C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

School me on superchargers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 01:13 PM
willig72
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree you should go with a complete kit. Either kit A&A or ECS would be good kits. One has to remember. "If one is so much better then the other? Then the other wouldn't be around." Anyone that has been reading this forum for very long will remember some of the others that are not around much, if any more
Old 01-08-2013, 01:29 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by whitesmokels1
So if i got a bracket for a C5 i could put any head unit on it as long as the rotation was correct?
What I'm thinking is, if I get this V1 and bought a bracket, I could upgrade later down the road if i wanted?
If you get kit designed to fit a Vortech head unit, then yes. You would save some money that way.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:47 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by willig5
I agree you should go with a complete kit. Either kit A&A or ECS would be good kits. One has to remember. "If one is so much better then the other? Then the other wouldn't be around." Anyone that has been reading this forum for very long will remember some of the others that are not around much, if any more

Agreed cant go wrong with either kit. To the OP Like I said it ends up being personal preference for the most part. Here's some food for thought. If your looking to save on a used kit, Andy (owner of A&A) is always selling what he calls Newsed kits. (It seems the average price on the newsed kits is right around 4,000 bucks) These will be kits with very low mileage heads units or rebuilt head units and all the other parts will be brand new and 100 percent complete.

As for ECS, I did notice a couple forum vendors who sell the ECS kit for a decent price.

Again do your homework. Ask questions Ect. No matter which one you choose you won't be wrong!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

You would need to use parts from both kits to have the best of both worlds.

My advice to you is just go for the 1000 HP build straight out of the gate and you will save yourself a lot in the long run.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Milan

My advice to you is just go for the 1000 HP build straight out of the gate and you will save yourself a lot in the long run.
Have to agree, well said!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:29 PM
longrodlx
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Trying to piece together a kit will end up being the same price if not more expensive than buying a complete kit used. Even if you get the s trim head unit for free. Just pick up a nice used kit and sell the head unit you get for free
Old 01-09-2013, 02:04 PM
whitesmokels1
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

Good advice guys. Thanks for the input. I think I will just hold off and get a complete kit when I'm ready.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:22 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Milan

Thats why our 1000hp/8 second builds have the same brackets and basic configuration as our 550rwhp cars.

I am curious on your opinion of your first sentence, if you like I would be happy to go part for part on an amicable discussion as to why I do not personally agree with that statement.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:56 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Doug nothing but love brother but So do Andy's kits. With that said, we all know that an 8 rib config on either kit is capable of 1,000 WHP and an 8 second pass. I know Arun's car had/has a 10 rib but we both know Arun's car would still be in the 8s with an 8 rib too.

Not trying to start a war cuz you know I like and respect you, your company and the ECS blower kit. I just don't want to mislead it at least I want to try and not mislead. Again to the OP it all comes down to personal preference.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:04 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Doug nothing but love brother but So do Andy's kits. With that said, we all know that an 8 rib config on either kit is capable of 1,000 WHP and an 8 second pass. I know Arun's car had/has a 10 rib but we both know Arun's car would still be in the 8s with an 8 rib too.

Not trying to start a war cuz you know I like and respect you, your company and the ECS blower kit. I just don't want to mislead it at least I want to try and not mislead. Again to the OP it all comes down to personal preference.

All good! Thats why I specifically stated "amicably discuss", I dont want to make time to argue with anyone, but I'm perfectly willing to educate or give my opinion in the matter.

Arun's car is awesome, no denying that, but he has made several changes to his kit to make it perform the way it did. You do not have to do that with an ECS kit, it's ready to go right out of the gate. Thats not "personal preference", thats a fact.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:12 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Diff head units will give you diff rwhp and tq #, and will come in and out at diff RPM ranges. So look at what you want your car to do with the diff head unit. You will be happy with both vendors here... Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 01-09-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:16 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by longrodlx
That powerdyne post has to be a joke lol. Powerdynes are garbage for high HP cars. They are descent for about 6psi on a mustang or ford truck. But I would never buy one. I just bought a D1sc A&A kit. Gonna be installing it in the next week or so

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
OP wanted Schooled, not Fooled
Being a trouble maker again I see.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:39 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 959 Likes on 571 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Forget both of those and get a Magnuson. They are the best superchargers made! Instant power down low. I had 2 twin turbo Corvette's and I love my supercharged Corvette. Explore all of your options and you will find the Magnusons to be the best. Good luck.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:01 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by meadowz06
Forget both of those and get a Magnuson. They are the best superchargers made! Instant power down low. I had 2 twin turbo Corvette's and I love my supercharged Corvette. Explore all of your options and you will find the Magnusons to be the best. Good luck.
Only bummer is the hood. I've seen too many Vettes that have mismatched paint and poor gaps. They look cool though.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:18 PM
longrodlx
Melting Slicks

Yes if you are happy with 500rwhp than the maggie is the way to go. But most people want room to grow which you don't get with a maggie. If I was buying a kit new I would def go with the ECS Paxton novi 2000 kit. But I got a killer deal on a A&A kit with a D1sc pro charger kit which is exactly what I was looking for. Both A&A and ECS make the best kits available for corvettes. You really can't go wrong with either
Old 01-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Positive displacement blowers: All the power where you don't need it and none of the power where you do
Old 01-09-2013, 10:08 PM
longrodlx
Melting Slicks

Exactly
Old 01-09-2013, 10:52 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
All good! Thats why I specifically stated "amicably discuss", I dont want to make time to argue with anyone, but I'm perfectly willing to educate or give my opinion in the matter.

Arun's car is awesome, no denying that, but he has made several changes to his kit to make it perform the way it did. You do not have to do that with an ECS kit, it's ready to go right out of the gate. Thats not "personal preference", thats a fact.
Talk to me brother. you can pm if you wish.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:27 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Talk to me brother. you can pm if you wish.
tell us the little tricks of the trade here...Robert

Quick Reply: School me on superchargers.