C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGT tune and E85

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Default EGT tune and E85

Hi folks, I'm interested in running an 8 channel EGT on the haltech setup to help with the tuning.

with E85, what exhaust gas temps should I be looking for? I'm running a TTiX and will be running E85 when set on "kill" and trying for around 21 psi to hit 900 or so hp with a 346 LS6 engine with AFR 225 heads and a Dr. Phil turbo cam (*need to check the specs*)

also like feedback on what the optimal pump gas EGTs would look like on lower boost

car will of course also have a dual wide band, but I'm hoping the individual EGT probes will really help "even out" the tuning and fuel on each cyl. a great tuner once told me "tune the car like it's 8 individual engines and give each cyl what it wants" in terms of A/F ratio

this will take quite a bit more tweaking of the tune, and honestly I'll be learning more about tuning with the haltech

looking forward to it! I should be getting it installed in about a month or so as the budget becomes available. trying to sell some hot rods to muster the funds!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:29 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i would love to see the temperature difference in the cylinder between 93 and e85.

Quick Reply: EGT tune and E85