C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weight of Kenne Bell System

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 10:16 PM
sdz06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weight of Kenne Bell System

Anyone know the weight that a Kenne Bell system will add to the car? I assume the hood is about the same weight as stock.

Thanks,

Justin
Old 11-15-2006, 10:59 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

I would have to say somewhere between 75-85lbs. I'm not 100% sure though. It could be as high as 95 though.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:05 PM
DBFCO2
Racer

Originally Posted by sdz06
Anyone know the weight that a Kenne Bell system will add to the car? I assume the hood is about the same weight as stock.

Thanks,

Justin
The shipping weight was 150lb, I would say the boxes and packing weight approx 20lb.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:08 PM
DBFCO2
Racer

Originally Posted by DBFCO2
The shipping weight was 150lb, I would say the boxes and packing weight approx 20lb.
This wieght does not include the hood.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:20 AM
sdz06
Advanced

Thanks! Boy, like carrying a passenger on top of your engine. I'm putting one on a car that I use for roadracing. I hope it doesn't effect the handling too much.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:11 AM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Originally Posted by DBFCO2
Thats got to take into considereation dimensional weight(for shipping purposes). The only other half way decent sized piece is the heat exchanger, and that thing cant weigh more than 10 pounds.
The box is MASSIVE.. But there is no way the S/C weighs in at over 100lbs.. IMHO...
Old 11-16-2006, 10:05 AM
kromberg
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmmmm... what is the weight of a Procharger, Vortech, or Paxton head unit, the backet, tubbing, and intercooler? Can't be more than a 100 pounds I would guess.

Keith
Old 11-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Rag-Top Rick
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sdz06

Thanks,

Justin
I have a Maggie here!
It probably weighs about the same as a Ken Bell, my guess is once you fill the intercooler with fuid you`re looking at aprox 100lbs.
It did make a difference in the balance of the car!
The nose now feels noticeably heavier, front ride height dropped aprox 1/2in, since I`m already lowered I`m going to try and raise her back up and see if I can get some bal back.(I have the F45 suspension w/electronic shocks)

My guess is that I`ll end-up installing stiffer springs/shocks, or at least a stiffer front spring.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Blue Lightening
Burning Brakes

I agree that the shipping weight of 150 lbs is the dimensional weight. I had been told the Maggie added a weight of 65 pounds to the car. I can't see how either the Maggie or KB could weight 100 lbs.
Norm
Old 11-16-2006, 01:59 PM
MadMaxZ06
Racer

I asked this exact question back in July.

Ken's (KBTECH) reply was 70 lbs.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...1401065&page=2

- Max
Old 11-16-2006, 02:00 PM
0KBTECH
Former Vendor

Default Kb Kit Weight

Originally Posted by Blue Lightening
I agree that the shipping weight of 150 lbs is the dimensional weight. I had been told the Maggie added a weight of 65 pounds to the car. I can't see how either the Maggie or KB could weight 100 lbs.
Norm
It is true that ALL the components combined in the boxes weigh up to ~145 lbs, but that includes everything, even the manual, tuner, and some other small incidentals (which weigh about 10-12 lbs ). Don't forget you are removing about 45-50 lbs from the car to install the kit, so subtract that from the kit weight.

The difference in hood weights would be minimal also. We can't imagine anyone having to change any suspension set-up for less than 100 lbs total weight, but then again, we do not claim to be suspension experts!

Regards,

Ken
Old 11-16-2006, 02:05 PM
0KBTECH
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MadMaxZ06
I asked this exact question back in July.

Ken's (KBTECH) reply was 70 lbs.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...1401065&page=2

- Max
Hi Max.

Just to clarify: remember, this is the question you asked: "Curious, does anyone know the weight of the s/c with the intake manifold combined?"

My answer of 70lbs was correct for just the supercharger with manifold, not the entire kit and all the rest of the parts. I actually went out to the shipping dept. and weighed the supercharger/manifold at the time you asked so I would be sure! I apologize if I misunderstood your question at the time.

Regards,

Ken
Old 11-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Rag-Top Rick
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by R.P.
I have a Maggie here!
It probably weighs about the same as a Ken Bell, my guess is once you fill the intercooler with fuid you`re looking at aprox 100lbs.
It did make a difference in the balance of the car!
The nose now feels noticeably heavier, front ride height dropped aprox 1/2in, since I`m already lowered I`m going to try and raise her back up and see if I can get some bal back.(I have the F45 suspension w/electronic shocks)

My guess is that I`ll end-up installing stiffer springs/shocks, or at least a stiffer front spring.
I may be a little off on the actual weight but if you consider the add "wet-weight" of my larger capacity rad and the blower coolant it all adds to the overall weight.
If you are "very tuned-in" to the balance of the car like I am, then you will feel the difference!

Just trying to add some hands on info here!
Old 11-16-2006, 02:15 PM
MadMaxZ06
Racer

Originally Posted by KBTECH
Hi Max.

Just to clarify: remember, this is the question you asked: "Curious, does anyone know the weight of the s/c with the intake manifold combined?"

My answer of 70lbs was correct for just the supercharger with manifold, not the entire kit and all the rest of the parts. I actually went out to the shipping dept. and weighed the supercharger/manifold at the time you asked so I would be sure! I apologize if I misunderstood your question at the time.

Regards,

Ken
Hi Ken,

Actually, you answered my question exactly as I worded it, but now that I've read this post I realized I didn't ask exactly the right question Good for you on two counts; 1. Actually READING and 2. Actually making the effort to measure just the s/c with the intake manifold. In retrospect, I'm more interested in the how much weight the car gains by adding the complete kit.

Thanks for catching my mistake

- Max

Last edited by MadMaxZ06; 11-16-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:56 PM
tlaselva
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by R.P.
I may be a little off on the actual weight but if you consider the add "wet-weight" of my larger capacity rad and the blower coolant it all adds to the overall weight.
If you are "very tuned-in" to the balance of the car like I am, then you will feel the difference!
I drove a Maggied Z06, and really felt the extra heft of the blower on the car. Car felt noticably slower to respond to change of direction. Have to realize that the weight is up high, and at the worse place for extra weight, in the front of the car. But the torque coming off a light . . . .
Old 11-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Rag-Top Rick
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tlaselva
I drove a Maggied Z06, and really felt the extra heft of the blower on the car. Car felt noticably slower to respond to change of direction. Have to realize that the weight is up high, and at the worse place for extra weight, in the front of the car. But the torque coming off a light . . . .
Exactly, I`m just trying to pass on info that hasn`t been discussed much in this section, at least going by the searches I`ve done!

Most people are so excited about their new found power they don`t mention the affect that the additional weight has on the balance of the car. If you canyon carve or track your car, then you probably would notice it a lot more that those who just street cruz.

To be fair, the power gain is so much fun to play with, it does take your mind off the change in balance.

Get notified of new replies

To Weight of Kenne Bell System

Quick Reply: Weight of Kenne Bell System