C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Twin 76mm S/W Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 02:26 PM
gorillavet
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking build. What kind of numbers have you produced and at what boost level???

I did something similar as you and ended up with a little over 1100 to the wheels at 18 pounds.

Last edited by gorillavet; 11-18-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

....tight work. Where's the turbo pic's?
Old 11-19-2009, 02:44 AM
bradenW
Drifting

Originally Posted by gorillavet
Nice looking build. What kind of numbers have you produced and at what boost level???

I did something similar as you and ended up with a little over 1100 to the wheels at 18 pounds.
No numbers yet. N/A graph coming this week because we're curious. And then the guts are coming down to swap in the new radiator, fans, FMIC, turbo kit, converter, powerglide, rear, and axles.

Originally Posted by Smoove
....tight work. Where's the turbo pic's?
Thanks. All of the turbo pics are of it still in the boxes. I'll post pics of that when it's all in the car. I can't wait to see how the custom bezel turns out with the boost controller mounted in it.

Last edited by bradenW; 11-19-2009 at 03:13 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:11 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bradenW
No numbers yet. N/A graph coming this week because we're curious. And then the guts are coming down to swap in the new radiator, fans, FMIC, turbo kit, converter, powerglide, rear, and axles.

Thanks. All of the turbo pics are of it still in the boxes. I'll post pics of that when it's all in the car. I can't wait to see how the custom bezel turns out with the boost controller mounted in it.
Cool deal. Let me know if you need any help with something regarding the kit, as I have the same kit, which I have installed and removed multiple times for servicing on my own ride. Kept mine a 6 speed though. Now doing a similar ugrade(motor-fuel-etc) Have fun with the build. Make sure you start wrapping everything that is going to come close to anything turbo related(manifolds,turbos,wastegates,down pipes, etc). It's a hardcore kit, and I love it.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:50 AM
bradenW
Drifting

Originally Posted by Smoove
Cool deal. Let me know if you need any help with something regarding the kit, as I have the same kit, which I have installed and removed multiple times for servicing on my own ride. Kept mine a 6 speed though. Now doing a similar ugrade(motor-fuel-etc) Have fun with the build. Make sure you start wrapping everything that is going to come close to anything turbo related(manifolds,turbos,wastegates,down pipes, etc). It's a hardcore kit, and I love it.
Thanks! All the hotside and exhaust is wrapped and turbos have blankets. I'm going to have electric cutouts on the downpipes and considering running the cutout exit on out through the bottom of the front fenders. I know I've seen a thread somewhere that had the downpipes exiting there before. Must find it..

I looked up a calculator the other night and it looks like I'll be able to to do 0-90ish in 1st gear with 3.42s Should be pretty insane when those turbos hit.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bradenW
Thanks! All the hotside and exhaust is wrapped and turbos have blankets. I'm going to have electric cutouts on the downpipes and considering running the cutout exit on out through the bottom of the front fenders. I know I've seen a thread somewhere that had the downpipes exiting there before. Must find it..

I looked up a calculator the other night and it looks like I'll be able to to do 0-90ish in 1st gear with 3.42s Should be pretty insane when those turbos hit.
No prob. Make sure you wrap electrical items, coolant hoses, etc. Alot of stuff you don't think your gonna burn, you burn. I avoided alot by listening to previous owners(of this style kit) and covering everything.

I run a stock manual trans with an automatic home modified 2.73 geared diff. So my car is set up for some decent speeds(looking to contend in the standing mile). The long gears help the turbos to load up, making the car accelerate pretty hard. Before with the 3.42's and on the stock bottom end(787rwhp-696 ft-lbs-11psi-67mm turbos) the car would blow the tires off at 145mph on the street. Now with the 2.73's, it's still pulling really hard, just not blowing off the tires. I use the car primarily on the street, and plan for the mile.

My headers, down pipes, mid pipes, etc, everything is coated, and I am using also about 250 feet of wrap. I dump mine just before my transmission. I run no mufflers, as it really isn't all that loud. I used to run LG pro longtubes, 3" off road pipes and B&B bullets,..... which was without a doubt louder at anything above idle. Now, my idle is much louder but, thats it. Cruising is no problem sound wise. I'll probably end up putting two bullet mufflers on(vibrant performance bullets) at some point(maybe). Here's the bottom taken a while back...also the mufflers I am looking into. Sound clip-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaWyNBMIsSE

Last edited by Smoove; 11-19-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:09 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

nice vid Jamie, looks like a typical afternoon at Josh's shop
Old 11-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Steve Doten
nice vid Jamie, looks like a typical afternoon at Josh's shop

Thanks Steve. Yup, just another weekend smoke fest
Old 11-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

lol cool deal.

I am going to continue the length of my pipes out to the back but, I plan on running it all in aluminum, with V bands. I do like the side exit idea, as it does look crazy,...and lets face it, is all business. I just like tail pipes, alot. Best wishes with your build man. Looks to be a monster. Have fun. Post up more pics as you progress bro, peace.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Vert_Fan
Instructor

I love over the top crazy street builds.

Here are a few links of LB's posts on the side exits.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...-ignorant.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...in-pretty.html
Old 11-22-2009, 02:19 AM
bradenW
Drifting

Thanks for the links! I couldn't find them to save my life.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:59 AM
one2flylow
Heel & Toe

Hey how is your build coming? Good to see there is another Turbo vette in Edmond that will be around 1000hp. Love to meet up with you some time when I get back for Kuwait. I have a Yellow and black '99 6spd 408irn with 57mm HP's kit.

good luck with everything! Post a vid when you get a chance after you have it all put together. here is a teazer of mine on low boost (9lbs) to get you anticipated on what to expect.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...torID=34016795

Ugene
Old 12-04-2009, 01:53 PM
bradenW
Drifting

Waiting on parts right now. I have never heard of your car. Do you ever meet up with anyone local?
Old 12-04-2009, 06:02 PM
jobberone
jobberone
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice build. I just got my tranny back and I had it maxed out. It's still only good to 1100HP flywheel. Which I'm not anywhere near I think. What are you doing for your tranny. ??couplers.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:39 AM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by one2flylow
Hey how is your build coming? Good to see there is another Turbo vette in Edmond that will be around 1000hp. Love to meet up with you some time when I get back for Kuwait. I have a Yellow and black '99 6spd 408irn with 57mm HP's kit.

good luck with everything! Post a vid when you get a chance after you have it all put together. here is a teazer of mine on low boost (9lbs) to get you anticipated on what to expect.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...torID=34016795

Ugene
DId you order your hp kit? IF so how was the wait on parts?
Old 12-05-2009, 07:52 AM
bradenW
Drifting

Originally Posted by jobberone
Nice build. I just got my tranny back and I had it maxed out. It's still only good to 1100HP flywheel. Which I'm not anywhere near I think. What are you doing for your tranny. ??couplers.
Powerglide and a Coan converter.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:23 PM
one2flylow
Heel & Toe

pm sent SBCGENII

Dont want to thread jack

I have never heard of your car. Do you ever meet up with anyone local?
I have been oversea for awhile now and usually able to come back for vacation 2 times a year. The car has been mainly in the shops. Driven it about 500mile since the twins being installed. Any way i can tell you more if you want.

Get notified of new replies

To Twin 76mm S/W Coupe

Old 12-07-2009, 02:28 PM
bradenW
Drifting

Originally Posted by one2flylow
pm sent SBCGENII

Dont want to thread jack

I have been oversea for awhile now and usually able to come back for vacation 2 times a year. The car has been mainly in the shops. Driven it about 500mile since the twins being installed. Any way i can tell you more if you want.
Interesting. Same story here. I broke mine in on the motor last time I was home. Who's doing your work?
Old 01-13-2010, 04:20 PM
bradenW
Drifting

No transmission yet but everything else is there. All of the guts are out of the car and the longblock is disassembled and going to the machine shop for 1/2" head studs.

Just a quick pic I took of the intake all together on my way out.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Z06wanted
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice build. Good luck

Quick Reply: Twin 76mm S/W Coupe