C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TS Front end from Extreme Dimensions Poor Quality

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 437 Likes on 234 Posts

Default TS Front end from Extreme Dimensions Poor Quality

I am not sure how the Starcraft original version looked or looks but I just received the TS Front nose w/spoiler from a vendor on this board. It is not his fault that the these things don't appear to be cast correctly.

Here is the issue. The paper work that comes with the Extreme Dimensions piece states that the front nose is designed to be used with the OEM hardware and that nothing else is needed. I have snapped a pic of the two (OEM and TS) front nose pieces where the turn signal bezzles are. As you can see there is no provision for mounting the turn signal assembly into the new TS turnsignal location.

The OEM piece as a spring that mounts to the interior of the OEM front clip and also two bolt locations to mount the assembly into the front end. As you can see from the OEM pic, there is also a shelf for the turnsignal to rest as part of the mounting area for the turn signal.

I will be asking the vendor to either credit me the amount that is necessary to mount this piece as stated in the documentation and or accept a full return if not negotiated. If the vendor chooses not to do this I will advise the forum.

For now buyer beware of this product. It also doesn't appear to have a provision to accept the front brake ducts (OEM) was there an aftermarket piece (from Starcraft) that went with this to make it work?

See picture below. I could deal with the lack of holes to mount the front end because I can see where they need to be drilled at.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ockC5Front.jpg
Old 09-19-2009, 05:20 PM
ctvette2003
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is how mine came. I was still able to mount my lights with no issue. Just use the clips from your old nose. As for the break ducts, new vents should have come with the kit and they more or less just friction fit around the vent opening.

This kit should have had the new ducts & fog light relocation kit (if you got that option)
Old 09-19-2009, 05:58 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

This is why I always stay with mainstream products that have a proven history. At the end of the day, whatever you saved in the initial cost comes out in the back end when trying to install or make it work.

Hey Kevin, btw did you get the motor yet ?
Old 09-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ctvette2003
That is how mine came. I was still able to mount my lights with no issue. Just use the clips from your old nose. As for the break ducts, new vents should have come with the kit and they more or less just friction fit around the vent opening.

This kit should have had the new ducts & fog light relocation kit (if you got that option)
How did you mount the lights...did you do it or did your body shop do it? Please look at the pics I posted and reply.

Originally Posted by ajg1915
This is why I always stay with mainstream products that have a proven history. At the end of the day, whatever you saved in the initial cost comes out in the back end when trying to install or make it work.

Hey Kevin, btw did you get the motor yet ?
Hi Tony I just did and was going to call you and say thanks. It looks great and I will shoot you and email or pm later tonight.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:01 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ
How did you mount the lights...did you do it or did your body shop do it? Please look at the pics I posted and reply.

Hi Tony I just did and was going to call you and say thanks. It looks great and I will shoot you and email or pm later tonight.
Awesome.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Steve'01
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I purchased my TS front and rear from Starcraft. They both came in boxes with a GM logo on them. This was several years ago. The front turn signals did have the provision for the two bolts per side as well as the holes drilled for the OEM springs to mount. I had no issues and mounted the front bumper and the rear myself. I then took it to be painted. I also received the brake ducts. My body shop and I both agreed the parts were OEM quality and did not need any extra effort to align them to the OEM fenders. Unlike my aftermarket fiberglass hood which needed lots of attention to look and fit correctly.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:24 AM
joshtownsend
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have not heard from a single person thats a starcarft item did not fit and required ANY body work... Well worth the moeny.. now if I can just get them to ship it out.. I would be good.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:08 AM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by joshtownsend
I have not heard from a single person thats a starcarft item did not fit and required ANY body work... Well worth the moeny.. now if I can just get them to ship it out.. I would be good.
Thanks for clarifying this. As you see from the pics the bolt holes for the signal assemblies are clearly missing on the TS. The best one could hope to do is glue them or glass them in place. This is very disappointing as the instructions that came with the Extreme Dimensions claim that all of the OEM hardware will work and nothing else is necessary...this is a complete lie with respect to the mounting of the turn signal assemblies.

I have contacted the vendor who sold it to me and he has directed me to the guy the vendor/supplier that he got them from off of this board. I left him a voicemail but have not heard anything yet. I will go on his post where he is selling and direct him here so that hopefully he will respond.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:19 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Kevin, sent you a pm. Although you did not buy it directly from me, I will try to help you out as much as possible.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:01 AM
0Rob@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I am not sure how the Starcraft original version looked or looks but I just received the TS Front nose w/spoiler from a vendor on this board. It is not his fault that the these things don't appear to be cast correctly.

Here is the issue. The paper work that comes with the Extreme Dimensions piece states that the front nose is designed to be used with the OEM hardware and that nothing else is needed. I have snapped a pic of the two (OEM and TS) front nose pieces where the turn signal bezzles are. As you can see there is no provision for mounting the turn signal assembly into the new TS turnsignal location.

The OEM piece as a spring that mounts to the interior of the OEM front clip and also two bolt locations to mount the assembly into the front end. As you can see from the OEM pic, there is also a shelf for the turnsignal to rest as part of the mounting area for the turn signal.

I will be asking the vendor to either credit me the amount that is necessary to mount this piece as stated in the documentation and or accept a full return if not negotiated. If the vendor chooses not to do this I will advise the forum.

For now buyer beware of this product. It also doesn't appear to have a provision to accept the front brake ducts (OEM) was there an aftermarket piece (from Starcraft) that went with this to make it work?

See picture below. I could deal with the lack of holes to mount the front end because I can see where they need to be drilled at.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ockC5Front.jpg
I own a highend autobody shop and my bodyman said he wouldn't install the TS bumper on my car, he told me to purchase the original Tiger Shark instead. Happy I did because my lower lip spoiler got caught
on my trailer bent 180 degree and returned back to original position without damage.Reason Tiger Shark uses OEM materials. LB also bought a TS bumper and we told him to go some where else to install it. I still have the TS bumper for sale.
Rob.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Champion Motors
I own a highend autobody shop and my bodyman said he wouldn't install the TS bumper on my car, he told me to purchase the original Tiger Shark instead. Happy I did because my lower lip spoiler got caught
on my trailer bent 180 degree and returned back to original position without damage.Reason Tiger Shark uses OEM materials. LB also bought a TS bumper and we told him to go some where else to install it. I still have the TS bumper for sale.
Rob.
Another pic showing the difference.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...nalBezzels.jpg
Old 09-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Steve'01
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If the bumper you are dealing with is fiberglass I would return it and move to the original. Even though the Starcrarft is twice the price (gives or take) and takes up to six weeks to get it will bounce back from many potential injuries. As we all know people love to pull into parking places until they just nudge the car in front of them. Fiberglass will crack etc. the OEM material bounces back. Also the fact that the body shop can use the additive that allows the paint to flex is also a benefit. Not sure about you but I hate to have my car in the body shop, I get all depressed and tend be very grumpy (according to my wife and boys).
Old 09-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Steve'01
If the bumper you are dealing with is fiberglass I would return it and move to the original. Even though the Starcrarft is twice the price (gives or take) and takes up to six weeks to get it will bounce back from many potential injuries. As we all know people love to pull into parking places until they just nudge the car in front of them. Fiberglass will crack etc. the OEM material bounces back. Also the fact that the body shop can use the additive that allows the paint to flex is also a benefit. Not sure about you but I hate to have my car in the body shop, I get all depressed and tend be very grumpy (according to my wife and boys).
If anybody thinks I am bs'ing check these shots out...I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from ED again.
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...TSFitment1.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...TSfitment2.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...TSfitment3.jpg

Seriuosly FUBAR!
Old 09-20-2009, 02:17 PM
corvettebob1
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If anybody thinks I am bs'ing check these shots out...I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from ED again.

Seriuosly FUBAR!

Man that sucks!
Old 09-20-2009, 02:20 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by corvettebob1

Man that sucks!

Hope you used a credit card for that purchase.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Slow Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW. I would definatly go for a full refund.

Sorry for the bad luck on that.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:01 PM
ONE BMF
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Seriuosly FUBAR!
Farking Junk -Sorry for your Pain -Now flame the supplier until he takes his sorry *** product back

Get notified of new replies

To TS Front end from Extreme Dimensions Poor Quality

Old 09-20-2009, 07:46 PM
0Rob@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
Kevin, sent you a pm. Although you did not buy it directly from me, I will try to help you out as much as possible.
If your going to help him out, will you take mine back for full refund? we purchased it from you and it's still brand new in original box.

Rob.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:10 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by ONE BMF
Farking Junk -Sorry for your Pain -Now flame the supplier until he takes his sorry *** product back
Man that thing is junk. I have never seen a piece from a vendor on here that bad..... Hope you get your money back. If the MOD dont help out on this something is really wrong.. Give savewave a p.m. he is over the vendors....
Old 09-20-2009, 09:07 PM
ForceFedC5
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

So this is a different copy than the Duraflex one?

I was very close to purchasing that one. Has anyone here tried it?

(I've heard good things about them but now I'm not so sure...)

Quick Reply: TS Front end from Extreme Dimensions Poor Quality