C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Racing 2" Headers-HAVE NO FEAR!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 09:57 AM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Arun@CCP
Robert-that was my fear installing these, I didn't have to remove anything. These headers are beautiful.

Another thing to like is new placement for the 02's, there easy to get at if you have to replace them, and they come with an extra bung for the wideband for tuning that is easily accessable.

Nick, Mike, Anthony and the whole gang over there are awesome!

Great. I agree those guys make an excellent product.

I had no issues either Arun with fitment of my 2" American Racing Headers

I also have a set for sale that for a c5 that is in great condition and thermal coated if anyone is interested.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:42 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Arun, what kinda pricing can you get on these headers and an x pipe?
Old 08-15-2012, 07:51 PM
0Arun@CCP
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Arun, what kinda pricing can you get on these headers and an x pipe?
Off road X-pipe?
Old 08-15-2012, 08:33 PM
69ls6
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default .

Originally Posted by robz
Great. I agree those guys make an excellent product.

I had no issues either Arun with fitment of my 2" American Racing Headers

I also have a set for sale that for a c5 that is in great condition and thermal coated if anyone is interested.
price them to me and mid pipe if you have one.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:28 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 69ls6
I'll see what I have and get back to you by friday. Please pm me friday.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:10 AM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts

I am curious to what is different in your headers than mine. I remember posting pictures in your thread when you asked for help or to see them installed. I have an LS2 block/Trick flow heads and a quicktime scatter shield. I had to notch each side of the scatter shield and lower my front cradle to make them fit. And the drivers side knock sensor had to be moved or it would have melted the plug. I could have shoved them in there but I didnt want to destory the coating I did. I am wondering if american racing revised something because my 02's are in the exact place you are talking about and really easy to change out if needed. Now on a C6 they slid right in lol Thats what I thought when I got them for my C5Z. Just asking dont take it the wrong way.

JMG

Last edited by JMBLOWNWS6; 08-16-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:09 AM
mobius
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

any dyno graphs comparing them to 17/8 on a high power car?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:06 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
I am curious to what is different in your headers than mine. I remember posting pictures in your thread when you asked for help or to see them installed. I have an LS2 block/Trick flow heads and a quicktime scatter shield. I had to notch each side of the scatter shield and lower my front cradle to make them fit. And the drivers side knock sensor had to be moved or it would have melted the plug. I could have shoved them in there but I didnt want to destory the coating I did. I am wondering if american racing revised something because my 02's are in the exact place you are talking about and really easy to change out if needed. Now on a C6 they slid right in lol Thats what I thought when I got them for my C5Z. Just asking dont take it the wrong way.

JMG
With the KOOKS I was told these where the new one,s. I didnt have to do nothing to my Quiktime scatter, But did have to grind a small side piece down on the pass/side frame, Then had to pull the V/COVERS and P/S booster all the way out.also unhook motor and was thinking was going to cranked the back of the intake, lifting each side of the motor the the other side. Plus had to cut and put a splic into my A/C line the header hit it big time.Robert
Old 08-16-2012, 06:32 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Arun@CCP
Off road X-pipe?
Yes sir. Only way to go for me. Thanks to one of your cam specs. :-)
Old 08-17-2012, 09:04 AM
robz
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mobius
any dyno graphs comparing them to 17/8 on a high power car?
We've seen hp gains on heads/cam c5's n/a with 1 7/8 vs. 1 3/4. (IMO, Mainly for people who want every last pony.)

Even moreso on a S/C c5 after he made the switch and his 1/4 times improved as well.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:01 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 69ls6
See link, you are 1st in line.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-p...g-headers.html
Old 08-23-2012, 04:05 PM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Do the 2" kooks go in easy with the heads off? Or is there still going to be some banging and some chopping?

Edit. I did some looking and see that the A/C line and the bell-housing is the problem.

Last edited by SBCGENII; 08-23-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:50 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by SBCGENII
Do the 2" kooks go in easy with the heads off? Or is there still going to be some banging and some chopping?

Edit. I did some looking and see that the A/C line and the bell-housing is the problem.
Should be a piece of cake with the heads off the car. I didnt have no problems with the bell housing I even have the QTIME stell one on the car. But you will have to cut and redo the A/C line are it will burn a hole thur it within 2 days at most.I also had no problems with the o2. Robert
Old 08-23-2012, 04:51 PM
jmuck
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SBCGENII

If the heads were off the car, the Kooks would go in pretty dang easy. The only problem I had was it hitting the pass. frame piece. That was easy enough to fix with a pry bar and angle grinder.

As for the a/c line, its a stupid tight fit and damn near impossible to get the a/c line on once the header is on and tightened up. I did burn through one a/c line also. But the 2nd one I put on I wrapped a layer of DEI heat wrap around it and so far no problems.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:22 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

any real dyno results before and after 2'' headers only?
Old 08-24-2012, 10:19 AM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

We have done many 2" AR's on c5/6's always fit great
Old 08-24-2012, 05:23 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by jmuck
If the heads were off the car, the Kooks would go in pretty dang easy. The only problem I had was it hitting the pass. frame piece. That was easy enough to fix with a pry bar and angle grinder.

As for the a/c line, its a stupid tight fit and damn near impossible to get the a/c line on once the header is on and tightened up. I did burn through one a/c line also. But the 2nd one I put on I wrapped a layer of DEI heat wrap around it and so far no problems.
It will give it a good week of driving the car not to far ever day... Just ask how I know.... Robert

Get notified of new replies

To American Racing 2" Headers-HAVE NO FEAR!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2012, 05:26 PM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks for the info Robert and Jmuck. I will make sure i have some thing to protect the AC line when I install these.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:11 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by jmuck

I did the dei heat wrap 3000 from summit..left stock heat sleeve under it wrapped that with 3m electric tape then the dei 3000 1" around fit it perfect put the ac line back in and my arh 2" back in..no bending of lines..headers are coated and sit right on top of the ac line see if it survives this time..I think it will work
Old 04-17-2015, 12:02 AM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by blown81bu
I did the dei heat wrap 3000 from summit..left stock heat sleeve under it wrapped that with 3m electric tape then the dei 3000 1" around fit it perfect put the ac line back in and my arh 2" back in..no bending of lines..headers are coated and sit right on top of the ac line see if it survives this time..I think it will work
You just responded to a post from 2.5 years ago.

Quick Reply: American Racing 2" Headers-HAVE NO FEAR!!!!!!