C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATI & fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 10:42 AM
Mad_Dog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Default ATI & fuel pump

I have seen some threads here that speak of using a booster pump or in-line pump to maintain proper fuel pressure. Could anyone using such a system please provide details including what pump they used. Thanks in advance.:D:D
Old 06-14-2002, 01:20 PM
MelloYellow
Le Mans Master

Default Re: ATI & fuel pump (Mad_Dog)

The Racetronix setup. Right now the kit needs a little expertise and they prefer a Chevy C5 mech do the install. But it is available. Ordering mine shortly.
Old 06-14-2002, 02:29 PM
Mad_Dog
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Default Re: ATI & fuel pump (MelloYellow)

MelloYellow, thanks for the info. I will be contacting them.:D:D

[Modified by Mad_Dog, 12:30 PM 6/14/2002]
Old 06-14-2002, 10:15 PM
MelloYellow
Le Mans Master

Good luck! I am about to give up. Their distribution is kinda weird. Feels like I'm buying Amway products or Amsoil.

I think they should sell to the public or any distributor. I've been trying to purchase one for about a month and am about to give up.
Old 06-15-2002, 10:51 PM
ZZ
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Went with AeroMotive A-1000, I think part #111-01-BF; although info I read states it will support up to 700hp boosted and 1000 NA, my tuner told me its really able to handle 950 boosted and 1200 NA.
http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/products/1000hp_pump.shtml
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...45&prmenbr=361

How much does the Walbro flow and hp support? I was just wondering, I do not know much about the Walbro. I've seen it'll go up to 500rwhp on one of the vendors sites.

Either way, a fuel system upgrade is an extremely important issue to consider.

ZZ
Old 06-15-2002, 11:02 PM
ZZ
Drifting

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: ATI & fuel pump (ZZ)

It looks like the Racetronix System uses a Walbro high-pressure 255 L/hr, would this be about 560 lbs/hr? Should be very good for high hp applications and FI.
http://www.racetronix.com/rx-f1ls1-gss340m-fpk-a.html

ZZ
Old 06-16-2002, 03:53 AM
MelloYellow
Le Mans Master

I'm no longer interested in the Racetronix due to their distribution or lack thereof.

I'm switching to an in-line solution like the Aeromotive 1000.
How noisy is your Aux Aermotive 1000?
Do you run it all the time or only under boost?
What boost level turns it on?
Any dip in fuel pressure?

I hear the Walbro 340 in-line/aux is quieter than the Aeromotive.
Old 06-16-2002, 11:47 AM
ZZ
Drifting

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: ATI & fuel pump (MelloYellow)

Mello, there is some mild noise before I start my car and after I shut it off as the unit turns on and off. Just a bit of a whine/buzz, actually sounds pretty cool to me. Now when running, I hear nothing, likely because I run headers/Borla-XR1. To my understanding, mine's on all the time.

My fuel pressure stays steady at 59-62 even at boost. Kenny at GWP who is doing my car told me his fuel system increases the fuel volume and not nessessarily the fuel pressure at boost to deliver the needed fuel, so mine should stay pretty steady, he told me 57 to 64, but I see it even tighter 59-62.

We went with Holley 50# injectors. I don't know the exact duty cycle specs. I would guess that since its FI, it would be at the lower end of the duty cycle to give some leway. Not sure if you were going with ATI injectors, but we ran into a situation where they tried ATI 50#, but did not flow as expected. Come to find out, that 50# rating was at a higher boost pressure (maybe 60psi), than most manufacturers rate their injectors, which is I think 45psi. Don't quote me on those exact numbers, but I beleive they are correct.

I'm not sure what hp you are looking for, but as far as injectors needed for that hp goal, an estimate of what hp the injector is capable of supporting is pounds/hr x 2.04 per injector. So 50# should support 800hp. Of course A/F ratio also plays an important role in this.

FYI, I'm no mechanic or tech, this is just what I've heard or read. Best to check with your tuner/builder/professional.

ZZ
Old 06-16-2002, 12:01 PM
ZZ
Drifting

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Here's a link to a calculator for a fuel injector worksheet.
http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm

ZZ
Old 06-16-2002, 01:53 PM
Racetronix
Supporting Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

We are working hard to expand our distribution. There are only so many dealers that would qualify as having enough experience working with C5's to be able to properly support the product. Racetronix does sell certain products direct but seeing as we are set up as a design and manufacturing facility we do not have the manpower to support the end user on all products, especially when they are technically involved. This is why it is important to buy the product through an experienced retail outlet.

If there is a dealer in your area that is able to properly support the product then perhaps they should be put in contact with Racetronix to see if they would qualify as a retailer. Proper product representation is critical to its ease of use and success so we can not have just anybody selling our products.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix http://www.racetronix.com
Old 06-16-2002, 04:18 PM
MelloYellow
Le Mans Master

Default Re: ATI & fuel pump (Racetronix)

I think you have a good product. It's be nice to see more distribution options.

Are you interested in Norris Motorsports or Xtreme Motorsports or LAPD? Xtreme and LAPD have the best customer service I've ever dealt with. Norris has the most expertise.

I think a disclaimer/release that the pump must be installed be a Chevrolet C5 mechanic is an ok idea.
Old 06-17-2002, 08:50 AM
davidmax
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speak with Nate we have a HI output primary pump and a auxillary booster pump that supplies more than sufficient fuel for our blown C5R's,and they are resonably priced and super efficient.If your near us we would be happy to install and Dyno Tune your setup for maximum efficiency.
Just buzz us for an appt. or call for the part we have had tremendous results and its the same set up as my LPE C5R TT that runs around 9 Lbs.as a dailey driver on hi-boost 15 Lbs. works flawless on my 46 Lb. injectors,and never failed running 22 Lbs. of boost on several occasions
and if properly tuned you wont BOG down either.Good Luck and if we can be of help let us know.Thanks Dave
Old 06-20-2002, 01:51 PM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: ATI & fuel pump (davidmax)

To xtreme: since you are a pro install of blowers, can you tell me if there is a widespread problem with the ati 7 lb blowers loosing power or getting a subpar program? Is it just that the unsatisfied customers squawk the loudest or is this something every ati SC buyer should think about? I have a 1999 A4 with exhaust and ram air only, Breathless in Fl says no problems with their installs, and mine is scheduled in July (Will key the crank and add headers). Please help!!!
Old 06-21-2002, 10:30 AM
Mad_Dog
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Everyone -- thanks for your input. :D:D

Get notified of new replies

To ATI & fuel pump

Quick Reply: ATI & fuel pump