C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kenne Bell twin screw question

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 02:37 PM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by _zebra
nice C2!!
And where the hell have you been

Just kidding bud
Old 04-17-2015, 12:00 PM
M_T_0
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HOONIGAN
Sorry to bring back this thread, but in looking at a 2.6 KB for $3500 used, and my impression from what I read is that its absolute garbage. I want a roots style blower but I don't wanna spend $7k on a Maggie, will the KB suffice long enough for me for just full bolt ons and meth? It still a bad idea? And is a roots style blower bad idea for a Texas car? ��
roots style blower on texas car is not a problem (a little heat issues in stop/go traffic with A/C on on very hot days) I worked with Cory @ henderson performance in New Buransfeilds.

love the TQ and mostly problem free (this was a maggie) see sig.

good luck

the KB unit was not a bad blower but everyone thought that it had unlimmited upside and it turned out not to be true so a lot of people are upset with the ammount of time/money they wasted. I'm not awear of any real issues with units that were left as bought from KB, there was a vender on here that prommised the moon and did not deliver.

Last edited by M_T_0; 04-17-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:02 PM
M_T_0
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by M_T_0
roots style blower on texas car is not a problem (a little heat issues in stop/go traffic with A/C on on very hot days) I worked with Cory @ henderson performance in New Buransfeilds.

good luck
helps to have sig turned on
Old 04-19-2015, 10:40 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by NITRO UK
And where the hell have you been

Just kidding bud
working overseas... still there for another few months

Originally Posted by M_T_0

good luck

the KB unit was not a bad blower but everyone thought that it had unlimmited upside and it turned out not to be true so a lot of people are upset with the ammount of time/money they wasted. I'm not awear of any real issues with units that were left as bought from KB, there was a vender on here that prommised the moon and did not deliver.
yeah, i almost got sucked into that mess!
looking back, i'm so glad i didn't... but like they've said, the guys who left them KB stock on "low" boost hardly had any problems.

my i had my TVS in FL for a year & west TX for 9 months - it drove great! just make sure you've got a solid tune.

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell twin screw question