C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New updated TT427 LSX version, Tarzan !

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 01:19 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoove
Dude, you've got an amazing build going on. I dig the workmanship and engineering behind it. Love the fact that you went with JGS precision for your valving. There stuff works great with C02/compressed air. Sweet that you can also get airfilters in your setup...something not easy to do with the packaging of some of these setups. Props man...very nice build,..gonna be a beast.

Question, for your oil feed lines, is that ss or aluminum hard line? Doing all my lines on my car,..haven't gotten to the oil feed routing yet(everything else is aluminum). I didn't know holley could be used up until a of couple of months ago with our stock gauge cluster. I think thats awesome..one of these days,..gonna try and swing that setup.

Also the EBCM.... did you have to lower it? Mine needs to be even more then I already have.
I was recommended to use the JGS stuff by the guys I bought the turbos from(forced inductions/Jose) After researching I found nothing but good so we will see. I used SS hard oil feed lines to the turbos,bent myself and installed AN fittings on the ends,easy enough. EBCM has been removed and deleted,No codes for ABS/trac control on my dash but of course no trac control until we install the add on for the holley.I did prewire the car for the speed sensors I will be using,one front and one rear wheel. All engine related wiring was removed,wires to the fusebox underhood were removed and repinned circuits as needed for the new setup. The wiring and programming was the biggest headache(well that and the persistent pass bank coil/spark failures we are fighting now) Thought I would post an update,semi good but somewhat of a continuing theme with this car.My NEW WELD wheels showed up today,opened the boxes and of course I have one damaged wheel ! Called WELD and it has already been taken care of,they were GREAT to work with,absolutely no issues and I will just keep trucking away til the new replacement wheel shows up. Heres a quick pic,apparently the edges of these rims are pretty fragile ! The fronts were double boxed,I bet the new rear one will be also !

Last edited by highpockets; 09-15-2014 at 01:22 PM. Reason: added pics.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:00 PM
JDS99
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Gonna bump this back up for any updates?
Old 01-26-2015, 08:17 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by highpockets
I was recommended to use the JGS stuff by the guys I bought the turbos from(forced inductions/Jose) After researching I found nothing but good so we will see. I used SS hard oil feed lines to the turbos,bent myself and installed AN fittings on the ends,easy enough. EBCM has been removed and deleted,No codes for ABS/trac control on my dash but of course no trac control until we install the add on for the holley.I did prewire the car for the speed sensors I will be using,one front and one rear wheel. All engine related wiring was removed,wires to the fusebox underhood were removed and repinned circuits as needed for the new setup. The wiring and programming was the biggest headache(well that and the persistent pass bank coil/spark failures we are fighting now) Thought I would post an update,semi good but somewhat of a continuing theme with this car.My NEW WELD wheels showed up today,opened the boxes and of course I have one damaged wheel ! Called WELD and it has already been taken care of,they were GREAT to work with,absolutely no issues and I will just keep trucking away til the new replacement wheel shows up. Heres a quick pic,apparently the edges of these rims are pretty fragile ! The fronts were double boxed,I bet the new rear one will be also !
same thing happened to me but i hit a bump in the road sent the wheels back to weld for free replacement..great to deal with
Old 02-04-2015, 01:06 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Originally Posted by JDS99
Gonna bump this back up for any updates?
With the fridgid winter we have been dealing with,car has been sitting in the garage. I think that honestly,my wife is sick of it and me spending money on it so there is a very good possibility I will sell the whole thing or part it out and move on. I replaced the Billet atomizer injectors and had Holley graciously update the ECU for me but we had very bad weather when I got it all back so I just have it all sitting now. I dont know for sure,its probably not worth alot and I have tons of $$$ in it but other priorities and lack of time may end this project.Will update in a few,thanks for the kind words.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:09 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

With the fridgid winter we have been dealing with,car has been sitting in the garage. I think that honestly,my wife is sick of it and me spending money on it so there is a very good possibility I will sell the whole thing or part it out and move on. I replaced the Billet atomizer injectors and had Holley graciously update the ECU for me but we had very bad weather when I got it all back so I just have it all sitting now. I dont know for sure,its probably not worth alot and I have tons of $$$ in it but other priorities and lack of time may end this project.Will update in a few,thanks for the kind words.
That would be a shame, but hey, stuff happens
Old 02-04-2015, 05:17 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

]

Sorry for delay in response. and I understand your frustration....always spending money on these things. Then the time..effort...
Old 02-04-2015, 05:24 PM
slow ride
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just take a break from it and the spending if you can. Not sure of your situation, but I know my old lady would always want me to do what makes me happy if at all possible. Good luck man.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:15 PM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,867 Likes on 886 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

pretty welds, sweet build!
Old 02-05-2015, 02:02 PM
Ryan427
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 23 Posts

Tarzan is one of the greatest builds out there, and I love coming back to this thread to be inspired by your progress. I'm saddened and sorry to hear of the frustration, and hope you can pull through. We're all here supporting you, whatever you decide ... but I'd sure love to see that machine back on the track some day
Old 02-05-2015, 06:30 PM
Chris Stewart
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
That would be a shame, but hey, stuff happens
Keep the car, and get a new wife?

j/k man, been there, hope you see it thru!
Old 02-06-2015, 09:09 AM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

Sorry to hear you may sell your vette and your wife isn't happy. However...I think you should remind yourself and your wife that even though it seems like a lot of $$$ ....in the big pic it isn't. You have an older vette...not a new C7Z06 or an exotic....so really you are saving her money! Lol.....on second thought.....I don't know if she will buy that....even though it is true! Good luck and plz keep your vette and finish it! Nice weather is around the corner!
Old 02-06-2015, 06:59 PM
Ryan427
Racer

Originally Posted by IMXCITD
Good luck and plz keep your vette and finish it! Nice weather is around the corner!
65 degrees in Utah right now - those are "get your car back out of hibernation" temperatures, highpockets!
Old 02-07-2015, 01:26 AM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

OK that's is now I'm done here giving up!! Too cold rain depression no a/c work in sight...NO they will have to pry my boosted C5 out of my dead hands hahaha.....

really guys its discouraging some time but never give up!!
Old 02-09-2015, 11:30 AM
highpockets
Drifting

Looks like as of now I will be at least putting it back together and see how it runs. Not going to install the new wheels/LG spindles yet as its still possible I will sell the car but I cant bring myself to part it out. Will update soon I hope,as somebody noted it seems spring has hit utah so Im going to get back in there and see what I can do. Thanks for the encouragement !
Old 02-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Ryan427
Racer

Looks like as of now I will be at least putting it back together and see how it runs. Not going to install the new wheels/LG spindles yet as its still possible I will sell the car but I cant bring myself to part it out. Will update soon I hope,as somebody noted it seems spring has hit utah so Im going to get back in there and see what I can do. Thanks for the encouragement !
Old 03-09-2015, 04:58 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Stick in there. It is worth it in the end. Your car is still my favorite c5.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:45 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Man Vince, talking to you the other day, I kept thinking to ask how the car was coming along. I hadn't read this. I'm really hoping you're able to work something else out rather than selling it. If I were rich, I would buy it from you and let you keep it.

Get notified of new replies

To New updated TT427 LSX version, Tarzan !

Old 03-16-2015, 03:21 PM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 716 Likes on 472 Posts

Old 03-24-2015, 11:29 AM
highpockets
Drifting

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Man Vince, talking to you the other day, I kept thinking to ask how the car was coming along. I hadn't read this. I'm really hoping you're able to work something else out rather than selling it. If I were rich, I would buy it from you and let you keep it.
Good talking with you as well. I appreciate the kind words,things look slightly better as we have finally settled with the hospital over a rather large bill from surgery my wife had that was NOT covered(big surprise huh ?) Anyway,with that covered and behind us,I will probably continue to put the car together and see what happens. I HAVE sold the slicks/RTS wheels so if it hits the track again it will probably just be on a set of drag radials,focus right now is probably to get it drivable/sort out the details and see what it does/how the "kit" I built actually works on the road. Will keep posted,warm weather seems to be here full force and family is headed to the beach for spring break(Not me,gotta keep the shop rolling ! )
Old 03-24-2015, 03:33 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Good talking with you as well. I appreciate the kind words,things look slightly better as we have finally settled with the hospital over a rather large bill from surgery my wife had that was NOT covered(big surprise huh ?) Anyway,with that covered and behind us,I will probably continue to put the car together and see what happens. I HAVE sold the slicks/RTS wheels so if it hits the track again it will probably just be on a set of drag radials,focus right now is probably to get it drivable/sort out the details and see what it does/how the "kit" I built actually works on the road. Will keep posted,warm weather seems to be here full force and family is headed to the beach for spring break(Not me,gotta keep the shop rolling ! )

Quick Reply: New updated TT427 LSX version, Tarzan !