C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Sledge Hammer,Callaway And John Lingenfelter

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:20 PM
NORM KOERNER
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Sledge Hammer,Callaway And John Lingenfelter

OKAY RECENTLY THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME CONFUSION ON HISTORY FACTS...............PLEASE PERMITT ME TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT FOR THOSE WITH MEMORY LOSS AND OR ALTZHIEMER DISEASE..REEVES CALLAWAY CONTRACTED WITH THE LENGEDARY JOHN LINGENELTER TO BUILD THE SLEDGEHAMMER ENGINE WHICH JOHN DID.WHEN JOHN DELIVERED THE CAR TO REEVES TO DRIVE,REEVES WAS SICK WITH A FLU BUG,REEVES AT THAT TIME ASKED JOHN LINGENFELTER IF HE WOULD DRIVE THE CAR.JOHN DID AND RAN IT TO 254 MPH.REEVES CALLAWAY BUILDS SOME OF THE MOST STYLISH CORVETTES ON THE PLANET.LINGENFELTER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING BUILDS SOME OF THE FASTEST CORVETTES ON THE PLANET!IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE ANYONE NEEDS TO KNOW?
Old 10-31-2007, 09:55 PM
0Rob@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NORM KOERNER
OKAY RECENTLY THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME CONFUSION ON HISTORY FACTS...............PLEASE PERMITT ME TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT FOR THOSE WITH MEMORY LOSS AND OR ALTZHIEMER DISEASE..REEVES CALLAWAY CONTRACTED WITH THE LENGEDARY JOHN LINGENELTER TO BUILD THE SLEDGEHAMMER ENGINE WHICH JOHN DID.WHEN JOHN DELIVERED THE CAR TO REEVES TO DRIVE,REEVES WAS SICK WITH A FLU BUG,REEVES AT THAT TIME ASKED JOHN LINGENFELTER IF HE WOULD DRIVE THE CAR.JOHN DID AND RAN IT TO 254 MPH.REEVES CALLAWAY BUILDS SOME OF THE MOST STYLISH CORVETTES ON THE PLANET.LINGENFELTER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING BUILDS SOME OF THE FASTEST CORVETTES ON THE PLANET!IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE ANYONE NEEDS TO KNOW?
Amen to that.
I meet him twice personally @ SEMA he was a very nice guy down to earth. Always made time to talk to you. They still have the record for C5 6 speed of 9.4's and C5 with stock auto driveline in the 8's
Old 11-01-2007, 12:44 AM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

So why is your information any more/less accurate than all the other people who had an opinion? Did you help build it, drive it, own it, or sleep with someone who did??

Just a question..
Old 11-01-2007, 12:51 AM
chriswtx
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

and what does this have to do with C5 FI???
Old 11-01-2007, 01:22 AM
BaneZ06
Supremacy 1 car at a time
Support Corvetteforum!

and why is it all in caps
Old 11-01-2007, 01:32 AM
flynbludream
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AMERICAN_HP
So why is your information any more/less accurate than all the other people who had an opinion? Did you help build it, drive it, own it, or sleep with someone who did??

Just a question..
Because he has spent one MILLION DOLLARS

at LPE and therefore his information is much more relevant than anyone who just READS things.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:59 AM
Skunkworks
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZeeOhhSixx
My thoughts to.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:38 AM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Originally Posted by flynbludream
Because he has spent one MILLION DOLLARS

at LPE and therefore his information is much more relevant than anyone who just READS things.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:42 AM
NORM KOERNER
Racer

Originally Posted by AMERICAN_HP

Just a question..
I SEE YOU STILL DONT KNOW AND APPEAR CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!WHY???????? JUST A QUESTION.......
Old 11-01-2007, 07:03 AM
wrustywrench
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is/was this your post as a gold member .

the sledgehammer is old stuff.........could we say its outdated now.

And John has passed on, RIP. I dont know, but could speculate that a lot of LPE cars could do that number now. I may be wrong.

Oh,, Elvis and Dale E.are dead,,,,deal with that too.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:19 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Ouchhhh! Those whip marks hurt!

Good sinopsis!

Thanks,Matt
Old 11-01-2007, 09:11 AM
BlackSheepZ06
Instructor

Wow... WTF! Norm was just providing the facts that he knows about a question that was asked recently be several other forum members. It seems rediculous to jump all over him for that. Why would some of you guys even bother to post a reply. And what are Norm's credentials:
The LPE Z06 w/ 1300rwhp that just went 226 in the standing mile...Norm's...1 of 4 LPE Twin turbo ZR-1's...Norm's...The fastest NA LPE Viper...Norm's... ETC. ETC. the list goes on.
Norm has done several projects w/ LPE and probably has his own office there. Thats why he is so knowledgeable about LPE. Norm has helped push the corvette envelope even further so I believe that he and the late J.L. deserve alittle respect given this is a corvette forum.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:12 AM
ForceFedC5
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSheepZ06
Wow... WTF! Norm was just providing the facts that he knows about a question that was asked recently be several other forum members. It seems rediculous to jump all over him for that. Why would some of you guys even bother to post a reply. And what are Norm's credentials:
The LPE Z06 w/ 1300rwhp that just went 226 in the standing mile...Norm's...1 of 4 LPE Twin turbo ZR-1's...Norm's...The fastest NA LPE Viper...Norm's... ETC. ETC. the list goes on.
Norm has done several projects w/ LPE and probably has his own office there. Thats why he is so knowledgeable about LPE. Norm has helped push the corvette envelope even further so I believe that he and the late J.L. deserve alittle respect given this is a corvette forum.
I'm sure Norm's a great guy, but why does someone deserve more respect just because they're wealthy and spend a bazillion dollars at a tuner?

Big deal

Jay Leno should be one of the most well respected men in the world then!
Old 11-01-2007, 11:22 AM
gorillavet
Drifting

I am trying real hard to understand the relevancy of this statement to the FI section, not to mention the "all caps" issue.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 439 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by chriswtx
and what does this have to do with C5 FI???

There is a lot of stuff in the C5 FI section that shouldn't be...but I suspect that this is carry over from my thread that got locked because of the panty waste arguements.

The reason that I posted it on a different thread because I was comparing the work to what it took to make a kit(s) for the C5 and C6 to produce similar results (hp wise)...found it interesting.

Never intended for it to become an discussion between who drove the car or not....didn't really give a crap about that!
Old 11-01-2007, 12:02 PM
NORM KOERNER
Racer

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ
There is a lot of stuff in the C5 FI section that shouldn't be...but I suspect that this is carry over from my thread that got locked because of the panty waste arguements.

The reason that I posted it on a different thread because I was comparing the work to what it took to make a kit(s) for the C5 and C6 to produce similar results (hp wise)...found it interesting.

Never intended for it to become an discussion between who drove the car or not....didn't really give a crap about that!
GREAT!!!!!NOW WE ARE ALL CLEAR............THANX!
Old 11-01-2007, 12:07 PM
TTC5Z
Racer

Originally Posted by BlackSheepZ06
Yes ...

that resume makes him a PLAYER ! He gets to type in bold text.

Get notified of new replies

To The Sledge Hammer,Callaway And John Lingenfelter

Old 11-01-2007, 03:14 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

do we need another member to comment on the relevancy to FI and all caps??

the correct answer is no
Old 11-01-2007, 03:29 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by ZeeOhhSixx
EVERY POST THAT I READ OF HIS ALWAYS IS.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:30 PM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NORM KOERNER
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE ANYONE NEEDS TO KNOW?
Yes. Are you looking to hire a work-from-home systems engineer?

Quick Reply: The Sledge Hammer,Callaway And John Lingenfelter