C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billet Tech alternator Group Buy is here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 12:09 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Default Billet Tech alternator Group Buy is here!

Many of us have grown tired of having under-performing alternators on our Corvettes. In the middle of the summer, pulling up to a stop light, both radiator fans going, A/C on high and you barely have enough voltage to keep your battery charged.
The factory Valeo is rated at 140 amps in most cases, but that's a best-case and not a full-operating temperature scenario. At full temperature and at idle, we're lucky to get even half of that 140 and lucky to get any decent voltage out of it when it's under load. It's simply not an efficient design.
Billet-Tech has engineered alternator that eliminates ALL of these issues. They are designed using the latest and greatest in alternator design, which has greatly increased the low-RPM efficiency and output. They are available for the 97-2012 Corvettes. The LS6 design with standard clearance is the same case all the way up to 2012

Here's what Billet Tech says about their design:
"

The 6 Phase Advantage

Billet-Tech alternators employ cutting edge alternator technology not found in other aftermarket alternators. 6 phase hairpin stators make Billet-Tech alternators fundamentally more efficient than other aftermarket alternators. This new technology and increased efficiency equates to incredible output at extremely low engine RPM, less energy wasted in the form of heat, and more horsepower to the wheels. Also, because less heat is being generated, the internal components of Billet-Tech alternators last longer. This is especially beneficial on turbocharged and/or endurance racing vehicles with high engine compartment temperatures. All Billet-Tech alternators feature soldered stator and rectifier connections, with epoxy re-enforced stator connections, reducing the chance of vibration failures.

Billet-Tech units are built exclusively with precision balanced low-mass rotors that allow them to operate safely at shaft speeds of 20,000+ rpm. This high RPM capability, combined with excellent output at idle, gives the user a much broader operating RPM range, and more flexibility in the size of the crankshaft pulley used. A properly selected Billet-Tech alternator can even fix low voltage problems caused by using small diameter, or "under-driven" pulley ratios. The higher pole count in the rotor also results in less electromagnetic interference to cause problems with radios and other electronics.

As a final precaution, Billet-Tech alternators are constructed with twin high efficiency cooling fans, and twin internal rectifier plates. While other high performance alternators have only one rectifier with 6 diodes, Billet-Tech units boast 12 press fit diodes with 300% more surface area to dissipate heat. These considerations to cooling airflow and heat dissipation make Billet-Tech high performance alternators the most durable aftermarket alternators you can buy. If you are experiencing premature alternator failure, intermittent electrical accessory problems, or low voltage at any engine RPM, a Billet-Tech 6 phase alternator is the answer!

"So what is there to gain from using the Billet-Tech alternator over the factory original?"
Better system voltage. "So what does better system voltage gain me?"
Many of the electrical components in our cars will perform better with full voltage.
Our ignition coils, fuel injectors, fuel pumps, cooling fans, electric water pumps, headlights (and the list goes on) will all perform better with better system voltage.
Why go with a Billet-Tech alternator over others? Take a good look at the cases of the competitors and you will notice that none of them have the beefy, stronger ears that Billet-Tech provides on their cases. Instead, you'll find some skinny ears with pins pressed in. These are modified cases, designed for another vehicle, modified to fit our cars and not nearly as strong.
4 finish options offered: Machined, black anodized, polished and chrome.
2 outputs offered: 170amp, 240amp
2 Case options. The LS1 C5 case will provide up to an inch additional clearance for those members who could use the extra clearance due to taller valve covers or a modified coil mounting configuration.
The standard LS6 C5 case will sit down closer to the valve covers, providing the same clearance as the factory Valeo alternator.

Also available is the AVBM, which is allows you to adjust the alternator output voltage.

The last thing I'll share with you is a 14volt option. This involves the use of a 14volt AGM battery Excess Power battery, an external regulator and a custom alternator. The charge voltage for this system is around 17.5. What I can tell you is that there are many GM vehicles running around with this system with 0 issues. Billet Tech has a number of vehicles that they successfully tested before offering this special option. If you think you may benefit from this option, contact me and we can discuss it.

the Corvette will benefit greatly from the 170amp.

Billet-Tech has tested and compared their alternators to our factory units and their 170amp alternator will typically produce +1 volt and supply an additional 80 amps at full temperature, at idle speeds. In other words, the 170 will be more than enough to supply the Corvette with good voltage and have enough in reserve to support up to a 1500 watt stereo system.
Be careful when selecting your alternator. It takes more than most are aware of to drive a high output alternator. Unless you have a specific need to choose an alternator beyond 170amp, I would recommend that most choose the170amp model. Their low-RPM performance is significantly better than the higher amp models. It's a "give and take" situation and considering where most of our engines spend their time, 170amp models will be the most suitable choice.

Considering what a factory rebuilt alternator costs, this is definitely the better, smarter choice. The pricing for the group buy is lower than can be publicly advertised, so you'll need to contact me for pricing. I am on vacation this week, but will do my best to respond to the thread and pricing inquiries in a timely fashion. The best way to contact me for this group buy is via email. You can email me directly @ blownbluez06@gmail.com
When contacting me, please include the year of your car.

This is no longer a group buy. Now this is a limited time offering. For this group buy, I'll accept check, money order, PayPal, or credit card with a greater discount offered when paying by check or money order. Take advantage now because this offer will end soon.

Those with 2000 and older please read below:
I need to get some answers on the pre 2001 alternators. I will stand behind what I sell, but I've been advised of an issue with the alternators triggering a DIC "charge fault" message. Although I was told by the Billet Tech alternator engineers that it won't be an issue, I need to confirm that with an actual sale. Now that I've put that out there, here's the pricing.
Attached Images   

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance; 09-07-2013 at 08:28 AM.
The following users liked this post:
corvettegrandsport87 (03-04-2016)
Old 09-05-2013, 01:53 PM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

email sent out
Old 09-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Supporting Vendor

Replied
Old 09-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Bret pm me a price on a 150 and 170 billit i have alot of audio and also the blower so not sure which would be best for the car if and when i get it back

Rick
Old 09-05-2013, 02:21 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

hell why not, i think mine is about to go out as we speak
Old 09-05-2013, 02:30 PM
MarkT 2002
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please PM me price on 150 and 170 also. My car's in the shop now and if I can get this in the next few days that would be great.

Thanks,
MarkT
Old 09-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Supporting Vendor

Hey guys, I made a mistake with offering the 150 amp as Billet Tech doesn't offer it. I'm trying to get with them to see if they can make it, if not, it's going to be 170 and up.

PM's and emails replied
Old 09-05-2013, 05:22 PM
JDS99
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Email sent, sir!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by JDS99
Email sent, sir!
Replied.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Gitusum
Bret pm me a price on a 150 and 170 billit i have alot of audio and also the blower so not sure which would be best for the car if and when i get it back

Rick
Originally Posted by idontknow
hell why not, i think mine is about to go out as we speak
Originally Posted by MarkT 2002
Please PM me price on 150 and 170 also. My car's in the shop now and if I can get this in the next few days that would be great.

Thanks,
MarkT
Replied.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:41 PM
tazor
Advanced

Default 170

can i get a price on a 170 thx
Old 09-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Bonnetts02Vette
Pro

pricing on 170 also please.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:23 PM
JDS99
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT56
Replied.
Didn't get it for some reason.. ?... Mind resending?
Old 09-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Quick 06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Please send me the price on a 170 also...
Old 09-05-2013, 08:47 PM
MarkT 2002
Pro

Let me know if it's a go and where to send the $$.

Thanks,
MarkT
Old 09-05-2013, 09:54 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Bret, price on the polished 150 please. Robert
Old 09-05-2013, 10:12 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Interested in the machine finish extended height 170a. Let me know a total paid with check. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Billet Tech alternator Group Buy is here!

Old 09-05-2013, 11:08 PM
tcruse
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Bret black 150 price please.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:23 AM
Supporting Vendor

Guys, I apologize. I made a mistake. The 150's aren't available for the Corvettes. 170's are the entry-level pieces. The price is less than many thought it would be. Pricing headed your way. I am on vacation this week, and it's more difficult for me to communicate, on the road, so if you'll send me emails, it'll be easier for me to respond. I'll PM those that requested it.

Thanks.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:09 AM
Supporting Vendor

Ok, unless I'm mistaken, I've answered everyone's emails and PM's. Let me know.

Quick Reply: Billet Tech alternator Group Buy is here!