C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New updated TT427 LSX version, Tarzan !

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 09:09 AM
Big Reade
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In for the progress. I've been looking at buying a C6, but a friend is selling his c5z with a katech 427, and I've been interested to see a legit TT setup for the c5 to decide if I'm gonna go that way or not. Good luck with the build, can't wait to see how it turns out!
Old 10-20-2013, 01:22 AM
highpockets
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I can tell you right now,this is by no means a "bolt in" or even semi backyard friendly.I would STRONGLY recommend a TTix kit for proven performance results in a twin turbo kit for these cars.The price is the ONLY deterrent. That said,I did gather a few more parts and got the revised headers back on the car,the brake booster off(need to move it to the dr side 1/2 in or redo cyl 7 header tube) Tacked the downpipes to the v-band flanges,cut the front fenderwells(downpipes will exit top front inside corner of wheelwell right behind headlights.Leveled engine again ,squared side to side(its not bolted tight,just sitting on mounts)squared headers and final mount( well I hope anyway) turbos.Tomorrow will build connecting pipes from header to turbo as well as BOV connection and dump pipes which will go through fenderwells and meet back up with the downpipes inside fenders as they journey back through the framerails towards the bellhousing. Set the new hood on just to see what it looks like,not sure if Im gonna leave it CF or paint to match,got a long ways to go til then ! Anyways,heres a few pics of hood,cell battery died,will have to add turbo mount pics tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:25 AM
highpockets
Drifting

BTW,the VIS CF hood fit and finish is outstanding ! I looked at a fiberglass cheapie highrise but the amount of work required by my bodyman to make it fit decent was more than offset by paying a bit more for a better fitting hood.

Ordered a Griffin radiator for this as well,it needs to be about 3" shorter than stock as it will be approx 4" forward do to the turbo placement.Looking at ac condensers now,cant give up my air conditioning !

Last edited by highpockets; 10-20-2013 at 01:27 AM. Reason: added sentence
Old 10-20-2013, 09:30 AM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Got any pics of the underside of the hood at the cowl area raised up?
Old 10-20-2013, 01:50 PM
MIAmotorsports
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much dpes the hood affect your vision. I am looking at a bigger cowl hood but worry about vision during street driving and parking
Old 10-20-2013, 10:24 PM
highpockets
Drifting

I will get some more pics of the hood as well as through the windshield tomorrow.It doesnt seem near as big as it looks,I anticipate very little interference as it drops off pretty fast. Besides,I am 6'4" so it would probably have to be an 8" cowl to bother me ! Got the connecting flanges,cut/trimmed and over to the welder,once done,we can add the BOV piping and then build the mount brackets for the turbos(they will have machined billet alum mounts below them to take the weight off the headers/exh flanges) I missed the UPS guy somehow on Sat,so wont have my tight radius bends for the downpipes til tomorrow,thats also on the list this week. So anyway,heres a few pics of turbo mounting location as well as my little old engine since I didnt get as much done on the turbo setup as I wanted.

Ignore the charge pipe to the intake,we were using it to see how much room we have for the air inlets to the turbos. Note that even with the headers cut down to min collector length the pass side header to turbo flange is extremely short,I think my BOV setup is going to be more work than I was hoping.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:29 PM
highpockets
Drifting

So I finally got my cam,installed it,timing chain and oil pump assy. I set up my degree wheel,zeroed TDC and checked the events,looked good straight up,as it should so I buttoned up the bottom end and installed the heads,the 1/2 in studs and inner/outer bolts make this the biggest pain in the *** ever.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:15 AM
master blaster
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW that hood looks SWEET!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2013, 01:34 AM
Vince99FRC
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow Vince you don't mess around...
Old 10-22-2013, 12:49 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
This is going to be a monster big dog.

WOW!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I wish I was around to help out. Let me know if you need anything.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:57 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Originally Posted by Unreal
I wish I was around to help out. Let me know if you need anything.
Thanks Nick,wish you were closer as well ! Got a few more things done,some more goodies showed up today,finished assembling the top end on the engine and ran the valves.Found out these LSX blocks are a PITA to get the lifter trays in/inside head bolt torqued,not a lot of room in there ! Put the Jesel adj shaft setup from my 402 on this one as well.

Stopped by the welder,one of the connecting pipes is done,other one should be done tomorrow. I am anxious to get them installed as the short turn 90 bends came in as well so I can start the downpipes. Starting to get some of the wiring for the Holley Dominator setup as well,trans harness showed up today. Also,a big bag of stainless 4" hose clamps for all the air inlet connections to the turbos.

Hopefully tomorrow I will get radiator and few more mandrel bends to get going on the exhaust. Thanks again for the kind words, I really appreciate it !
Old 10-24-2013, 10:02 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Set the new radiator(which showed up yesterday) in place,looks like exactly what I need !

Compared to the stock one,it looks more like a heater core ! However,its approx 28x15 as well as dual 1.5 in core and I expect when properly installed with dual fans and adequate airflow it should do the job just fine.I plan to have a shortened AC condenser built as well,I am not giving up AC on this car yet.Going to get rad mounts made,verify hood fitment(there is a dip near the hinges where they attach to the front of the hood) then we will build the condenser and install intercooler. Slowly getting closer,hopefully will have turbos in this weekend as well.Here is a comparison shot,stock rad in mount versus new short rad approx where it will sit.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:55 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Any estimated completion date?
Old 10-24-2013, 11:37 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Any estimated completion date?
Hoping to have it done and some break in miles by xmas. Going to put the trans back in this weekend and move the car into the garage as next week weather doesnt look to good here.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:35 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Finally got the ECU,wiring harness,touchscreen display and misc for this thing. Now I can lay everything out and figure out where I am going to mount the computer.With the trans in the back,I may have to extend the wiring to reach everything,hope not !

Welder says he will have my pipes done by Sat,and trans is in already so hopefully I can verify turbo fitment,cut the cowl panel for the intake and drop the new engine in Sunday. Then,plumb it and wire it,finish the exhaust,few other little items(AC,Alt mount,condenser,coil mounts) and hopefully I can fire it up ! Wished i could devote more time but have been super swamped at work,guess I cant complain !
Old 10-31-2013, 04:55 AM
Big Reade
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That Holley efi setup looks sweet!

Get notified of new replies

To New updated TT427 LSX version, Tarzan !

Old 11-04-2013, 08:27 PM
jose08m5
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Coming along awesome man looking forward to seeing her done!
Old 11-07-2013, 10:53 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Got a message from the welder,midpipes for turbos are done.Gonna pick those up Sat,then maybe drop the engine in Sun and see how it all looks. Been chasing down gaskets,a set of 160lbs injectors,Aeromotive billet fuel pump controller,a nice box of -12 and -10 AN fittings(Ouch !) some -10 hose to feed the beast and a -10 to -8 Y fitting for the rails. Intake is at the machinist,cutting the back off and milling approx 1/8 in off the fuel rail mounting pads(they interfere with the big Billet Atomizer injector bodies) Will post some pics up of the modified intake as well.Lets see,Oh,thanks to a forum member I also have a sweet RPM trans coupler coming to complete my HD trans connections,now the stock one will just be a spare.This weekend is looking to be pretty busy,will post some updated pics soon.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:59 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by highpockets
Got a message from the welder,midpipes for turbos are done.Gonna pick those up Sat,then maybe drop the engine in Sun and see how it all looks. Been chasing down gaskets,a set of 160lbs injectors,Aeromotive billet fuel pump controller,a nice box of -12 and -10 AN fittings(Ouch !) some -10 hose to feed the beast and a -10 to -8 Y fitting for the rails. Intake is at the machinist,cutting the back off and milling approx 1/8 in off the fuel rail mounting pads(they interfere with the big Billet Atomizer injector bodies) Will post some pics up of the modified intake as well.Lets see,Oh,thanks to a forum member I also have a sweet RPM trans coupler coming to complete my HD trans connections,now the stock one will just be a spare.This weekend is looking to be pretty busy,will post some updated pics soon.
Man that's a lot to keep up with That car is going to make some POWER and look awesome under the hood with them turbos stuffed in it! I cant wait to see this come together thanks for sharing the update

Quick Reply: New updated TT427 LSX version, Tarzan !