C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone use thread sealant on their nitrous connections?

Old 05-31-2002, 11:55 AM
RDRH8R
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does anyone use thread sealant on their nitrous connections?

I was reading some NX literature and they said to use their thread sealant on all pipe thread connections. But to not use it on flare connections, hose, or bottle connections. Does anyone use it? Can you substitue any thread sealant from the local hardware store? Plan on finishing my nitrous install tonight and was curious if I needed to stop by the hardware store before I get home. :confused:
Old 05-31-2002, 03:38 PM
C5Cemo
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Does anyone use thread sealant on their nitrous connections? (Readsvette)

I used teflon paste for the regular pipe fittings as described...works great.
Old 06-04-2002, 12:53 PM
RDRH8R
Instructor

Default Re: Does anyone use thread sealant on their nitrous connections? (C5Cemo)

I have tried that twice. I think I might have gotten a bad tube of teflon paste. It does not seem to dry. How long doed it take to dry. I know it won't get crusty dry, but it should not be runny :nono:
Old 06-04-2002, 01:32 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Does anyone use thread sealant on their nitrous connections? (Readsvette)

I use tape even though they advise against it. You just have to make CERTAIN not to get any IN the fitting/line...

Also - sealant is unnecessary AT the bottle connection.

:seeya
Old 06-04-2002, 08:23 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Yep - use the goo in the tube that comes with the NX Kits.. :cheers:
Old 06-05-2002, 02:56 AM
rwj383
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Does anyone use thread sealant on their nitrous connections? (bparker)

I have had bad luck with both paste and tape. Believe it or not, i use JB Weld Quik!!! Really!! It seals tighter than a conflat (UHV jargon) and does break apart easy. I tested this theory before doing all my connections. Now, i can go out to my car after line pressure from bottle to noid has sit static for >24hrs and still have >800psi!!!! No leaks baby!!! I gaurantee if you take soapy water (Snoop) and run it over your connections, you will find leaks.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:06 PM
RDRH8R
Instructor

Default Re: Does anyone use thread sealant on their nitrous connections? (rwj383)

Do you use it (JB WELD QUIK) on all connections or just the pipe thread ones?
Old 06-06-2002, 07:21 PM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

There is no need to use any sealant with the 4AN/6AN connection. You only need the sealant for NPT (pipe) connections.

:cheers:
-Tuan
Old 06-07-2002, 04:15 AM
C5Cemo
Melting Slicks

I have tried that twice. I think I might have gotten a bad tube of teflon paste. It does not seem to dry. How long doed it take to dry. I know it won't get crusty dry, but it should not be runny :nono:
I have noticed the paste seperate before...part teflon, part lubricant. It will still work if it is remixed. I am using Datey - Great White Pipe Joint Compound that I got at Home Depot. I always remove any excess from the fittings so I don't know for sure how long but it will dry all the way up. I crank down the fittings real good and have no leaks...not even right after assembly.

The JB Weld idea is interesting. No doubt it will seal things up :D and solenoids aren't that expensive anyway.
Old 06-07-2002, 04:30 AM
jetskifast
Melting Slicks

For your NPT connections, use Teflon paste. If Teflon paste, does not seal your NPT connections. You have problems with your pipe threads:(

Get notified of new replies

To Does anyone use thread sealant on their nitrous connections?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does anyone use thread sealant on their nitrous connections?