESPN's Russel Racing School
(Patrick is a professional driver that drove the vehicles at the 2004 SEMA Proving Grounds)
"These turbo systems spooled quicker than any other turbo I've ever driven. The power comes on smooth and is very controllable, giving a great throttle response."
Check out Patrick driving the vehicles at the 2004 SEMA Proving Grounds

STS won the the GM Design Award for 2004 Best Performance Product. The judging was done by 3 of GM's best powertrain engineers.

Last edited by #001 2001 Z06; 05-17-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:56 AM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

You need to tell Rick to get his skinney butt on this forum and start representing......

That fuel system is STUPID EXPENSIVE.. But I guess if you've spent the $$ to get to 1200rwhp, whats an extra couple G's right??
Old 12-20-2005, 05:56 AM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Brent, you forgot to list two items with their cost:
a) 2 Gauges, Dual Pod
b) 42# and/or 60# Injectors (since the tuner version does not come with injectors).
c) Can you find out, how much second WG welded (from STS) would cost? One WG doesn't make sense?

What's EBC?

Can you elaborate on 4” custom intake pipe (is it to replace the plastic air bridge?)

More info on Custom Silencers and Custom STS Exhaus?

Are these new additions from STS or Synergy?

What time frame are we talking about?

Can they be added to an already installed system in the future?

I think either Rick (from STS or Synergy) should come on the forum and answer some of the issues that members are bringing up. i.e. second WG.

Thanks!

Last edited by Z_Rocks; 12-20-2005 at 06:31 AM.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:52 AM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks
What's EBC?
Electronic Boost Controller, also known as the "temptation ****".

Mark
Old 12-20-2005, 01:50 PM
#001 2001 Z06
NCM, WSCC & SCC Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default www.synergymotorsports.net

American HP. I feel you on that one.

On the fuel system, it costs a lot to take the fuel and even the rest of car to that level. Seriously a whole another playing field.

Rick, will be on this thread as well.

Z Rocks,

Will update.
2 Gauges, Dual Pod. Call Rick for now.
42# and/or 60# Injectors. Call Rick for now.
c) Can you find out, how much second WG welded (from STS) would cost?
$300 is my understanding. We have put together one as well.

What's EBC? Like Mark said. Two settings.

Can you elaborate on 4” custom intake pipe (is it to replace the plastic air bridge?) Yes, on high hp aplications.

Being worked one and more than one solution is going to be tested.

Synergy

What time frame are we talking about?

Fourty-five to sixty max to complete beta testing. Obviously, some things are availble immediately.

Can they be added to an already installed system in the future?

Yes.

I think either Rick (from STS or Synergy) should come on the forum and answer some of the issues that members are bringing up. i.e. second WG.

He will.

The second wastegate issue is being hotly debated. There are many opinions. Did I say MANY... I would use it, that's my opinion. There are some that seem to running just fine without it.

mdhmi,
Electronic Boost Controller, also known as the "temptation ****".

Old 12-20-2005, 02:01 PM
bernrex
Safety Car

Originally Posted by #001 2001 Z06

Being worked one and more than one solution is going to be tested.

Synergy

:
Kit is very quiet on C5 with Cats. Sounds almost like stock exhaust. Even when boost comes on ...it isn't too bad.

However, w/o cats it might need some silencers/mufflers. Someone who has installed a catless systems needs to address noise levels in that system for us.

I'd like to go catless later on ... if your FIX works to suppress noise to acceptible levels ( lets say no louder than a BARELY STREET LEGAL exhaust system) works out.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:17 PM
lewishou
Racer

Bernrex,

In my experience, the exhaust sound is way too loud, especially from the outside. Yes the tone is throaty at idle, but at about 2500 rpm, there is resonance, and the level is amplified. If synergy can address this issue, then this would be the ideal turbo kit for those living in CA (when it eventually gets the EO number). Hmmm... I wonder whose car they are doing the beta testing on for the muffling system.

Lewis
Old 12-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Ferretts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Synergy Website rocks! More photoshoots and less clothing please!
Old 12-20-2005, 06:44 PM
Nithros
St. Jude Partner since 89
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

How much does the kit weigh?
Old 12-20-2005, 06:47 PM
#001 2001 Z06
NCM, WSCC & SCC Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default First Custom 427 Z06 STS TT Build

First Custom 427 Z06 STS TT Build

First and foremost, I am blaming many of you for being a bad influence to my investment account. Due to my own lack of horsepower insecurities and directly because of you guys, I was beginning feel like the small guy in the locker room with my lowly N/A 427 (I brown nose, it is really, is not that lowly).

I spent a lot of time researching every Corvette twin turbo forced induction setup for the last couple of years.

The setup needed to meet many requirements.
1) Be drivable to the point, I would let my wife drive it. Well maybe…
2) Work every single time and not break
3) Make the car faster on sticky street tires
4) Run on pump gas
5) BIG; Be able to road race without overheating or having the boost go phallic. Something about melting a high-dollar motor or apexing tail first was not very appealing.
6) Not take the car out of balance (weight on the nose)
7) Not mess with or move, the OEM parts that worked well

Finally, about four months ago, I finally made choice. The STS twin turbo setup. I then allocated time to reading many, many more documents related to my 427 TT build. I already read many hours a day and hardly sleep as it is. Rick and I then generated over forty pages of emails over the last 100 days, to narrow down every single part and nut and bolt. We also had many discussions and telephone meetings with other experts over this, over that same period of time.

We came in, with the final parts list. Almost, all of which, in almost all cases, had at least been beta tested in at least three prior supporting examples.

Hence, the first, Custom 427 Z06 STS Twin Turbo Street build now is under commencement.

Some this information, was in no small part a contribution of the forum members. My hat is off to you.

Last edited by #001 2001 Z06; 07-07-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:27 PM
#001 2001 Z06
NCM, WSCC & SCC Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default www.synergymotorsports.net

Benerex,
I think you will really like the solution we came up with for the silencers. It has passed the mustard at sound restricted tracks for big CID high compression (non cat) applications. Cheap, kiss principle, reliable.

lewishou,
EO # in California is going to be way cool. That has never been done on any C5 TT setup.

Ferretts,
Website is going through major updates right now. Synergy Calendars are now available. $15. Please do not post website model pics here, against the CF rules. Its hard to argue with Bambi, Stana and Daniel when they are laying on the roof of my car about smugging the wax. lol.

Nithros,
Very good question. Need to weigh it. The cool thing on Z06 for example, is that it is on a 52/48 centerline to start with. Much of STS kit weight(twin turbo weight) is behind the rear IRS. Piping is light. Intercooler, not sure. I would suspect weight centerline will be 51/49 or 50/50. Not sure yet. Need to scale a car after the install.

Last edited by #001 2001 Z06; 07-07-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Skunkworks
Melting Slicks

Website is going through major updates right now. Synergy Calendars are now available. $15. Please do not post website model pics here, against the CF rules. Its hard to argue with Bambi, Stana and Daniel when they are laying on the roof of my car about smugging the wax. lol.
Brent
You should have mentioned this earlier and I would have checked out the site.

Mike
Old 12-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Cajundude
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In 7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Ummm, since I bought one of the kits and a chit load of other stuff from Rick do you think, ummm, I could ummm, come visit, and ummm, be able to have a night on the town with, ummmmm, Stana, Amber, and Ashley? Ummmm, just the four of us? Uh, yea, I'm only 34, I can handle it...
Old 12-20-2005, 11:50 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Originally Posted by Cajundude
Ummm, since I bought one of the kits and a chit load of other stuff from Rick do you think, ummm, I could ummm, come visit, and ummm, be able to have a night on the town with, ummmmm, Stana, Amber, and Ashley? Ummmm, just the four of us? Uh, yea, I'm only 34, I can handle it...
Ne Ner Ne Ner Ne Ner. Since I'm getting my car built a Synergy they are gonna have models do a photo shoot with my car once its done..

According to Rick, thats one of the perks you get when you have work done there. So I guess next time you need an oil change you'll be shipping it to CA huh???
Old 12-21-2005, 12:11 AM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

CA Events Coordinator

We have seen great power gains and 1/4 mile times from the STS single turbo systems. From what I have seen this new TT doesnt give the same results and the single STS setup. Every STS TT dyno sheet I have seen looks much like a procharger dyno.. I hope they are able to get the TT application working as well as the STS single turbo does.

VR
Old 12-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Skunkworks
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by AMERICAN_HP
Ne Ner Ne Ner Ne Ner. Since I'm getting my car built a Synergy they are gonna have models do a photo shoot with my car once its done..

According to Rick, thats one of the perks you get when you have work done there. So I guess next time you need an oil change you'll be shipping it to CA huh???
Damn, next time I’m in Cali I’ll have to rent a Corvette and go for oil change. Who knows my C5 just might make it down there one day.

Oh, I’m 37 and can hang too.

Mike
Old 12-21-2005, 03:32 AM
Raped-Ape
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it possible to purchase a tuner kit minus the turbos?
i have a few "special" turbos i would like to try out.

Get notified of new replies

To SynergyMotorsports.net C5 STS TT Systems

Old 12-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Nithros
St. Jude Partner since 89
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Nithros,
Very good question. Need to weigh it. The cool thing on Z06 for example, is that it is on a 52/48 centerline to start with. Much of STS kit weight(twin turbo weight) is behind the rear IRS. Piping is light. Intercooler, not sure. I would suspect weight centerline will be 51/49 or 50/50. Not sure yet. Need to scale a car after the install.
The weight distribution aspect is good but I am really more concerned with "how much does it weigh" not about the weight distribution of it on the car. Does anybody know? It shouldn't be that hard to find out - the weight should have been on the label of the boxes and certainly the people who ship the system would know.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:56 AM
Cajundude
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In 7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by Skunkworks
Damn, next time I’m in Cali I’ll have to rent a Corvette and go for oil change. Who knows my C5 just might make it down there one day.

Oh, I’m 37 and can hang too.

Mike
As long as I can get a picture of one of the girls holding on to my dipstick so be it...
Old 12-21-2005, 12:05 PM
0Synergy Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nithros
How much does the kit weigh?

Not too sure. It comes in two boxes, so I would think about 80-100lbs worth of boxes and stuff.

Rick

Quick Reply: SynergyMotorsports.net C5 STS TT Systems