C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A D1SC install and lots of other stuff!! Pics soon

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Yeah I bought it back but not sure what I'm going to do with it. I just put a bigger turbo awhile back and a fmic but we will see. It still runs I just drove it last night it just looks fugly now..
Old 01-07-2017, 11:54 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Well I decided to let it eat. I am going to pulley down with a 3.6..Any bets it blows up? Last pull 668/556. Bigger fuel system now, tune with meth,3.6 pulley..Makes about 11psi now with the 3.85. Should make about 2-3 psi more..
Old 01-07-2017, 12:57 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago1
Well I decided to let it eat. I am going to pulley down with a 3.6..Any bets it blows up? Last pull 668/556. Bigger fuel system now, tune with meth,3.6 pulley..Makes about 11psi now with the 3.85. Should make about 2-3 psi more..

Bout time. As long as the tune is solid you should be fine, just don't get greedy and push it. Mine has been over 750 for 2 years now and still going strong
Old 01-07-2017, 03:58 PM
hatewhatownsyou
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Damn, you went from 350 to 668 with a 3.8"??!! Or did you do other mods from your first post

Im at 420na now and was shooting for 650's with my new blower, 3.6" pulley and meth lol
Old 01-07-2017, 05:44 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I think it will be fine
Old 01-07-2017, 05:49 PM
tcruse
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Get it going Shant!!!
Old 01-07-2017, 06:04 PM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

time to join the 700 HP club man
Old 01-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Originally Posted by idontknow
Bout time. As long as the tune is solid you should be fine, just don't get greedy and push it. Mine has been over 750 for 2 years now and still going strong

I know huh been slacking. Done anything new?

Originally Posted by hatewhatownsyou
Damn, you went from 350 to 668 with a 3.8"??!! Or did you do other mods from your first post

Im at 420na now and was shooting for 650's with my new blower, 3.6" pulley and meth lol
Nope that was the build I went from 350 to what I'm at now after the cam and blower and all that stuff. You will love it

Originally Posted by neutron82
I think it will be fine
lol I forgot your one of those guys thats on your shoulder going "Go for it man its all good dont worry about that you got this.." Then bam!!!!
Whats new with you?

Originally Posted by tcruse
Get it going Shant!!!
yes sir should be working on it next week.

Originally Posted by PEETYZ
time to join the 700 HP club man
Any new mods your still running in beast mode?
Old 01-08-2017, 01:03 PM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

Well I changed to 100% meth and a hair smaller pulley (4.25 down to 4.10)and made 730/640 but I was out of flow up top so I swapped out my 1 3/4 headers with modded factory 2.5 mids and h pipe for some kooks 1 7/8 with 3inch mids and x pipe. Currently having the tensioner serviced and will redyno soon. Hoping for 750 but we will see.

Last edited by PEETYZ; 01-08-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:03 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

not really, had to put a new clutch in the car due to it slipping. other than that i have just been enjoying the car. i am thinking about selling it and either buying a rowdy c6 z06 or a cts-v caddy. BUT if i keep it, i am going to be getting some 1 7/8th long tubes, putting a different cam in, and getting a set of heads. gonna try and make it more driver friendly

raced a 800+ twin turbo ls2 rx7 this year, we were dead even till i shifted to 4th and he pulled a car and we locked up again. I was gonna do it again and turn my meth on to keep intake temps down as we were like the 5th race that night so there was some back to back racing so she was a little heat soaked. we agreed to do it again but never meet up afterwards for the rematch
Old 01-08-2017, 10:22 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

lol I forgot your one of those guys thats on your shoulder going "Go for it man its all good dont worry about that you got this.." Then bam!!!!
Whats new with you?
lol when it comes to this I have a devil on both shoulders... after seeing mine and others survive for a reasonable amount of time I really think you will be ok as long as you have enough fuel and the tune is spot on, but anything can happen no matter what power level you're at so there's always risks... I have been enjoying it, just tore it down recently to do another fuel system for e85 and thought about picking up an aluminum 5.3 to build up a little and max the little d1 out to see what it will do... I really think that would be enough for me and what I use the car for... did you get your fuel pressure issue sorted out??

Last edited by neutron82; 01-08-2017 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:06 AM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

lol when it comes to this I have a devil on both shoulders... after seeing mine and others survive for a reasonable amount of time I really think you will be ok as long as you have enough fuel and the tune is spot on, but anything can happen no matter what power level you're at so there's always risks... I have been enjoying it, just tore it down recently to do another fuel system for e85 and thought about picking up an aluminum 5.3 to build up a little and max the little d1 out to see what it will do... I really think that would be enough for me and what I use the car for... did you get your fuel pressure issue sorted out??

Do a triple pump or 2 big pumps. I got 2 walbro 255's and forgot to push the reliefs in and I am out of fuel in mine. Just happens to run out at top of 4th at 6500.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:18 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Do a triple pump or 2 big pumps. I got 2 walbro 255's and forgot to push the reliefs in and I am out of fuel in mine. Just happens to run out at top of 4th at 6500.
I'm doing twin 450's in the tank and leaving the option to add a third pump later on if for some reason I end up needing it
Old 01-09-2017, 12:50 PM
billetproof97'
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that is a clean setup and its come a long way. Im doing a similar AA D1 setup. Do they still make those drop in fuel pumps? If so is there a link? I tried to find it online and was not successful.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:29 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Originally Posted by PEETYZ
Well I changed to 100% meth and a hair smaller pulley (4.25 down to 4.10)and made 730/640 but I was out of flow up top so I swapped out my 1 3/4 headers with modded factory 2.5 mids and h pipe for some kooks 1 7/8 with 3inch mids and x pipe. Currently having the tensioner serviced and will redyno soon. Hoping for 750 but we will see.
damn son!!! Ill have that 3.85 if you wanna try for more!!

not really, had to put a new clutch in the car due to it slipping. other than that i have just been enjoying the car. i am thinking about selling it and either buying a rowdy c6 z06 or a cts-v caddy. BUT if i keep it, i am going to be getting some 1 7/8th long tubes, putting a different cam in, and getting a set of heads. gonna try and make it more driver friendly

raced a 800+ twin turbo ls2 rx7 this year, we were dead even till i shifted to 4th and he pulled a car and we locked up again. I was gonna do it again and turn my meth on to keep intake temps down as we were like the 5th race that night so there was some back to back racing so she was a little heat soaked. we agreed to do it again but never meet up afterwards for the rematch
love those things had a first gen 13b rx7 it was no beast like a swapped FD but I still have a place in my heart for them.

We will see everything has been changed out except the tank. I got a new tank and putting that in this week just need to put the secondary from the other to this one. if not then I will finally take it to somone. Its either that is my issue or the tune which I have talked to my tuner and sevar; other which its impossible but with my luck who knows.

Where are you getting the 5.3 from?

Originally Posted by billetproof97'
Man that is a clean setup and its come a long way. Im doing a similar AA D1 setup. Do they still make those drop in fuel pumps? If so is there a link? I tried to find it online and was not successful.
Thanks , When you mean drop in like a walbro 255? Lingenfelter has a 255 set up thats drop in and plug and play. There may be other but I have a external secondary but I have seen lots of setups with dual pumps. never seen where they got them if you cant find them let me know Ill do some hunting for you later
Old 01-09-2017, 04:07 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

We will see everything has been changed out except the tank. I got a new tank and putting that in this week just need to put the secondary from the other to this one. if not then I will finally take it to somone. Its either that is my issue or the tune which I have talked to my tuner and sevar; other which its impossible but with my luck who knows.

Where are you getting the 5.3 from?
I've just been looking around for a nice 5.3 to work on... an ls3 would be nice too but for the power I want to make it really didn't seem worth the substantial jump in cost... once I find one I will probably take it down to Bret's guy in Houston at Hsquared and have them do the machining... that's crazy you have been through all that hell, hopefully it gets sorted out soon... probably a stupid question but have you tried another secondary pump, maybe it's possible the one you have just can't keep up?
Old 01-10-2017, 08:12 AM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

ha ha I could swap on the 3.6 and go to kill mode with my combo and OD balancer but I'd need a much bigger fuel system.....I'm happy with where the car is power and reliability wise now but it hasn't been completely counted out lol

Get notified of new replies

To A&A D1SC install and lots of other stuff!! Pics soon

Old 01-17-2017, 01:50 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

I have that 3.85 if you need it..

So didn't have much time to work on it but did swap out fitting from the old tank to the other newish tank. I also bought a new door and rear bumper cover because I backed out and that 55 gallon drum was closer then I though.(cough "crown royal") So it gouged it down to the fiberglass and the rear bumper well it got some to. Luckily the quarter panel is fine I just turned the wheel to much. Anyways enough of that. Hopefully i get some time later this week to install the tank and then just install the driveline.Swapping to a ls7 card style maf..is this a good idea I'm overrunning my stocker or do we have any ideas? Big elevation changes here because I like to cruise/carve the mountains here so not sure about a SD tune?

New pulley 3.6 is in going from a 3.85.
New meth pump installed.
secondary fuel fittings swapped over to the other tank.
80lbs in place instead of the 60's

Old 02-28-2017, 01:55 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Got the new tank in last week had to go to go to Fastenal to get some bolts. GM believes their 6 bolts and oring is worth 60 bucks..2 bucks later I'm gtg

Chassed and I installed the drivetrain Thursday night( Thank again homie) and I tested the new pump on Friday so thats all gtg. New wideband sensor came in started installing that on break yesterday. I went to put the suspension back together today and forgot about my new fuel crossover tube I got in Wednesday . I even told myself all day don't forget to install the new crossover since the tranny/tank are out before you put in the drivetrain tomorrow..dohhhh..
So on my break I dropped the drivetrain down past the bolts and got the old one out. Ill put the new one in tonight after work if I have time. Kinda sucks cause that's literally a 2 minute job or less with those out of the way. Now an hour or 2 while I have the whole cradle dropped a bit with 2 jackstands and a floor jack..Also I have 2 tires on each side under the rocker guards so room if very very tight. Why so much **** under? Cause I don't wanna be crushed by my car lol.

Got the passenger side header on today to and went to put the driver side on and forgot it needed to be fixed. I had the egr tube break off. No biggie right..wrong, I had a friend said his dad can fix that easily I got it back and he jacked it up. All types of weld splash or whatever you guys call that inside and the outside where the hole is looks like ****. So I have to get a dremel and clean that all up or take it to a machine shop because I think the face/flanged is warped. I was bugged but lesson learned..

Last edited by Chicago1; 02-28-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:31 PM
SuperVetteC5
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Your getting closer. That sucks about the header! Live and learn I guess.

Quick Reply: A&A D1SC install and lots of other stuff!! Pics soon