C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharger pulley size

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 12:42 AM
reactor2
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Procharger pulley size

Does anybody know what size pulley the procharger ls6 kit (6psi) ships with? I suppose I could give then a call but if anyone knows offhand?
Old 06-07-2011, 07:11 PM
QuickZ06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reactor2
Does anybody know what size pulley the procharger ls6 kit (6psi) ships with? I suppose I could give then a call but if anyone knows offhand?
It ships with a 4.25
Old 06-07-2011, 09:03 PM
reactor2
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by QuickZ06
It ships with a 4.25
Thanks!
Old 06-11-2011, 12:45 PM
BruteSpeed
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much boost the blower can produce depends on many variables.
* Cubic inch. The larger the engine the less boost it will make with a supercharger.
* Headers and exhaust. A better flowing system will produce less boost, requires a smaller pulley to regain the loss in boost. Ultimately though, more power will be gained.
* Camshaft and heads. A camshaft with some overlap will leak out some boost through the valves. Better flowing heads react a lot like a better flowing exhaust system.
* Altitude. Elevation plays a big part in how much boost is produced. Those people living in the higher elevations have to spin the blower harder to see boost.
* Condition of engine. An engine with real good sealing rings will ultimately produce more boost than one with worn rings.
* Rpm. An engine that is spun up higher in the rpm range will normally produce more boost.

The pulley size that comes with the blower can vary, one that is spec'd out for exhaust manifolds and stock exhaust will come with a larger pulley than one that is spec'd out for headers, no cats and free flowing exhaust system. Same goes for if the ProCharger is being sent to Denver, Co at 5,000 feet or to some place at Sea level. Bob

Get notified of new replies

To Procharger pulley size

Quick Reply: Procharger pulley size