C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meth/water nozzles in coupler - yay or nay?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Tony @ MPH
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Meth/water nozzles in coupler - yay or nay?

Is it a bad idea to put the meth/water nozzles from my ECS kit into the coupler instead of the airbridge itself? Will this lead to boost leaks or tears in the hose? My new BBK airbridge is way too thick to drill/tap into with the type of nozzles I have right now.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:36 PM
AVB
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I would think that if you've clamped down/pinched on the coupler w/ washers it should be fine.. Just keep a spare available just in case though...

Arnel
Old 04-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Ragtop_Rob
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by diynoob
Is it a bad idea to put the meth/water nozzles from my ECS kit into the coupler instead of the airbridge itself? Will this lead to boost leaks or tears in the hose? My new BBK airbridge is way too thick to drill/tap into with the type of nozzles I have right now.
out of curiosity, why?
Old 04-10-2006, 06:20 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

I had mine in the coupler and I didnt have any leaks. All I did was run a rubber backed washer on both sides. This way the rubber formed to the coupler itself.

Old 04-10-2006, 06:46 PM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just machine a counterbore into the air bridge then drill and tap it.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:01 PM
QuickSilver2002
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couplers should work fine if you have a formed washer on each side, but I usually do the counter bore in the hard stuff.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Julio
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Depends on pressure as well. Running less than 15 PSI shouldnt be an issue. You can always install a 3 inch ID sleeve thats 1 inch wide into the hose coupler. Or 4 inch depending on hose coupler.

I have installed probably 20 nozzles into IC end tanks, what I do on those is not use the washers. And drill and tap the hole so the nozzle threads through the aluminum. I have also seen where a die grinder is used to remove some of the material from the inside of the metal bridge, thus reducing the thickness.. this would also work. As well as milling down an area.

HTH

PS, if you only have a few threads to work with, red loc-tite the elbow. You dont want a nozzle to get loose. That would be a bad thing
Old 04-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Ken G
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called Chris at ECS to find out where to plumb the nozzle. He told me to move the MAF down to the intercooler outlet and swap the metal tubing closer to the throttle body and to plumb the alcohol nozzle into the metal ducting. I had to trim the metal ducting a bit to get everything to sit nice and low under the hood. I wish I had known that I could have just plumbed the nozzle into the short silicone hose between the MAF and the throttle body.

Last edited by Ken G; 04-11-2006 at 07:51 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Meth/water nozzles in coupler - yay or nay?

Quick Reply: Meth/water nozzles in coupler - yay or nay?