C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BendPak Car Lifts

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 10:49 AM
tom46818
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BendPak Car Lifts

I have been researching multiple 4 post car lifts. I have found good reviews on BendPak car lifts and I am wondering if anyone on here has one and could recommend a good dealer?
Old 03-15-2011, 11:20 AM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Don't have one but here are some threads I've saved over the years.....just in case:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...tall-pics.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...lled-pics.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ft-owners.html
Old 03-15-2011, 11:27 AM
tom46818
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you for the links.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:41 AM
tom46818
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Just spoke with a BendPak dealer the prices will be reduced for the 2nd quarter, if anyone else is interested in purchasing a lift?

Last edited by tom46818; 03-15-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:12 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

so you did consider back yard buddy? I am going to get a lift in late spring early summer and have often wondered which is best bang for buck....I thought 220 volt would be best choice?

As far as the lift....is the bend pack more sturdy than others? warranty? (over others)
Old 03-15-2011, 12:15 PM
BAD_TCR
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tom46818
Just spoke with a BendPak dealer the prices will be reduced for the 2nd quarter, if anyone else is interested in purchasing a lift?
I'm interested-- now throw a group buy on top of that-- and I'll really be interested...
Old 03-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Dale1990
Le Mans Master

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

My dad put a Bend-Pak 4 post lift in his garage a few years ago - BP12SS if I remember correctly. He and I did the install ourselves without much difficulty. We did need to borrow a few people to help us move the ramp with the ram in it - heavy SOB. He bought it online and it was drop-shipped from Bendpak via truck freight to a local towing company who delivered it to us on a flatbed tow truck.

It's a nice unit and served us well. Now that I live 1k miles away, I really miss it.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:53 PM
tom46818
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BAD_TCR
I'm interested-- now throw a group buy on top of that-- and I'll really be interested...
Send me an email I will talk with the dealer and see if we can get a group purchase price.

Last edited by tom46818; 03-15-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:05 PM
tom46818
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tim414
so you did consider back yard buddy? I am going to get a lift in late spring early summer and have often wondered which is best bang for buck....I thought 220 volt would be best choice?

As far as the lift....is the bend pack more sturdy than others? warranty? (over others)
The BendPak car lift I am looking at purchase is the HD-9XW, here are the spec's and it's also ALI certified. Yes, I looked at Back Yard Buddy, yet honestly all the negative press they give everyone elses lifts made me not want to purchase a lift from them. This is my opinion on why I did not investigate further into purchasing Back Yard Buddy car lift.

Lifting capacity: 9,000 lbs.
Overall width: 116-3/4"
Overall length: 224"
Height of columns: 100"
Max rise: 82"
Length of runways: 188"
Motor: 220 VAC / 1 Ph
Shipping weight: 2,040 lbs.

Last edited by tom46818; 03-15-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:12 PM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 545 Likes on 333 Posts

i just had a HD-9STX installed two weeks ago. it's a great lift but i have not been able to use it yet because the dealer omitted the request for a 110v motor and the one they shipped is 220v (standard). i had 220v installed specifically for two lifts but prefer to utilize a 110v system. time now will tell. FWIW, i shopped this lift and it seems that BP controls how much their dealers sell them for.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:16 PM
tom46818
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jimmie jam
i just had a HD-9STX installed two weeks ago. it's a great lift but i have not been able to use it yet because the dealer omitted the request for a 110v motor and the one they shipped is 220v (standard). i had 220v installed specifically for two lifts but prefer to utilize a 110v system. time now will tell. FWIW, i shopped this lift and it seems that BP controls how much their dealers sell them for.
Thanks for the information!
Old 03-15-2011, 02:17 PM
ITSGRAND
Racer

I bought my lift from Greg Smith Equipment 2 years ago. It's not a Bend Pak and they openly tell you that it's made in China, but it seems to be reliable and sturdy so far. They have 3 stores in the US and often sell on ebay. I was lucky enough to have a store just around teh corner from me so I picked up a lift, rolling jack, and a press.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:48 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by jimmie jam
I'm planning to buy a new lift one of these days (when I get my shop finished on the inside-it's built already-slowly getting inside finished how I want it-still have scaffolding up).

I was wondering bout your thoughts on the 110 volt.....in my thinking the 220 volt would be a stronger motor. So if ya share your insight I would appreciate it.

Is the steel used in bend pack higher guage steel than the rest? Do they offer accessories (that I can make a platform and use as elevator for my four wheelers-I built a mezanine for storage of outdoor stuff and 4-wheelers-the height of mezanine is 96 inches so 82 inch lift is ok w/ramps to get the 4-wheelers off floor and onto mez.)

Does it have casters that can be attached to move the lift around inside shop?

Does it have jacks so I can change a tire(s) on lift?
Is there anything I have not considered you think that a newbie buyer should know?
Thanks in advance for insight
Old 03-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Peter_H
Intermediate

Default my 3 cents

I bought a Bend Pac about 4 yrs ago,,,,its a 2 post,,,can't remember what the model number is but it will lift 12000 lbs. I only bought one that heavy so it would also pick up my 4wd Dodge Ram Diesel Pickup. I ordered it online and had it trucked to my work where we unloaded the shipping crate with a small forklift. If you can work on your corvette, you can handle the install on one of these lifts. At the time,,,I felt Bend Pak was the best deal for the price because it included all the lifting spacers you need to lift different vehicles. Some of the lift manufacturers charge extra for them. It also came with a handy lifting guide showing many lifting points on american and foreign vehicles. I opted for the 230V unit but I'm sure the 115V would work just fine. If you wanted to save on electrical work, you could run the low voltage unit off a heavy duty extension cord. I am very pleased with it so far, have had no issues, very well made unit.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:59 PM
mlc331
Advanced

I don't have a bendpak but I do have a Direct lift w/8000lb capacity. I love the lift and for the price, I don't think there is a better way to go. Dolly's to move it around and you can either install it or leave it free-standing. I've had 3500 trucks on it as well as my c1500 chevy, The wife's Prius, mom's camery and my C6 vette. I've done front end work, rear end work along with pulled the front of my C6 apart to replace the radiator, fan and shrouds. Currently, my neighbor's 73 Roadrunner is up there and we're changing out the stock trans for an Overdrive trans from a newer Magnum application. Several oil changes and various exhaust work and it's paid for itself over and over... and over again. Such a huge advantage to have one.

To be perfectly honest... I got mine used from a guy down the road for..... Get this.... $900! He delivered and I installed. The lift was 2 years old. Happier than a pig in mud with it.

Don't look past Direct Lift.... Not as commercial as Bendpak, but darn good product. Good luck with your search.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:03 PM
ITSGRAND
Racer

Originally Posted by mlc331
I don't have a bendpak but I do have a Direct lift w/8000lb capacity. I love the lift and for the price, I don't think there is a better way to go. Dolly's to move it around and you can either install it or leave it free-standing. I've had 3500 trucks on it as well as my c1500 chevy, The wife's Prius, mom's camery and my C6 vette. I've done front end work, rear end work along with pulled the front of my C6 apart to replace the radiator, fan and shrouds. Currently, my neighbor's 73 Roadrunner is up there and we're changing out the stock trans for an Overdrive trans from a newer Magnum application. Several oil changes and various exhaust work and it's paid for itself over and over... and over again. Such a huge advantage to have one.

To be perfectly honest... I got mine used from a guy down the road for..... Get this.... $900! He delivered and I installed. The lift was 2 years old. Happier than a pig in mud with it.

Don't look past Direct Lift.... Not as commercial as Bendpak, but darn good product. Good luck with your search.
This is what I bought from Greg Smith. I believe they are pretty much the only ones that sell them. I believe I paid around $1800 for the lift new and $500 for a rolling jack.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:56 PM
cgrundman
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

I bought my BendPak about 6 weeks ago and do not know how I made it this long with out it ! I checked out many of the name brands, but I thought BendPak was the best for the money. I saw a couple requests for a group purchase so I talked to my salesman and said he would be all in. If you want his name, PM me and I will send it to you.

Last edited by cgrundman; 07-27-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To BendPak Car Lifts

Old 03-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Silverboost
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

I would be interested in a group purchase also
Old 03-16-2011, 09:50 AM
STEVE MC
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey that first link is of me installing my HD9 last spring.

I absolutely love it, have had no issues and it works great. I got mine from Automotive Service Equipment http://www.asedeals.com/lifts2.html
They will ship to anywhere in the country since all the lifts leave from the main warehouse in CA.
They offered the best purchase price at the time.
I also purchased two Zinko scissor jacks to use with the sliding jack tray.
Make sure to get the aluminum ramps, there is a big difference in weight.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:05 AM
tom46818
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by STEVE MC
Hey that first link is of me installing my HD9 last spring.

I absolutely love it, have had no issues and it works great. I got mine from Automotive Service Equipment http://www.asedeals.com/lifts2.html
They will ship to anywhere in the country since all the lifts leave from the main warehouse in CA.
They offered the best purchase price at the time.
I also purchased two Zinko scissor jacks to use with the sliding jack tray.
Make sure to get the aluminum ramps, there is a big difference in weight.
Good information! Thank you!

Quick Reply: BendPak Car Lifts