C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else waiting for a motor from HKE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Its Bruce
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
h2?
Has to be. I've been meaning to call Beau.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:28 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Friend of mine is having his LS3 stroked/built there soon. Recommended by DP.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:31 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Its Bruce
Has to be. I've been meaning to call Beau.
Uh why Bruce? You run in to some "issues" tuning?
Old 02-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Its Bruce
Burning Brakes

Uh why Bruce? You run in to some "issues" tuning?

Not yet, anyway.

I have an F series head unit collecting dust on my work bench and I don't have the ***** to put it on the current engine.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

h2?
Yes.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:44 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

h2?
Old 02-14-2013, 07:55 PM
beavisr1
Racer

Originally Posted by inspector12
Isn't your name David Beard? Ive seen the short block over there for a while, and it was put together. I feel for your situation. Everytime I go over there I look around to see whats been turned over and what hasn't. I don't know the stories behind a lot of the motors overthere. but I wonder when I see the same motor two or three times. I'm always wondering did the person not pay the balance or what's going on etc... Sorry to hear this.
Nope, John Berres. I paid for my motor while I was in Afghanistan and was told at that time it would be 4 to 6 months. Erik also told me about all of his problems, being in the hospital and losing employees. I’ve been told that my short block was finished and that he was waiting to sell some more motors to pay for my top end. I sent him an email last week asking for the short block and he replied “Yes John I can do that and send it out asap. I may even be able to send it out whole. I will update you every day. “I’ve been told at least 6 times that my motor was almost done and would be shipped out shortly. I’m at the point of having another motor built and contacting a lawyer. I don’t like using forums in this matter but 2 years of waiting has pushed me to find out if I’m the only one out there or has this happed to multiply people. I’ve saved all the emails I’ve received from Eric over the past 2 years. If I had to do it all over again I would’ve only paid the 50% deposit.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:08 PM
beavisr1
Racer

I would love to know if my short block is finished or if he has just been blowing smoke up my butt
Old 02-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Chris Stewart
Safety Car

Received 116 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by beavisr1
I’m at the point of having another motor built and contacting a lawyer.
^This^

No more nice guy Beavis, time to be a Butthead!

Seriously you have alot of patience man, possibly more than all of us put together.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 PM
beavisr1
Racer

I just received another email from Erik and he said he has the money for the heads and get everything together so he can ship it out, hopefully for real this time.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I can give my buddy Tony Soprano a call for you! He is really great at taking care of problems....................
Old 02-14-2013, 09:47 PM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 2bridges
HOLY HELL!!
May I suggest a lawyer can draft a "motivational" letter pretty cheap.
If I were in your shoes - I would go after the money.

Billy Briggs just built me a 402, the shortblock was ready in 3 weeks, but never received it , he had heads ordered for me to top it off with,9 weeks delivery from afr
Old 02-14-2013, 09:48 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
I can give my buddy Tony Soprano a call for you! He is really great at taking care of problems....................
Funny clown is tony coming with you in june.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:50 PM
Mopower2007
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It took 9 months to get my 402 built. I didn't enjoy the experience at all and often wondered if I made a mistake but did get my motor.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:59 PM
tony soprano
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Erik has had some personal issues over the past couple of years that have taken him away from his business on occasion. Certainly not an excuse for that kind of delay. Sorry for your situation. I sent Erik my last motor two years ago.

Erik's head machinist and assembler left him a while back (deliberately regardless of what Erik tells people) and started working as a CNC machinist for a big oil operation. He saved up and bought the machines needed to machine and build engines and started a little shop that he works on the side. He's as good as they get, honest as they come. He is **** beyond most people's comprehension and he learned it from Erik. I can get you forum members in touch with him if you want to PM me. He's not "cheap", but I would rather pay more for top notch work and not have to deal with the poor communication and wait.

PM me if I can help.
Wow, I've never seen Erik's name not mentioned when the topic of "best" LS engine builders is discussed. I hope he's able to get his business back on track. OP, I hope you get your finished engine soon.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:55 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Erik has had some personal issues over the past couple of years that have taken him away from his business on occasion. Certainly not an excuse for that kind of delay. Sorry for your situation. I sent Erik my last motor two years ago.

Erik's head machinist and assembler left him a while back (deliberately regardless of what Erik tells people) and started working as a CNC machinist for a big oil operation. He saved up and bought the machines needed to machine and build engines and started a little shop that he works on the side. He's as good as they get, honest as they come. He is **** beyond most people's comprehension and he learned it from Erik. I can get you forum members in touch with him if you want to PM me. He's not "cheap", but I would rather pay more for top notch work and not have to deal with the poor communication and wait.

PM me if I can help.
There is two sides and I know the other one pretty good and I have herd Beau's from others, but not him. And not saying anything bad about him cause I'm sure he does good work. But Beau was left in charge and didn't seem to keep up with an already established buisness. Of course there were some other variables. With that said he's NEVER been fast at getting motors out, and thats not going to change for a while for sure. I think hes trying to keep the number of motors down for trying to move his shop etc... He does have a number of motor's that have been sitting there for a while. I think most are waiting on owners to come up with the rest of the cash etc...
He's not the only one that can build a good motor, but I have used ALOT of shops in Houston, and have a hard time using anyone else. Other wise I'll just put them together myself. GL to everyone!

beavisr1

I would love to know if my short block is finished or if he has just been blowing smoke up my butt
I'll find out for you give me a few days to get by there.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:59 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

Friend of mine is having his LS3 stroked/built there soon. Recommended by DP.
He already got it. if we are talking about Rams.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else waiting for a motor from HKE?

Old 02-15-2013, 09:57 AM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11

He already got it. if we are talking about Rams.
No, this is the Camro with the busted off crank bolt.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:24 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

I know of a guy who paid in full for an engine from Erik and has not receieved all of it. It took 18 months or so just to get the short block. Still waiting on the heads and intake. He is getting the same story as the guys in this thread. The bad part is the guy paid the shop I use for the engine and they paid Erik. Now the shop is on the hook because Erik has not supplied the engine that he was supposed too. I know the shop paid in full and did not keep the money.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:59 PM
beavisr1
Racer

I'll find out for you give me a few days to get by there.
Thanks, I appreciate the help!

Quick Reply: Anyone else waiting for a motor from HKE?