C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new TVS car that makes me drool

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 12:13 PM
red 99 first vette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by _zebra
for rough estimation, you can typically assume about a 12% difference between mustang & dynojet numbers. that said, 487=545, which is about right for an LS6 @ 10psi with exhaust.

your 425=476 & is a little lower than i'd expect. how oversized are we talking on your TB? 90mm, 102mm? also, what's your compression ratio? did you have a batch of bad gas? do you know IATs? if you can't get more than 12º without knocking, i'd think there might be another issue.
...but that's my limited experience talking
the throttle body I have came on the car and its a oval 76.3mmx89.0mm . the IAT was 30 deg. hotter than ambient air , about 105 degrees , comp. was @ 10.7 . ran a couple tanks of gas thru it on the dyno with octane boost and 93 pump gas . since the dyno run I pulled the heads back off and lowered the com. to 9.6 thinking that might let me add more timing ending up with more hp in the end . I haven't had it back 2 the dyno shop since I lowered the comp. but my tuner did some street tuning and it was still seeing knock so he didn't add any more timing . when I can get it back over on the dyno I will know more but sure doesn't seam 2 add up . gee I lowered the comp. 1.1 and it was still knocking . ugh. I also have a bigger than stock cam . .617 .612 lift 231 234 Dur. 115 + 4 lobe sep. . any advice would b greatly appreciated . thanks

Quick Reply: new TVS car that makes me drool