C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slow Rides twin turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 03:56 PM
slow ride
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Put a few more mile on this thing, but needed to tweak the inlet pipes and boost pipes for more clearance. The leaf spring smacked the drivers pipe and bent the rear bracket so I ended up cutting it in a few spots and making more room. Such a pain, but it is much better like the passengers side now. I also had to dent in the inlets by the tires a little for more turning clearance like the TTIX kits do. If I had run the pipes in a higher arch it would clear the tire more, but also make it more of a pain to get to the filter. It should work fine though.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:41 AM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Winner

Wow! Just awesome! Hope you get many s-miles in before the cold weather!
Old 10-01-2014, 01:01 PM
jimbos'ss
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Do you have any updated pics of your inlets? also what diameter tubing? I'm assuming 3". I'm fighting this right now on my build, the only part giving me issues.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:53 PM
slow ride
Drifting

Still the same pipes as the pictures on the last page (3"), just dented/pressed them down to an oval where the tires would rub. I think the higher you arch the pipes the less contact with the tire, but harder to make the turn back to the filters. I don't run the car super slammed to the ground either, but my wide tires (285/35/18 on a 10.5 CCW classic) almost make it impossible to not rub a little close to lock. I just let it rub as the piping is strong and it doesn't seem to be hurting the tires any at the low speeds you would be turning that much.

Not much progress on the tuning of the car. Still running spring pressure, but as the temps drop so does traction and the Toyo's just aren't cutting it. I hope to dyno it soon, but that depends on weather since I have to travel. I've probably go 500 miles on it, but most are easy so I need to get the tuning cleaned up and do some longer pulls.

Last edited by slow ride; 10-01-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:14 PM
jimbos'ss
Burning Brakes

I appreciate the info.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:52 AM
slow ride
Drifting

I forgot to say that I tapped/beat on the corner of the shock mounts to get a little more space for the inlet pipe and get it away from the steering tie rod more. It's going to be a little trial and error for someone building this and you need to run the thing and see what it rubs and take care of it.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Ksths2
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great Ed! Can't wait to see it in person again
Old 10-02-2014, 12:56 PM
jimbos'ss
Burning Brakes

Yeah I was fighting with that corner trying to clear the steering rack boot for a while. I hate clearancing my car, but it is what it is.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:27 AM
slow ride
Drifting

Results posted here

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...o-numbers.html

I had lots of questions about how the boost control would be and I have to say it's as good as it gets using my temporary manual ball/spring valve. I was able to run from 9-19 psi on the dyno without issue on the same gate spring. 9 psi is the lowest due to gate spring selection so I can't say just how low it will go. It does appear that this location is working great though. I plan to hook up my electronic controller in the future which should allow better control without the minor boost drop off it had up top at higher boost settings and 2 stages of control.

The cheap-o 255/400 hobbs walbro fuel pump setup is working better than I expected. I feel running dual feed line out of the tank really allows each pump to perform to it's max flow. Don't forget to supply the pumps with battery voltage and good cable. I made up all my own wiring which I simply tapped into my larger stereo wiring already in the back of the car.

Next up is getting some better tire under it. The old Toyo TQ isn't quite cutting it at 13-14 psi as it just blows the tires off in 3rd if it's not hot out. The car drives great and is super easy to live with in traffic. I've got some et streets for the track later this year, but need to figure out a street tire for the rear yet. Not so sure I want to go 16-17 in back just yet.

Anyway thanks again for following along even though things took longer than expected. I had lots of different thing interfere with this project, but little by little it got done.

Quick Reply: Slow Rides twin turbo