C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Vortech oil supply

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Firestillon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A&A Vortech oil supply

Have my 2000 C5 back finely from the shop with the A&A supercharger and 2004 Z driveline with 4:10’s new center force clutch. I love it!!! But noted that there seems to be two choices of oiling the supercharger. Of course the shop went the less work way (not real happy with these guys had the car since March) which I guess is closed and not on the engine oil. Anybody have any opinions of which is best? And if it is worth changing.
Thanks
Old 08-25-2012, 12:59 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Firestillon
Have my 2000 C5 back finely from the shop with the A&A supercharger and 2004 Z driveline with 4:10’s new center force clutch. I love it!!! But noted that there seems to be two choices of oiling the supercharger. Of course the shop went the less work way (not real happy with these guys had the car since March) which I guess is closed and not on the engine oil. Anybody have any opinions of which is best? And if it is worth changing.
Thanks

I'm not sure what your asking or getting at but vortech has the self lubricated V3 head units. I believe the T trim is the biggest V3 Aka Self Contained unit vortech makes for the vette and current bracketry (A&A or ECS brackets)

There's also engine oil fed blowers.

The A&A instructions (which can be found online) tell you exactly where to get the oil feed from on the engine block. They also recommend drilling the oil pan above the oil level for the return line.

When you get into making more then 700 WHP the oil fed blower is the better option. The YSi and bigger blower the only option is oil fed.

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 08-25-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Firestillon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks
I looked up the install instructions at A&A also and thats where I thought it was saying to use the engine oil system. Not sure what trim I have. But I just wanted to be sure now that it is back from the shop.
So it is based on he modle you buy then.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:16 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Firestillon
Thanks
I looked up the install instructions at A&A also and thats where I thought it was saying to use the engine oil system. Not sure what trim I have. But I just wanted to be sure now that it is back from the shop.
So it is based on he modle you buy then.
Post up a clear photo of the metal tag on the blower and we can tell you.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Vortech oil supply

Quick Reply: A&A Vortech oil supply