C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roll Cages/Bars. Anyone have them?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 06:22 PM
C5 Scully
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeyG
Mine is a custom 8 point with removable bars. I keep the bars in so I don't get lazy.
Originally Posted by highpockets
I have a full ten point in mine with swing away/removable door bars.These cars are a PAIN to do cages in but it can be done ! Here are a few pics.

Frame brackets,custom cut and bent to fit.

Front hoop
please email the pictures to my email address elscullard@hotmail.com

thank you for your efforts I am building a cage overseas and have a folder with many options to add to to get the best fabrications done
Old 09-10-2013, 08:46 AM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Yeah my cars a mess as its been on jackstands since May as i'm finishing the nitrous stroker to the setup in sig. Started out with a custom 6 point that had the door bars anchor to 6x6" floor plates. Then had Larry Larson update and make the 8pnt cage. Hoop is attached to L bracket bases welded and gusseted to frame rails with sandwich plates also, through the floorboard. I've been passing NHRA tech for over 5 years.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:36 AM
highpockets
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=JoeyG;1584883879]Yeah my cars a mess as its been on jackstands since May as i'm finishing the nitrous stroker to the setup in sig. Started out with a custom 6 point that had the door bars anchor to 6x6" floor plates. Then had Larry Larson update and make the 8pnt cage. Hoop is attached to L bracket bases welded and gusseted to frame rails with sandwich plates also, through the floorboard. I've been passing NHRA tech for over 5 years.

Nice setup,looks like they did a good job ! I took a pic of my door bars,the spring loaded quick connect are much nicer than the pinned ends are started with.

Last edited by highpockets; 09-10-2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: added pic
Old 09-10-2013, 10:55 AM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Those spring pin kits are nice! I wish I would've changed 2-3 things on my car's rollbar when originally doing the 6 point that would've made the now in place cage nicer.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:19 PM
chrisgo
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Street Driving?

For all of those with halo bars, 8pts, etc, do you feel like the bars are close enough to your head that you may hit your head on them in a collision on the street?
Old 03-19-2015, 05:27 PM
Rob Petyo
Le Mans Master

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

here is a pic on mine - don't think it would be worse in a crash ...

I liked the having it high enough so it doesn't bother my rear view..

this one can get annoying when using as DD ...

hope this helps

Last edited by Rob Petyo; 03-19-2015 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:36 PM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I have a full cromoly 8.50 cage built by DMC Racing. I've seen a few C5's with cages in the past and to be honest, none of them can hold a candle to what Dennis and the guys did in my car. Its the tightest fitting, most unintrusive thing in the world. Its painted satin black and to be honest most people don't even notice its there while sitting in the seat. I have the door bars and the window net removed when on the street for easy access.

The car is currently back at DMC for some exhaust work but I'll try and dig up some photos later tonight for you. If you want I can text them to you as well, just PM me you digits.

I did add some carbon fiber covers to protect the high traffic areas from Bickle and they really classed it up a bunch. Also used their carbon parachute handle which most people don't even notice.

Standing outside the car looking at it from the side you can't see a single bar. I have the SFI padding placed around where it might otherwise kill me in a street accident.

I would SERIOUSLY caution you about trying to fab one up yourself even if you've "done it before." These cars are a giant pain in the *** to put a cage in, and you don't want to have any questions about your safety.

If you don't care about the full cage I can recommend the RSD 6pt bolt in roll bar. I put one in my C6 before this car. Went in nice and easy and fit like a glove. NHRA Techs at several tracks said it was groovy down to 10.0 sec.

- Travis
Old 03-19-2015, 08:59 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ajrothm
I have the Wolf Racecraft 6 point and removable door bars.. The look and fit is great (once you get the bastard in there). It's tucked up tighter to the roof then the RSD bar.

BUT... I do not believe any of these bars are NHRA legal. I mean they are bolt in to start, and besides that they are bolted to 1/8" fiberglass and balsa wood... I personally can not see these things doing crap in a roll over other then wacking you in the head pretty good..

The only reason I bought one is to get passed the tech guys at the track. I didn't want to cut the car up to put a real cage in it...a dummy cage if you will.
I have the same wolf 6 point here
Old 03-19-2015, 10:26 PM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Here's a few I had on my phone. I'll get more when the car comes home.

- Travis
Old 03-19-2015, 10:38 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

All depends how tall you are, seat height & halo bar placement.

I have Alum Kirkey seats, slammed 1" off the floor, my head is below the side halo bar.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:46 AM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

A few pics of my 8.50 cage if it helps any.
Attached Images       

Quick Reply: Roll Cages/Bars. Anyone have them?