C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A D1SC install and lots of other stuff!! Pics soon

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 09:09 AM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Keep up the good work man!
Old 04-15-2015, 11:11 AM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

are you really injecting pure methanol? what kind of tank do you use?
Old 04-15-2015, 11:45 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Chicago1
yeah man it seems hard to find any PC pulleys but it should be here this week. yeah I am going to talk to a few people about e85 we have one about 10 minutes from my house
what I don't understand is why they don't make 10 rib pulleys... they make them 6,8, and then jump to 12

Originally Posted by romandian
are you really injecting pure methanol? what kind of tank do you use?
none of us do that... jk, if you're interested in a meth kit look into alky control... most of us use the washer fluid tank but you can also add a separate tank if you choose to
Old 04-15-2015, 01:13 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

^ What he said
Old 04-16-2015, 01:46 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by PEETYZ
Keep up the good work man!

Old 04-17-2015, 08:27 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

yeah man it seems hard to find any PC pulleys but it should be here this week. yeah I am going to talk to a few people about e85 we have one about 10 minutes from my house
depending on how heavy your relying on meth you could gain around 40hp by switching. that seems to be the average on switching,
Old 04-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Thanks gents!!! It's coming along a lot slower then what I want but it is what it is. I'm actually going to take Tuesday off to do some work but I had a few hours to spare over the week so I was able to change out the rear seals..

I took the rear diff completely off I didn't have to I just wanted to..i didn't know there was a bolt on the bottom so I was like a monkey ****ing a football trying to get it to separate from the tranny. yeah I'm a idiot..

I went from tapping the stud to banging it before I realized there was a bolt on the bottom so I jacked up the stud but I grinded it down so all is good..

I thought this looked cool/

old seals out new going in and wtf are those wheel looking things? They seem to serve no pupose. They are bolted to the rear diff but that's it nothing else. Why are they there?

all sealed up

New fuel system coming I jacked up the feed line so I have someone making me something. That mishap cost me a few hundred because I wanted to go -an fittings from the tank to rails.. I also got my 3.7 pulley once I get my fuel fitting I will start the drivetrain install. I want to leave it out since I have room to sit underneath and run my lines right.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:16 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

That's a harmonic damper. It's mounted with an elastomer to damp some of the primary vibration of the driveline.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:56 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Thanks Ed I had no clue.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:39 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

had a little time to work on it. I went with a 3.7" pulley my previous was 3.85 so this should net me another 1.5lbs of boost. Should break into the 700s

Mounted with belt loose.

My catch cans fittings were loose didn't realize how much oil has been spraying. My condenser and fmic is caked with oil..

Started on the pilot bearing install. Took me a few whacks and it went in. I should of heated it a little more to make it easier..

here it is installed I hope I didn't mess it up but I just hit the chamfered side but it's flush. I also prepped for the rear main seal cover. I used 220 grit and some degreaser. I'm gonna grab some copper spray to insure a nice seal..

I'm gonna try to get the flywheel and bellhousing and clutch in tomorrow. I took a day off of work so I can just focus and getting it back together.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:44 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Got some work done today so hopefully those fitting come in so I can get the drivetrain back in. It's just easier to work underneath while it's out.

I didn't have a flywheel tool so just used this..

All torqued down

Inside the bellhousing before and after

Bellhousing mounted with 2 bolts in. I cant find my swivel and damn you need small hands to even get them in there. Honestly this was the hardest part of this whole ordeal. I spent an hour trying to get 2 bolts in and after awhile I just said **** this I'm done I was getting frustrated since I couldn't find the swivel so Ill just hit harbor freight and grab a set.

I'm trying to stay organized this time been labeling things as I go..

Ill start running fuel lines and putting the headers and engine stuff back together
Old 04-22-2015, 01:28 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I love those saccity alignment tools, they make it super easy to align the covers... I'm sure the oil leaking inside the bellhousing wasn't helping your old clutch on top of the power you are making... new clutch looks real nice though... what exactly are you doing with your fuel lines and did you ever get the pressure drop issue fixed??
Old 04-22-2015, 09:46 AM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by neutron82
I love those saccity alignment tools, they make it super easy to align the covers... I'm sure the oil leaking inside the bellhousing wasn't helping your old clutch on top of the power you are making... new clutch looks real nice though... what exactly are you doing with your fuel lines and did you ever get the pressure drop issue fixed??

Trying to hit the 700+club with Neutron and I huh Shant?

My clutch install was easy this time

Last edited by PEETYZ; 04-22-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Originally Posted by neutron82
Actually I ordered that rear main over off ebay and it came with it..I'm doing -8 right off the feed line then having someone make me a orficie feeding so I can run that to the passemger side tank to keeo the transfer system going. Then having my exteral run into my -8 then have that one feed up to the rails. I never did figure out the fuel drop I know it's heating up bad because when I dump cold gas into it then it's fine. I dont know if this will work but if it doesnt help then I am going to take it somewhere. I'm done messing with it I have literally done everything to figure it out and still noting not sure what I am missing.

Originally Posted by PEETYZ

Trying to hit the 700+club with Neutron and I huh Shant?

My clutch install was easy this time

Yeah that does look easy!!!! Yea I'
m trying hopefully the block lasts..WHat cooling system are you using? I'm still on the stocker and want to upgrade eventually
Old 04-22-2015, 01:58 PM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

Yes sir. I'm still on stock cooling system with 160 T stat. I did open up the rear steam vents as well with a cross over. Car is running about 190 collant temp and 210 oil temp so i think its well in the acceptable range. Ive had it up to around 200 coolant and 224 oil but thats no hotter than the stock cars run on hot summer days so i think it's ok. I just keep an eye on it.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:26 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

How did you open them and and what does it do? never heard that before
Old 04-22-2015, 04:12 PM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

How did you open them and and what does it do? never heard that before
Write up on it- https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ports-fix.html

Instead of using all those items like Matt did i used the GM truck cross over mentioned down the page on post 11. GM part #12605716.

All you have to do at that point is either run the lines like Matt did or what I did was run the cross over rear then have a hose around the rear of motor and come up to front to meet the line from the ls6 cross over on the front before going into the radiator.

Does that make sense?

Basically run factory cross over tube in front and truck cross over in rear to open all vents and T them together before going into radiator.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A D1SC install and lots of other stuff!! Pics soon

Old 04-22-2015, 05:12 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Cool Ill check it out in awhile. Taking a break me and the top bellhousing bolt arent seeing eye to eye and I just broke a spark plug and the coolant temp sensor so I figured I need to step away for a bit..
Old 04-23-2015, 11:25 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Got some work done yesterday and it me a loooooong time to get that top bellhousing bolt in. My dumbass couldnt find it because of the wiring harness but I finally got it in..I got the pulley on, bracket and a few other things. All I need are a few more fittings which I seem to never stop ordering but I should be done by next week.

I rerouted my return so it goes straight into the return line in the tank. I used some wires to fish it through the stock route

I started adding my feed fittings. Someone is making me -8an fittings for teh feed so I can keep that siphoning from the passenger side tank.

]

These add up quick..I had to order a few more today

Since I was manhandling the driver side header I jacked up all the titanium wrap..That was a waste of money. I also broke 2 spark plugs and the temp sensor..I also took the stock line out..It's gone

I redid my ricer lights

Last edited by Chicago1; 04-23-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:59 PM
SuperVetteC5
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Got some work done yesterday and it me a loooooong time to get that top bellhousing bolt in. My dumbass couldnt find it because of the wiring harness but I finally got it in..I got the pulley on, bracket and a few other things. All I need are a few more fittings which I seem to never stop ordering but I should be done by next week.

I rerouted my return so it goes straight into the return line in the tank. I used some wires to fish it through the stock route

I started adding my feed fittings. Someone is making me -8an fittings for teh feed so I can keep that siphoning from the passenger side tank.

]

These add up quick..I had to order a few more today

Since I was manhandling the driver side header I jacked up all the titanium wrap..That was a waste of money. I also broke 2 spark plugs and the temp sensor..I also took the stock line out..It's gone

I redid my ricer lights

Nice work Shant. Can't wait to get back on mine again, once I get this flood dealt with and get hot water back in the house again. Looking like tomorrow I'll be done with my part. Then back to the Vette.

Quick Reply: A&A D1SC install and lots of other stuff!! Pics soon