C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? About AFR 205's & Boost

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 09:06 PM
PMPNSEZ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ? About AFR 205's & Boost

I have the opportunity to buy a set of heads that I've always wanted from another member. The specs are as follows:

The heads are stock unported AFR 205's milled .020" which makes the chambers 62.5 cc instead of 66cc. I had new bronze valve guides installed in them and a 5 angle valve job done. I also had new valve stem seals installed and seat pressure tested on all the springs. Springs will support up to a .675" lift cam and they have AFR's titanium retainers.*

I'm currently building an all out show car and have already done most of the performance. I've got a stock LS6 with an APS twin turbo kit, fully built T56 , diff brace, ecs fuel system, and alky kit. Will these heads work good with a turbo cam and what compression to expect. Wouldn't be upset if there was mention of some custom cam grinds as well. Just looking for a mild head/ cam to work with my F/I. It'll be tracked recreationally so I'm not looking for the most aggressive setup just something to wake up the boost from 7PSI to between 10-15. It's putting down 625whp right now

Thanks in Advance,

Chris
Old 01-26-2011, 10:56 PM
easyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be more interested in 225 heads. Being those heads have been milled and only 205 you will find lots of torque down low with those. If you looking at the 10-15psi boost range the 225 heads is where they are really going to sing up top...
Old 01-26-2011, 11:06 PM
PMPNSEZ
Racer

That's what I've been researching. There's a lot of misinformation out there. Someone on another forum had posted that the 205 and 225 are very similar. Can't remeber what he stated the difference was. Because these are milled I was wondering how it will affect the compression. This car already lights the tires up through 3 gears with drag radials. I'm definatley not looking for more low end grunt. Not opposed to it but not a necessary requirement
Old 01-26-2011, 11:17 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

If your not looking to make a-lot more rwhp like you have said. I dont think I would put over 2,k more into the car with no more than it will give you man. Just my 2 cents...
Old 01-26-2011, 11:44 PM
PMPNSEZ
Racer

I want to up the boost. I guess what I meant was I'm not looking for the most aggressive setup for the dragstrip. If I was looking for that I'd be in a tube chassis car with an lsx block. Sad thing is 625 can still make some of us feel like they're driving a beetle. Just can't seem to shake the mod bug. Maybe if I sell the car and cancel all subscriptions plus start taking the bus I'd be normal. That will never happen lol

Get notified of new replies

To ? About AFR 205's & Boost

Quick Reply: ? About AFR 205's & Boost