C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever modify there D1SC/P1SC/ with aftermarket impellers for more hp?

Old 10-09-2016, 03:27 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Just look at it, it's obvious how it comes apart.

And you've highlighted the allen key that secures the impeller on....just undo it to allow you to press the shaft out via the back ( after removing other gear and circlip for teh bearing in the gearcase )
Old 10-10-2016, 01:16 AM
MrBigDee
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Just look at it, it's obvious how it comes apart.

And you've highlighted the allen key that secures the impeller on....just undo it to allow you to press the shaft out via the back ( after removing other gear and circlip for teh bearing in the gearcase )
Thank you for yor reply. Now I know the demoliton order.

I´m trying to open using the allen key but it is tight and I don´t know where I can hold on the impeller shaft not turning?

Which direction the impeller nut open? counter clock wise or counter wise?
Old 10-10-2016, 12:42 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Stick a coin or some soft metal inbetween the gears to help lock them for undoing the nut.

Often the nut will loosen in the same direction of impeller travel. I havent specifically took apart your blower, so really it's just a case of trying each way.

I doubt it is threadlocked, but a little heat before hand would do no harm just in case ( not blow torch heat...maybe good warming with a heat gun.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone ever modify there D1SC/P1SC/ with aftermarket impellers for more hp?