C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A.I.S. meth kit for the c5-c6 vettes

Old 12-22-2008, 02:43 PM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default A.I.S. meth kit for the c5-c6 vettes

East Texas Muscle Cars and AIS have worked together to bring you guys the best meth kit on the market. this kit will use you Washer RES for the tank. and is a full S.S. line with DUAL nozzle setup. $$$359.99 plus shipping. also these kits a brand new so we dont yet have the instructions made up. But they will be very soon

very easy install, and the kit comes with a LIFETIME MAN. warranty, and you DONT have to run our fluid to keep the warranty. We run this kit in our shop car and in all our customers cars. we have used and sold every kit on the market and now have found the one will will stick with for good.
give us a call for pricing for these great kits and anyother info you would like to know.
here is a little about it.
"No supercharger or turbocharger system is complete without a water methanol injection system. Whether your running an intercooled system or not, the benefits gained from alcohol injection are so profound, you simply can't afford to run without one once you understand and realize the benefits of it.

Benefits of Water Methanol Injection:

Lower air temperatures by 50-200+ degrees
Reduces cylinder temperatures by 200+ degrees
Increase your 87-93 pump gas by 15-20+ points
Increase horsepower safely by 10-15%
Allows you to safely run more boost and timing
Cools and protects the tops of your pistons
Longer more stable combustion expansion and progression
Removes carbon build up from combustion chambers, pistons and valves
Reduces & helps eliminate damaging engine detonation & pre-ignition
No need for expensive racing fuel or additives

You wouldn't drive your car with out car insurance. Now there's insurance for your motor. Protect your motor and the investment you have in your motor with one of our water alcohol/methanol injections systems."

Old 12-22-2008, 02:44 PM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

her is the cs pics

Old 12-22-2008, 03:06 PM
D C
USMC (retired)
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I do not have this kit, but I do have a different AIS kit (from A&A) and it has worked superbly. AIS meth kits.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:40 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Looks great! Great price too!
Old 12-22-2008, 04:03 PM
black98c5
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I'll be the one to go ahead and ask; how does this kit compare to the Alky Control kit that many here use?. I'm not asking this to start a pissing match, but just wondering since I'll be in the market for a meth kit really soon.

Thanks,

Last edited by black98c5; 12-23-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Wicked C5
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04

I need to pick one of these up soon!
Old 12-22-2008, 06:26 PM
D C
USMC (retired)
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked C5
I need to pick one of these up soon!
go for it Reid.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:18 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,081 Likes on 655 Posts

Just an FYI, standard AN fittings will corrode from methanol, just trying to save you some come backs. Good luck with it.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:39 PM
N4cer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must've overlooked it, but i don't see that this kit is progressive. Is it the progressive kit? Non-progressive is basically worthless.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:51 AM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by N4cer
I must've overlooked it, but i don't see that this kit is progressive. Is it the progressive kit? Non-progressive is basically worthless.
um...actually that not true. please explain your reasoning on this. if you want a progressive its not that hard to do we can send the progressive controller with. All you would as for is a Stage 2 kit, thats our progressive kits. BUT we run many cars with out progressive at 1000+ hp all the time, so i am just wondering your reasoning. got to remember how long is you car really not a FULL boost? only for a second. our turbo cars that go to 20+ psi only take a sec to get to full boost so you got to think what is the progressive controller doing for you if it ramps up that fast? might as well just get the METH in there at 5-6 psi so its there"full" the whole time and you can get more out of it. But like i said if you are a guy that likes the progressive kit we have that also in this kit just ask for the stage 2 kit. no big deal. Just trying to keep the price down for everyone.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:53 AM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Just an FYI, standard AN fittings will corrode from methanol, just trying to save you some come backs. Good luck with it.
well thank you, but Rodney, over at A.I.S. doesnt need luck...he has been producing these kits for years and they are top of the line. I just wanted to bring something to the corvette family that was just for them! hope everyone that gets there kit loves them! as im sure you will!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:43 PM
EVLZ06
Burning Brakes

I don't have this exact kit, but have AIS' other kit with the stand alone tank and progressive controller and it has worked great!!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:48 PM
black98c5
Safety Car

Originally Posted by East Tx Muscle Cars
um...actually that not true. please explain your reasoning on this. if you want a progressive its not that hard to do we can send the progressive controller with. All you would as for is a Stage 2 kit, thats our progressive kits. BUT we run many cars with out progressive at 1000+ hp all the time, so i am just wondering your reasoning. got to remember how long is you car really not a FULL boost? only for a second. our turbo cars that go to 20+ psi only take a sec to get to full boost so you got to think what is the progressive controller doing for you if it ramps up that fast? might as well just get the METH in there at 5-6 psi so its there"full" the whole time and you can get more out of it. But like i said if you are a guy that likes the progressive kit we have that also in this kit just ask for the stage 2 kit. no big deal. Just trying to keep the price down for everyone.
So whats your Stage II kit (progressive kit) run? Any pics?

Thanks,
Old 12-23-2008, 12:55 PM
N4cer
Pro

Originally Posted by East Tx Muscle Cars
We can get the AIS stage 1 kit with a single nozzle for $250 straight off AIS's site. I see no advantage to a dual nozzle.

Remember most here are supercharger cars. And what is proper AFR at 5500rpm won't be right when at 6800rpm. That's why progressive is the way to go. We're not instantly at full boost, and even if we were, the RPM changing makes the AFR change. Spraying (for instance - and these numbers are arbitrary just to show the point) 1 gallon per minute at 5000rpm will put much more meth in each cylinder than spraying the same amount at 6000rpm. That's not arguable. It's a fact. Now the results I'm not sure of, but I know no respectable tuners that I know like a non-progressive meth kit.

Same reason that nitrous makes more torque down low than up high... spray a 150hp shot at 3000rpm then spray it at 6000rpm and tell me which one yanks you harder. You're distributing it more with greater RPM.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:51 PM
briann510
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by N4cer
We can get the AIS stage 1 kit with a single nozzle for $250 straight off AIS's site. I see no advantage to a dual nozzle.
Actually its on sale from AIS for $189 right now for single nozzle although not braided hoses but pretty inexpensive for a ready to go kit (I dont think any AIS kit comes with a the 2 piece bung to mount nozzle in rubber coupling which is another $20 elswhere). Its much cheaper to buy the -4 nitrous braided line separately elsewhere though for $60. All said and done I guess its about the same or close to price either whole kit what you want or piece it separately together.

I used to try and save money buying misc parts from different vendors but now I say screw it and but complete kits even of a little more $$ with whatever I'm doing cause its just easier.

Last edited by briann510; 12-23-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:33 PM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Ww dont not run the basic kit. it comes with the press fittings and plastic line, the extra cost is in the STAINLESS lines/a bulkhead fitting/and the dual nozzles. You want to run the dual nozzles for higher hp cars. if your not high HP now you can still use them then down the road you will not have to upgrade it at all, other than nozzle size. I use this kit on ALL the cars that come out of this shop, and i ALWAYS use S.S. line to make sure i never have any leaks or any problems with the kit like you can with the plastic tubbing and press in fittings.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:21 PM
MarkT 2002
Pro

Definitely DO NOT use the plastic tubes that come with the AIS kit. I thought they upgraded their kits to steel braided lines.

When I bought my kit a year and a half ago I had two of the plastic lines shrink closed under heat. Even the vacuum/boost hose shrunk closed when I was running at the Roval accelerating to 160+mph.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:41 PM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MarkT 2002
Definitely DO NOT use the plastic tubes that come with the AIS kit. I thought they upgraded their kits to steel braided lines.

When I bought my kit a year and a half ago I had two of the plastic lines shrink closed under heat. Even the vacuum/boost hose shrunk closed when I was running at the Roval accelerating to 160+mph.
yes, most of the Meth kits on the market came with the plastic lines. Snow and a few others do. I always like the upgraded S.S. lines, and thats also why we only sell this kit with the S.S.lines

Get notified of new replies

To A.I.S. meth kit for the c5-c6 vettes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A.I.S. meth kit for the c5-c6 vettes