C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Procharger or no more? Vortech only option?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 06:56 PM
CraZee ZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A&A Procharger or no more? Vortech only option?

Hey guys,

I had a procharger d1sc on my cobra and I WANT that blower on the zo6. The 4.10 step up ratio compared to vortech and paxton the procharger will make boost sooner. Does Andy still make a procharger kit? Id love to pick one up. Im not sure if I want the vortech. Ive driven vortech cars but procharged cars just feel better to me. I feel like the vortech units make boost more towards the end of the rpm redline.

BTW I know ECS makes a kit but at 8000 thats too much. I am going to install myself and have it tuned.
A&A Vortech kit is 5495 on sale. But ANDY I want your procharger setup!!

-Zee

Last edited by CraZee ZO6; 12-23-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:36 PM
#001 2001 Z06
NCM, WSCC & SCC Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Which ever kit you go with, enjot it.

The ECS kit is $6,395, Not $8,000. Add up the differences below and let us know what you think. (Even just the moutning bracket and huge intercooler by itself).

Old 12-23-2005, 07:51 PM
CraZee ZO6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by #001 2001 Z06

The ECS kit is $6,395, Not $8,000. Add up the differences below and let us know what you think. (Even just the moutning bracket and huge intercooler by itself).

I see, I beleive I got that price 7995 off their site.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:00 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CraZee ZO6
Hey guys,

I am going to install myself and have it tuned.

-Zee
-Zee,

Call us. We have some Procharger stuff left but frankly, our Vortech kit makes more torque and power than a comparable Procharger.

Happy Holidays,

Charlie
Old 12-23-2005, 08:05 PM
#001 2001 Z06
NCM, WSCC & SCC Member
Support Corvetteforum!

CraZee ZO6,
The ECS kit is $8,995 installed by any ECS distributor or ECS. This includes the guages/pod.
Extremely complete setup.
Catch up with Chris.
Brent
Old 12-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

I had a procharger d1sc on my cobra and I WANT that blower on the zo6. The 4.10 step up ratio compared to vortech and paxton the procharger will make boost sooner. Does Andy still make a procharger kit? Id love to pick one up. Im not sure if I want the vortech. Ive driven vortech cars but procharged cars just feel better to me. I feel like the vortech units make boost more towards the end of the rpm redline.

BTW I know ECS makes a kit but at 8000 thats too much. I am going to install myself and have it tuned.
I read it a number of times and I think he was SPECIFICALLY asking for an A&A Procharger kit. Unless I can't read either.
Besides, I don't have plastic "bearings". That would be stupid. I use the parts that I do because they work. The resin based pulleys utilize dual high speed bearings ( yeah, real metal ones) and the material just doesn't wear out. I've found that the aluminum pulleys ( like ATI used) would totally wear out in a couple of years. I've never had one wear out.
I do the intercooler the way I do because the weather is hotter out West. I wanted to leave more of the radiator exposed for cooling. It also allows me to get the filter below the shroud. I think it looks better and gets cooler air.
The D1 or T Trim kit comes with 60# Mototron injectors too. (not Motron)
My tensioner is placed down by the crank by design also. It does make it harder to change the belt but I feel it is a necessary evil. I don't want any long lengths of unguided belt between the blower and crank to "whip" when the throttle is lifted.
I think the ECS kit is great. No problems with it. Mine is also a great kit but I don't see the need to search out every thread and say" mines better".
Besides, how do you find the time to search these threads out beween:
As for me alone, traveled across the state, I have been closing quite number of real estate/loan transactions, working with six government officials, putting together another business plan, some M&A, marketing, executing documents, accounting, finance, a 7M building project, directing middle management, stock issuance, (corporate minutes, resolutions(Anyone want to volunteer to write ten pages by Monday). Oh, and somewhere in there, spent a little time on a 800M workout.
( this was your quote in a similar thread)
I am humbled to be allowed to be on the same internet as such an important man. BTW: Did you also invent the internet?
Those who actually read the instructions or called me for help and got it installed correctly are having no problems at all. Some of you just put it together without regard to how it really should go and even deleted a pulley because they couldn't figure out where it went and then bagged on the system because they had belt problems. (sound familiar ?) Fortunately I was able to assemble the bracket properly and send it back so that it would work properly. Even the do it yourselfers can figure it out.
And for God's sake, would you learn some grammar and spelling ? It makes you look not nearly as educated as you think you are.
Anyway, CraZeeZ06: I still have some Procharger parts and can put a kit together for you if that's what you really want. Wasn't that the original question? I've forgotten.

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107

Last edited by Andy@A&ACorvette; 12-24-2005 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:54 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

I love my A&A DS1C setup and it makes plenty of power and there is more if I decide to upgrade to an 8 rib setup. Look in the parts section I got my A&A setup used for a great deal and this setup with Andy's forged little ole 346 made 731 rwhp on pump gas with 16 degrees of timing. Hbrumfield posted tonight that he got almost 800 rwhp with his DS1C with a 408. So the ole DS1C can make some hp and is not yet dead.

I know they are making more hp out of the new head units--but they have tweaked the setup to make these kits even better so a new kit from either A&A or ECS will be a killer, just more dollars than a used setup. Just my 2c and good luck what every way you decide to go.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:56 PM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by #001 2001 Z06

Fully CNC brackets that are thicker.
More belt wrap on the head unit pulley
Stronger tensioner.
No need to remove any brackets to change belts
All metal bearings, not plastic
Fixed idler kit
Larger and more efficient intercooler
Custom lower radiator supports made with intercooler supports welded on.
Top shroud made of black aluminum instead of plastic.
All duct work is polished
Customers choice of Black, red or blue ducting.
Stainless T-bolt clamps
Kits include Motron 60 pound injectors
Includes a Racetronix fuel system or a boost a pump depending on year of car

Dude, no offense or anything but you really need to chill out sometimes. We all know your biased towards a certain vendor and setup, and theres absolutely nothing wrong with that, but you take it a little too far sometimes.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:12 AM
R&D
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@AandACorvette
I read it a number of times and I think he was SPECIFICALLY asking for an A&A Procharger kit. Unless I can't read either.
Besides, I don't have plastic "bearings". That would be stupid. I use the parts that I do because they work. The resin based pulleys utilize dual high speed bearings ( yeah, real metal ones) and the material just doesn't wear out. I've found that the aluminum pulleys ( like ATI used) would totally wear out in a couple of years. I've never had one wear out.
I do the intercooler the way I do because the weather is hotter out West. I wanted to leave more of the radiator exposed for cooling. It also allows me to get the filter below the shroud. I think it looks better and gets cooler air.
My tensioner is placed down by the crank by design also. It does make it harder to change the belt but I feel it is a necessary evil. I don't want any long lengths of unguided belt between the blower and crank to "whip" when the throttle is lifted.
I think the ECS kit is great. No problems with it. Mine is also a great kit but I don't see the need to search out every thread and say" mines better".
As for me alone, traveled across the state, I have been closing quite number of real estate/loan transactions, working with six government officials, putting together another business plan, some M&A, marketing, executing documents, accounting, finance, a 7M building project, directing middle management, stock issuance, (corporate minutes, resolutions(Anyone want to volunteer to write ten pages by Monday). Oh, and somewhere in there, spent a little time on a 800M workout.
I am humbled to be allowed to be on the same internet as such an important man. BTW: Did you also invent the internet?
Those who actually read the instructions or called me for help and got it installed correctly are having no problems at all. Some of you just put it together without regard to how it really should go and even deleted a pulley because they couldn't figure out where it went and then bagged on the system because they had belt problems. (sound familiar ?) Fortunately I was able to assemble the bracket properly and send it back so that it would work properly. Even the do it yourselfers can figure it out.
And for God's sake, would you learn to spell? It makes you look not nearly as educated as you know you are.
Anyway, CraZeeZ06: I still have some Procharger parts and can put a kit together for you if that's what you really want. Wasn't that the original question? I've forgotten.
Bwaaahhhhhh!
That's some serious ownage!
Old 12-24-2005, 12:20 AM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by R&D
Bwaaahhhhhh!
That's some serious ownage!

I don't think I've ever seen a company go off on someone like that before. That was the funniest thing I've read in a while. I just knew that was coming to him sooner or later. I feel like buying more stuff from Andy just for the good laugh. How's that saying go? Theres no such thing as bad publicity? Haha.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:37 AM
#001 2001 Z06
NCM, WSCC & SCC Member
Support Corvetteforum!

"BTW I know ECS makes a kit but at 8000 thats too much."

Mr. Green, he was mistaken about the price of the ECS product which not only Synergy sells and you now apparently you sell/represent. I gave him the correct price and the particulars on the ECS kit you are suppose to represent correctly yourself. I said nothing else, nor mentioned any vendor at all. Do you have a problem with this? ECS sells this product as well and many other distributors sell ECS's product on the forum.

Off topic; You are not the only one the sells forced inductions systems, there are a lot of really good vendors here in California and across the country the sell various forced induction systems that provide good customer support and there are a lot forced inductions systems on the market now. One-Hundred-Ten vendors in fact pay for advertising here to have a free and open market enviroment.

I find it curious that you trouble yourself tonight, near Christmas Eve and go back into one my old posts and pull out an excerpt and then personally attack me several times. I have taken an enormous amount of bashing (maybe legally more(hint) by some of your agents). Some others have as well. Not only not to cool, but is about to be rectified as I have fully documented a repeated pattern of bahavoir.

How about one your clients that left Laguna Seca first and then followed me and my wife back to the Hilton after Laguna Seca (Would you like to see the video)?

There are about half dozen other items not only myself and others could legally go into, but lets leave it at that for now.

As far as Synergy and Rick's talent. You have never met the guy, yet he has hundreds of satisfied customers. As Doug at ECS has stated on this board, Rick is extremely talented. Rick and Dave(from Cartek) talk shop regularly. Which is why both those companies allow Synergy to represent their product. Their have been a number of your systems at Synergy, not one, not two, but many.

There also a number of tuners in this state, Synergy, MSI, LAPD, yourself, Bernie(Burbank; does Jay Leno's personal collection) and the legendary Dick Gullstrand in Southern California.

I have never addressed your kit directly on the internet, nor will I now. In fact, I have friends that have your setup on their cars.

There are 290M people in the US, 45M in California alone. You are completely flawed in your business plan if you think the entire market is yours alone. There are many, many, many talented people out there and many, many new products hitting the market. There is nothing you or I can do about it. Nor would I want too.

Maybe you can beat up on GM when they come with their varible four cam 6.2 liter supercharged motor that revs to 9,000 rpm's. It's coming to market and soon. Would like me to get you the head of GM Marketing's email address?

In fact CF, would like more vendors to represent more areas as the forum grows.

Thank you for you consideration and have an excellent evening,

Brent

P.S. Balck Magic that's funny part. I was not trying to direct him anywhere. I certainly was not trying to sell him anything. Nor would get anything for it and I do other things. Did you happen to notice that he was up in N.Y.?

Quote:

Quote:

And for God's sake, would you learn to spell? It makes you look not nearly as educated as you know you are.

Last edited by #001 2001 Z06; 12-24-2005 at 12:46 AM.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:43 AM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on guys. It's friggin Christmas-eve. Take it to PM's.

Mark
Old 12-24-2005, 12:45 AM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Holy hell, learn how to quote stuff properly and learn how to stay on topic. And your complaining that someone followed you? Probably because they wanted to kick your *** for running your mouth so much.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:47 AM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or maybe they just wanted to get your autograph.

Mark
Old 12-24-2005, 12:50 AM
#001 2001 Z06
NCM, WSCC & SCC Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I did not speak to that person even once.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:01 AM
sbcxtreme
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

andy, looks like you will be getting my business when im ready to go FI. i would rather deal with a guy that has a good rep than an *sshole. 001 2001 z06, whoever you work for needs to fire you because you are a piece of *hit. directly or indirectly, you made the same point either way.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:27 AM
PRAY
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a low mile A@A P1sc kit in my garage with all the goodies. PM me if you are interested. A P1 will make more than enough power if you are still on the stock bottom end.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Procharger or no more? Vortech only option?

Old 12-24-2005, 12:17 PM
R&D
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This thread was far more entertaining and informative last night!

That was some serious #001 ownage!
Old 12-24-2005, 12:27 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

I can't remember.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:32 PM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by R&D
This thread was far more entertaining and informative last night!

That was some serious #001 ownage!

Quick Reply: A&A Procharger or no more? Vortech only option?