C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with fuel system Upgrade

Old 02-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Stimey131
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with fuel system Upgrade

I have 04 C5 with a Procharger P1SC-1, AR 1 7/8" long tube headers, Corsa exhaust, Alky meth injection, Innovator West 10% overdrive HB, and the boost is at 9.5 lbs. When I installed the SC, LTH, new HB, I decided I wanted to go with a meth injection setup, so before I had it tuned I asked my tuner if he would install the meth injection kit as I wanted to make sure it was done right because since I had no experience with them before. He agreed to do it, then dyno tune the car for me. I just found out that the guy I had install the meth injection kit and was supposed to tune for it did not properly tune for the methanol injection. I don't know why he did that. When I went back to ask him about it, he had bought out another shop and moved or I would've asked him to retune it. He did tell me that I was on the ragged edge of not being able to supply enough fuel. Since I had no experience with the meth injection I did not realize that when he said to keep the flow dial on 1 to 1.5, that basically it wasn't pumping anything. I had read that if the methanol ever stops pumping while under high boost it could cause catastrophic engine failure, so I installed a AEM methanol flow gauge with failsafe and that's when I discovered that it wasn't pumping anything. I called Julio Don at Alky and his advise was to make sure everything is working with the system and he told me to run a few test and if it was working then find a good tuner. I forgot to mention that the tuner said my car was making 697hp or 593rwhp and he gave me the print out of the finally run.
So before I take it in to be tuned properly for the methanol I want to upgrade my fuel system. Can I use just a better fuel pump and the ECS 40a BAP. Also I would like to upgrade my fuel filter, so any suggestions on which fuel pump and fuel filter to get? Do you think I need to upgrade my fuel pressure regulator as well. I would really appreciate the help with this. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:36 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Where are you located?
Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 PM
Stimey131
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Tulsa, OK.

Get notified of new replies

To Need help with fuel system Upgrade