C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie Nx question

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 10:43 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Default Newbie Nx question

Have a couple of hypothethical questions about spraying my N/A 98 A4. Please bear with the long message as I want to explain my situation and where I'd like to be.

I'm currently at 420rwhp with typical HCI, LTs, etc. Running a 3200 stall TC and the car runs terrific. Not a forged bottom end, but new mains, rod bearings, etc have been installed and the motor is in great shape. Mostly a street car but wanting to do more 1/4 mi stuff in the near future. Before the engine mods, I was running stock tire sizes (275/40/18) and of course, after the engine updates, those smaller tires could not hook up. I ended up getting some new 10.5" rims and 315/35/18 Toyo Proxes TQ street drag radials which hook up like crazy. From a standing start, I can romp it and have very little spin, the car just takes off like it was shot out of a cannon (which is very good). I have not installed any upgrades to the drive train other than new torque tube bushings when I did the engine mods. The auto tranny was looked at when the TC was installed and deemed to be in excellent shape. All in all, I can see that the current HP level and drive train are pretty much matched up correctly. I'm not making crazy HP but I haven't spent the $$ on the drivetrain to allow me to make crazy HP either.

This brings me to my Nx questions. If I were to install a kit on my LS1, can I set it up to engage at a certain mph (like say 30-35mph)??? If so, since the car is already under way and moving, will the drivetrain see less of a strain and allow me to give it a 100-150 shot and still keep the current drivetrain? I like the way the car jumps off the line right now and since I drive primarily on the street, I just don't feel like putting another $2-4K in the drivetrain at this time. I have not had the car to the strip since doing the mods but by looking at others times, I'd expect mine to be a mid to low 11's car at this time. With a 100-150 shot, would I get to mid to low 10's? Sorry for the long message. Appreciate any info.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:59 AM
superramvette2
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

No you will not see low tens with nitrous without breaking the drivetrain at some point in my opinion. I am using a MPH switch from lingenfelter for my nitrous application and it will let you select your MPH. Even at thirty miles an hour a 150 hit on Toyo's will give you traction problems. When I was stock other than bolt ons I have a 125 wet shot and my 315 toyos would not hook the car at all especially at that MPH.

You will make great power and stay alive for a long time with a 125 shot which is what I would recommend. Change your fuel pump to a Walbro and go a stage cooler on your plugs. Always run 93 octane and if your budget allows run the lingenfelter timing retard LNC-2000? box. If you really want to protect your driveline use a progressive controller and have the nitrous engage slowly.

Quick Reply: Newbie Nx question