C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anything similar to Edelbrock's E-Force Supercharger for C5?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Chevy-SS
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Anything similar to Edelbrock's E-Force Supercharger for C5?

Is there anything similar to Edelbrock's E-Force Supercharger for C5?

This kit looks great for a few reasons:
1) uses stock hood
2) straightforward install

But as we all know, Edelbrock is only making these for the C6's...... dang
Old 06-23-2011, 04:39 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Location: Oxnard SoCal www.aacorvette.com www.superchargersuperstore.com
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No roots or twin screw will fit under the stock hood. A centrifugal, on the other hand will!

Old 06-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Chevy-SS
Drifting

Thanks Steve

How difficult is it to install one of your units? I have a garage and plenty of tools, but I have no lift. Is your centrifugal unit something that a lot of guys are installing/tuning themselves?

Thanks, Dave

Last edited by Chevy-SS; 06-23-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:18 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Location: Oxnard SoCal www.aacorvette.com www.superchargersuperstore.com
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy-SS
Thanks Steve

How difficult is it to install one of your units? I have a garage and plenty of tools, but I have no lift. Is your centrifugal unit something that a lot of guys are installing/tuning themselves?

Thanks, Dave
Having a lift and air tools definetely help, but plenty of people have done the install in their garage on jackstands with hand tools! It's not the easiest way to go, but it can be done. Take a look at our instruction manual:

http://www.aacorvette.com/pdf/aa_c5_instructions.pdf

As far as the tune goes, we can provide you with a starter tune. But that will only take you so far, you will want to have it tuned by a professional with a dyno.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:07 PM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

Speaking for myself it took 10-12 hours to install Steve's kit. The kit is designed so well you really don't need instructions (pending your mechanical knowledge).
Old 07-01-2011, 11:10 AM
stevenm357
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want one of the A&A kits so bad. but i also want the positive displacement feel desperately too. I have a couple of turbo cars.

such decisions. Dragon Race makes a whipple that fits under the stock hood, but it's not the greatest design i've seen to say the least.

Eddlebrock has been working on one but latest news from early this month is it also will not end up fitting under the hood.

Steve @ A&A you should develope an awesome kit, like dragon race. but engineered better LoL.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Steve@RSD
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

The Magnuson TVS 2300 is the best seat of the pants feel you can purchase! There are several really cool hoods for the C5 and the C6.
Bite the Bullit and embrace the idea of race inspired hood and supercharger and pm me for the best price on a TVS 2300 kit.

Steve
Old 07-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Chevy-SS
Drifting

Originally Posted by Steve@RSD
The Magnuson TVS 2300 is the best seat of the pants feel you can purchase! There are several really cool hoods for the C5 and the C6.
Bite the Bullit and embrace the idea of race inspired hood and supercharger and pm me for the best price on a TVS 2300 kit.

Steve

Sorry, but I can't get excited about putting on a new hood. There's fitment issues, and then there's matching-the-paint issues. Plus, I like the current hood just fine.

Over the years, I've spent many thousands of dollars on projects like this for various muscle cars and hot rods. There is ALWAYS more to every task than it appears at first glance. There are problems almost every single time, with virtually every modification.

The whole supercharging thing looks like too much of an ***-ache for me, at this time. Maybe if I ever get a shop, or put a lift in my garage I might change my mind.

Thanks for the help gents!

-
Old 07-04-2011, 01:37 PM
StonaPipeZ2004Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Centrifugal Blower > PD Blower
Old 07-04-2011, 01:39 PM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by StonaPipeZ2004Z06
Centrifugal Blower > PD Blower
Yes, at making power and breaking belts. I've had both - every kit has pros/cons.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:42 PM
StonaPipeZ2004Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mdaniel
Yes, at making power and breaking belts. I've had both - every kit has pros/cons.
PD cars have the same belt problems. There are ways to avoid belt problems on Centri's especially with the A&A and ECS kits.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:48 PM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

PD cars have the same belt problems.
Not from my experience they don't. They have heat issues, but not belt problems.

There are ways to avoid belt problems on Centri's
I've heard that for the last seven years, and during that time each company has revised their product offering numerous times, gone to 8 ribs, then 10, and I'd imagine 12 by now. And flip-drive systems and the rest.

I recognize that some people with centris never have belt issues, but enough do (at some point) to make it a valid observation as a con in comparison to a PD.

The con of the PD is limited power growth and heat. The con of the turbos is heat and cost. Pros and cons to everything - there is no reason people shouldn't be open to discussion of both the pros and cons without pretending that there aren't inherent issues with every setup.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:54 PM
StonaPipeZ2004Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mdaniel
Not from my experience they don't.
Regardless of your experience, PD blowers are just as notorious for belt problems as Centri's. There are just a greater amount of Centri C5's than PD C5's because they make more power, go faster and exterior modifications aren't necessary to make them fit.

But like you said, there are pro's and con's to everything.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Steve@RSD
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Regardless of your experience, PD blowers are just as notorious for belt problems as Centri's. There are just a greater amount of Centri C5's than PD C5's because they make more power, go faster and exterior modifications aren't necessary to make them fit.

But like you said, there are pro's and con's to everything.
Centris make more power, and that's cool......on the dyno.
How many top fuel or funny cars do you see with centri's?

And really heat problems? try to cool down the hot air in an intercooler with ambient air.....at least the PD blowers come with a Water to air intercooler, you can get water much cooler than air with a lot less work.

Centri's rule on the Dyno, all blowers have to deal with belt slip, I don't want to have to wait for 4500 rpm to get some HP and torque, some will though......
Old 07-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,084 Posts

How many top fuel or funny cars do you see with centri's?
Have you read the rules for these classes? Do you think the rules might have anything to do with the choice of forced induction?
And really heat problems? try to cool down the hot air in an intercooler with ambient air.....at least the PD blowers come with a Water to air intercooler, you can get water much cooler than air with a lot less work.
With top-mount PD blowers, the water to air intercooler is chosen for packaging reasons, not for better efficiency. During normal street use, the water is cooled by ambient air anyway. You've just added one more step before the heat reaches the air, and more complexity.
Anyway, top fuel and funny cars don't use intercoolers, do they? Using your argument, perhaps we shouldn't either?
Old 07-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Steve@RSD
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
Have you read the rules for these classes? Do you think the rules might have anything to do with the choice of forced induction?

With top-mount PD blowers, the water to air intercooler is chosen for packaging reasons, not for better efficiency. During normal street use, the water is cooled by ambient air anyway. You've just added one more step before the heat reaches the air, and more complexity.
Anyway, top fuel and funny cars don't use intercoolers, do they? Using your argument, perhaps we shouldn't either?
Yes I have an NHRA rulebook and I can guarantee you the do not outlaw centri superchargers.

There is no argument about the Centris being the HP kings, but pound for pound of boost, which one gets you to your top torque first?

Waiting for the HP/Torque is a losing proposition. During normal street use neither intercooler is going to get very warm, that takes boost. But in a racing application I can more easily keep IAT's cooler with the water to air intercooler than an Air to Air.

Just sayin....

Steve
Old 07-07-2011, 07:49 PM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Yes I have an NHRA rulebook and I can guarantee you the do not outlaw centri superchargers
Yep. A 7 second one blew a belt at the starting line last week (losing a chance to win $5K as he was in the final round). I was tempted to tell him to get rid of that oversized belt the width of my kitchen table and instead get a 6 or 8 rib as everyone on CF swears by them.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:05 PM
AVB
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I can't remember off the top if the LS2 heads are similar to LS1's in how the manifold sit, If it is it would allow use of the unit for LS2 C6's.

When installing an edelbrock in a buddy's C6 I took the opportunity to let it sit in my (2000 C5) engine bay. The unit would fit if you spacer down the front cross-member another 1/2" or so compared to what is already done on a C6. I already have an aftermarket hood with a little bit more clearance, but I think it'll work with the stocker.

Btw, for those that may be wondering... personally, I don't think dropping the motor hurts much of anything, after a front-end realignment that is.

Last edited by AVB; 07-08-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Anything similar to Edelbrock's E-Force Supercharger for C5?

Quick Reply: Anything similar to Edelbrock's E-Force Supercharger for C5?