C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1870 Trans Component Slipping

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Jeff65
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1870 Trans Component Slipping

I have a new FLT Level 5 Transmission with a 2400 Stall. I have got this code a couple of times and after researching it I think it is because ov the new converter. I have HP Tuners so can anyone tell me what my TCC Settings should be set at?

Current:

TCC Max Slip 3000
TCC Min Slip 1500
TCC Clear Max Slip 1800
TCC Clear Min Slip 130

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Old 05-22-2007, 09:32 PM
RoadRebel
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just raise the enable test temp up as high as it will go and you will not see the code again.

Phil
Old 05-22-2007, 10:38 PM
mitymikec
Drifting

I heard it is common when adding a torque converter but hey i could be wrong..lol
Old 05-22-2007, 10:48 PM
0rodney@rpmtransmissions
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mitymikec
I heard it is common when adding a torque converter but hey i could be wrong..lol
The test for the code is not performed until after the PCM commands lock-up. Making changes in the tune so that the test will not be performed will obviously keep the code from setting BUT chances are that you have a lock-up issue. I would watch TCC slip (RPM) on a scan tool when TCC enable is "on". You didn't happen to change the rear gear ratio?
Old 05-22-2007, 11:17 PM
scottyz
Advanced

Watch the TCC slip and i believe that there is a fix for a worn valve in the valve body or it could also be the bore the valve is in. I have also seen situations where the spring, cant remember which one was the cause for this code. I would imagine that FLT took care of the valve and spring since they rebuilt it but you never know. Stuff happens even with new parts.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:59 AM
0rodney@rpmtransmissions
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scottyz
Watch the TCC slip and i believe that there is a fix for a worn valve in the valve body or it could also be the bore the valve is in. I have also seen situations where the spring, cant remember which one was the cause for this code. I would imagine that FLT took care of the valve and spring since they rebuilt it but you never know. Stuff happens even with new parts.
I assure you that the problem is not a worn TCC regulator valve bore. That is a very common problem on 4L60e's but if Chuck built it(FLT) he has that taken care of.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Jeff65
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rodney@rpmtransmissions
The test for the code is not performed until after the PCM commands lock-up. Making changes in the tune so that the test will not be performed will obviously keep the code from setting BUT chances are that you have a lock-up issue. I would watch TCC slip (RPM) on a scan tool when TCC enable is "on". You didn't happen to change the rear gear ratio?
I did switch my differential to a 3.42.

Get notified of new replies

To P1870 Trans Component Slipping

Quick Reply: P1870 Trans Component Slipping