C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nick Williams 105mm throttlebody

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 07:11 AM
denscor
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nick Williams 105mm throttlebody

Has anyone used or tried one of these Nick Williams 105mm throttlebody?
Old 12-08-2010, 08:43 AM
jobberone
jobberone
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've a friend who has installed a few. I received instructions from Williams on how to change the tune to allow proper idle etc. You lose some driveability with slightly sluggish throttle response times with large throttle blades. You do need a blade and throttle body slightly bigger than your intercooler outlet ID. My intercooler outlet ID is 91mm. I'm going to use a ported LS7 TB at about 96mm along with a FAST 102 manifold for instance. But I drive my car more than I race it. If you want all out then you will get a little more volume of air with the larger TB.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:22 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettesforfun
I've a friend who has installed a few. I received instructions from Williams on how to change the tune to allow proper idle etc. You lose some driveability with slightly sluggish throttle response times with large throttle blades. You do need a blade and throttle body slightly bigger than your intercooler outlet ID. My intercooler outlet ID is 91mm. I'm going to use a ported LS7 TB at about 96mm along with a FAST 102 manifold for instance. But I drive my car more than I race it. If you want all out then you will get a little more volume of air with the larger TB.
A few guys here that are driving the car on the street dont like them. One is going to pull it and sell it and go with the 102 TB. I was thinking on going with the 102 set up.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:17 PM
denscor
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should save my money and keep using my ported LS7 throttle body with my fast 102 intake?

Get notified of new replies

To Nick Williams 105mm throttlebody

Quick Reply: Nick Williams 105mm throttlebody