C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Questions: Dedicated Fuel Systems

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Boob
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous Questions: Dedicated Fuel Systems

Looking to fab a dedicated fuel system for a wet kit. Looking to shoot about 300 shot max (solenoid limited). My questions are:

1) What fuel pump would be good to use, inline, intank?

2) What is my target fuel pressure?

3) I should be using a fuel pressure regulator and return on this setup, right?

4) How should I wire up the fuel pump? Turns on when I activate the system or turns on when I hit the shot?

Some of these are probably dumb questions but I'm asking them anyway so I can get an idea of what I'm going to do. Goal is to have a system with more saftey features than necessary. FPSS, NPSS, AFR lean/rich cutoff.

What other considerations should I take into account when fabbing up a dedicated fuel system?
Old 01-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

When I hear dedicated I picture a setup like mine with a fuel cell where the battery sat.

I run a walboro 255 in the fuel cell with a regulator on it but no need for return of course.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Originally Posted by Drewstein
When I hear dedicated I picture a setup like mine with a fuel cell where the battery sat.
I agree. I personally am using a nitrodave setup.

I like the pump to come on when arming the system. I also suggest low pressure so your fuel jets are not as small, and you can have more tunability.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Nitro Dave
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where do you plan on mounting the tank? There are many different ways of setting the system up. What type of system are you feeding? Are you going to jet it as a high or low pressure system?

Like stated above I suggest wiring the system in so that as soon as you activate the nitrous system it activates the dedicated fuel system.
Dave
Old 01-16-2009, 12:57 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

100% correct Dave!!!

Here is a fine example of a complete plug&play setup we offer thru Nitrous Outlet. We also offer several other variations as well for placement.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,084 Posts

I'd use a return style regulator as close to the solenoid as you can get it.
This gives two advantanges:

(1) As soon as the fuel pump turns on, any air in the line will be purged.
(2) There isn't a time delay in full fuel delivery from the need to get the fuel moving in the line when the solenoid opens. It's already moving full speed once the pump is turned on.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:46 PM
M275
Heel & Toe

How large of a fuel cell would you need for a 15# bottle?

I mean to fill it up once the bottle run outs....
Old 01-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Nitro Dave
Racer

The nitrous system does not use as much fuel as you would think. Most dedicated fuel systems are of one gallon or alittle less. It will easlily out last the 15lb bottle.
Dave
Old 01-16-2009, 04:53 PM
algZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

here are some pics of my car with daves setup.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Boob
Pro

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm shooting to have it mounted where my battery currently is in a custom made cell.

Currently the plan is to run the wet system using a "P" gauge for a progressive shot management. Going to start out with a 50-150 and up it from there.

Dave, not sure on which fueling setup would be benificial to me. (low or high press). Could you explain the pros and cons of each? Also, which fuel pump would I use for each setup. Ideally I would like an inline pump whichever direction I go.

I like the idea of running the regulator close to the solenoid too and have the pump activate when I turn the system on.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Robert56@RNS
Collections Hold

Just for options and information purposes, you can also use your main factory fuel tank instead of a dedicated tank. Many do just this and it is called a "Parallel" fuel system. This way you don't have to add the tank in the engine bay. I like it because I want 100% race fuel when spraying my car, not a watered down mix. I currently run this type of system and just love it. I have mine wired with an RPM activation switch and comes on when N2O is at WOT and/or anytime it's above 3200rpm if the fuel arm SW is on.

There are many ways we can go with these systems on our cars. Upgrading the stock system can support 700rwhp and is being done currently. We have the dual in-tank pumps also, though not on my site, and they will support 1000hp. Also, have the Lingenfelter Walbro in-tank replacement pump along with a Hot-Wire kit (good to 600/650 with no other mods).

I do carry a complete plug and play kit from A&A and you can see it in the second link. The first link is a Fuel System upgrading write-up with lots of info and how-to on our fuel systems, and should offer some insight on the regulator and how to get the most out of the stock system and so on.

Just some options and ideas. let me know if I can help in any way.
Fuel System Upgrading
Fuel System Products
Robert
Old 01-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Boob
Pro

I guess I should elaborate slightly on my combo. I'm currently running a 383 ls1. Fueling is being handled by a Racetronix Kit (Walbro 255 + hotwire). Car is sitting N/A near 500whp on a stock throttlebody. Since this setup works perfectly well N/A I'm going dedicated fuel cell in the engine bay so that I can spray race gas with my N20. I don't have too much interest in a parallel system, although I appreciate the suggestion. I would be more interested in a setup like that if I was FI pushing over 800. For my setup a dedicated system makes the most sense because it will be easily removable, and I won't be replacing parts that I've already modified. The bling factor won't hurt either...

I'd like to know more about high pressure setups vs. low pressure setups in dedicated fuel systems.

Also, would the fuel cell need a vent line?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Originally Posted by Boob
I guess I should elaborate slightly on my combo. I'm currently running a 383 ls1. Fueling is being handled by a Racetronix Kit (Walbro 255 + hotwire). Car is sitting N/A near 500whp on a stock throttlebody. Since this setup works perfectly well N/A I'm going dedicated fuel cell in the engine bay so that I can spray race gas with my N20. I don't have too much interest in a parallel system, although I appreciate the suggestion. I would be more interested in a setup like that if I was FI pushing over 800. For my setup a dedicated system makes the most sense because it will be easily removable, and I won't be replacing parts that I've already modified. The bling factor won't hurt either...

I'd like to know more about high pressure setups vs. low pressure setups in dedicated fuel systems.

Also, would the fuel cell need a vent line?
You are running a setup similar to what I am doing. I went with a low pressure system. With the lower pressure fuel system you will need bigger fuel jets. To me it is a better approach. The larger fuel jets are less prone to clogging up and causing problems later.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:15 AM
Robert56@RNS
Collections Hold

Call HSW directly, they are putting a nice stand alone together for the C5. Correct on the low pressure, it's advantage is being able to run larger jets and the thinking is they will get clogged less likely. Really this is only a factor when going direct port and the jetting is much smaller. Most wet kits outside of dp run the same pressure as our cars, but in the end it's up to you. I don't think eithe ris easier to tune and most kits come with a jetting table for high pressure systems. I hope your considering a DP for a 300 shot?
Robert
Old 01-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Boob
Pro

So on a low pressure setup what is my target fuel pressure?

Not sure on how I'm going to shoot the 300 shot. Like I said, gonna start at 150 shot. It's going to be ridiculous already. Hopefully by the time I consider a 3hundy I'll have a sheet metal intake of some sort.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:41 AM
Young6
Advanced

Originally Posted by algZO6

Where gan I get fuel cell for nitrous like this?
Old 02-14-2017, 06:47 AM
Young6
Advanced

Default Nitrous stand alone

Originally Posted by algZO6

Is this made for the C6?
Old 02-14-2017, 02:56 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Young6
Is this made for the C6?
Yes sir! check out the link below:

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/dedicat...el-system.html

Last edited by NitrousOutlet; 02-14-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Nitrous Questions: Dedicated Fuel Systems

Quick Reply: Nitrous Questions: Dedicated Fuel Systems