C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a Tuner to Dyno/Street Tune My Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 08:58 PM
ProtoVette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a Tuner to Dyno/Street Tune My Car

I am looking for a professional and reputable Tuner with FI experience (STS tuning experience is desirable) to dyno/street tune my car. I live in Northeast PA, so I would be looking for a tuner in the PA, NJ or NY area.

I am almost done installing my STS C5 TT kit on my '99 Vette, and I want to finish it with a good tune. Since I ordered a basic STS kit without the handheld programmer, I do not have a tune at all. I would like to be able to send my computer to the Tuner so that they can install a generic base tune that would be good enough to allow me to conservatively drive to their shop, and then have them specifically tune my car on the dyno and street.

The closest tuners that I know of that I would take my car to right now are ECS, The Vette Doctors and Anger Management Racing. All these are 2.5 - 3 hours away, hence why I would like to put a generic base tune in the computer to be able to drive there. If there are closer reputable Tuners, please let me know.

This is what I would like to know from the Tuner:

1. Cost of the Dyno/Street Tune? Also, what tuning program do you use?

2. Can I get a base generic tune put into my computer? Would this be included in the dyno tune cost, or how much extra would it be?

3. What is the cost of a tune update if I were to make small upgrades/changes to my system, such as changing turbo housings, changing x-pipe/cats, etc?

4. How long approximately is the wait time to start the work once an appointment is scheduled, and how long would I need to leave the car (This is not a problem, as I would rather you have the car for as long as you need to do the tune right.)

5. Do you have drop-off / pick-up on weekends or evening hours, by appointment of course?

Lastly, I am looking to form a good relationship with someone I can call My Tuner, as I know I will be needing an upgraded clutch installed (along with DTE brace and hardened out put shaft) in the not to distant future. And maybe even upgrading the motor with forged internals.

PM or email me with your feedback to the specific questions. If you need me to call you to go over anything with what I'm looking for, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Chris

Last edited by ProtoVette; 06-01-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:06 AM
JerryL
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Give Cartek a call: 908-317-4496
Old 06-02-2006, 07:49 AM
1BAD-LS1
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give Chris a call at East Coast Supercharging (ECS) at:
609-752-0321.

They are in NJ, about an hour outside of Philadelphia, and they are top notch
Old 06-02-2006, 08:26 AM
MasterVette
Instructor

Give Cartek a call After all they build the fastest turbo cars out there.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

sent you a PM
Old 06-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Tenderfoot
Drifting

ECS (in Cream Ridge, NJ) installed and tuned my STS kit. Previously, they had intalled gears and torque converter on my coupe. All work has been completed on time and without any issues. They have done a few STS kits since my install and are very familiar with the kit. They take pride in their work, are very detail oriented, stand behind their work, and provide great customer service. I would recommend them highly .

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a Tuner to Dyno/Street Tune My Car

Quick Reply: Looking for a Tuner to Dyno/Street Tune My Car