C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I wanna do meth!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 03:20 AM
2003blownz06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wanna do meth!!!!!!

IM getting everything ready for my v3 t trim install. My buddy has a shop and had a brand new snow performance single nozzle kit with upgraded 2.5 gallon tank laying around. I go help him out on occasions so he gave it to me as a token of appreciation . Questions- im not doing a meth dependent tune I just want around 650rwhp as SAFE as I can be with stock bottom end. Are most of you t trim/d1 guys running dual or single nozzle set ups? Also if single or dual what size nozzles are you running? Since my 03 z06 has the iat built into the MAF what are my options as far as running a stand alone iat set up? I already have the lingenfelter 100mm MAF but am waiting to install it when I put the kit on. Thanks for any help or suggestions I greatly appreciate it guys
Old 11-15-2013, 09:37 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003blownz06
IM getting everything ready for my v3 t trim install. My buddy has a shop and had a brand new snow performance single nozzle kit with upgraded 2.5 gallon tank laying around. I go help him out on occasions so he gave it to me as a token of appreciation . Questions- im not doing a meth dependent tune I just want around 650rwhp as SAFE as I can be with stock bottom end. Are most of you t trim/d1 guys running dual or single nozzle set ups? Also if single or dual what size nozzles are you running? Since my 03 z06 has the iat built into the MAF what are my options as far as running a stand alone iat set up? I already have the lingenfelter 100mm MAF but am waiting to install it when I put the kit on. Thanks for any help or suggestions I greatly appreciate it guys
I don't like that set up at all. Get the one from ECS and a double spray set up. Robert
Old 11-15-2013, 09:44 AM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
I don't like that set up at all. Get the one from ECS and a double spray set up. Robert
To many people have had issues with Snow, sell it and get an Alkey Control setup, best meth setup out there!

And a single nozzle (15) is plenty!
Old 11-15-2013, 10:10 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

It will work but the best kit out there right now is alky control. To put it simply put, the reason it's the best, is the pump.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Another vote for alky control. It's a bit more expensive, but WORTH IT. I also agree that you only need one nozzle if you are staying at 650WHP. You can easily upgrade to a dual nozzle setup if you decide to build the motor and go up and power; or, decide to make the tune more meth dependent.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:09 PM
p1bz
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That kit is just fine. I would get on McMaster Carr and order two nozzles. A M10, and an M15. 10 bucks will buy both. They are the same nozzles Alky Control uses. You can use the Push to connect lines, or get the hardlines also from Mcmaster carr.

That being said, if it were me. I would put it together with the kit as is and run 1 M15 nozzle.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:09 PM
2003blownz06
Instructor

Those who oppose the snow kit have you all actually used it?
Old 11-15-2013, 08:23 PM
MawneeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003blownz06
Those who oppose the snow kit have you all actually used it?
Probably not. This subforum in particular has a "nut swinging" gang mentallity that can be downright disturbing at times.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:04 PM
2003blownz06
Instructor

Originally Posted by MawneeC5
Probably not. This subforum in particular has a "nut swinging" gang mentallity that can be downright disturbing at times.
Is it part of the ecs bandwagon I keep hearing about?
Old 11-15-2013, 09:14 PM
p1bz
Burning Brakes

I have personally installed about 10-12 coolingmist 200dollar jobs from the auction site, and every single one of them work just fine.

I have built low pressure kits for N/A, nitrous carb, cars from parts from Northern Tool. It is not rocket science.

All you are paying for is a controller with the others, and since 95 percent of the people just turn them to max, that doesn't do any better than a 15 dollar hobbs switch.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:23 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Cant say I agree that all meth kits are created equal. Only pump ive seen that actually outputs what they are rated at is the alky control pump. Aem pump put out 150 psi on full tilt but was rated at 200 psi. The other two were even less.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:46 PM
p1bz
Burning Brakes

Completely dependant on Nozzle sizes. And I'm not sold on the more pressure is better anyways. I've run plenty of Shurflo 60 psi pumps, and the engines do not seem to care. It is the same results. Maybe so much atomization isn't needed.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:03 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Yes I did may just have been a bad one, Didnt run on the car but about 4 months. Plus just for you I dont swing from anyone NUTS ok. If the parts work buy them if not **** with them.

I have put and pulled more parts off my car than you paid & have in your car buddy. Just dont like someone making a remark like you did. All I did and other said here was I wouldnt buy it from past history. Robert
Old 11-15-2013, 11:34 PM
MawneeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

They are also highly defensive and aggressively defend the chosen bandwagon brands.....

Listen, what I said is my overall opinion of this subforum. Everytime I have asked a question about a particular part it has been met with a bunch of responses of "Buy this part!" and few answers to my actual questions. This isnt imagined. I mention I'm building a turbo setup.."Buy hinson hotside!". I ask about intercoolers.."Buy ECS!" . Meth injection? "buy Alky control!"

If someone asks "what do you use?" or "what do you think is best?" by all means. But often people are trying to sell members something when they are simply trying to get information.

Last edited by MawneeC5; 11-15-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:46 PM
narfdanarf
Pro

There is a lot of that with any brand of car and subforum you go to. That is why the innovators who try new things and test and revise their stuff will always rise to the top. Don't support the copy/paste.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:47 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by p1bz
Completely dependant on Nozzle sizes. And I'm not sold on the more pressure is better anyways. I've run plenty of Shurflo 60 psi pumps, and the engines do not seem to care. It is the same results. Maybe so much atomization isn't needed.
Agreed to a point but I don't care what nozzle size you run a 50 psi difference isnt nozzle size issue.

They absolutely care when you start making power.

Between my current ride and two previous cars I've literally wasted tons of money on various methanol injection systems and ran cooling mist, AIS, devils own, AEM, and alky control. None of which perform as well as the alky control system. The closest was the AEM kit.

all in all for the op im sure the kit he's going to get for free will be fine but its definitely not optimum
Old 11-16-2013, 02:10 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

They are also highly defensive and aggressively defend the chosen bandwagon brands.....

Listen, what I said is my overall opinion of this subforum. Everytime I have asked a question about a particular part it has been met with a bunch of responses of "Buy this part!" and few answers to my actual questions. This isnt imagined. I mention I'm building a turbo setup.."Buy hinson hotside!". I ask about intercoolers.."Buy ECS!" . Meth injection? "buy Alky control!"

If someone asks "what do you use?" or "what do you think is best?" by all means. But often people are trying to sell members something when they are simply trying to get information.

I get where your coming from but it's
Probsbly because we see the same threads come up all the time and we have all tried everything.

You wont see this guy suggesting turbo chargers for corvettes because I have zero experience with them on corvettes, with in reason anyway.

My favorite threads are the ones where a guy says I want to supercharge my car and make "insert crazy number here" on a virtually stock drive line.

So I think you're a little off when you say member's are trying to sell other members something. I think its safe to say that most of us could care less what parts someone ends up with as long as they're happy. But isn't that what the forums are about? You know. .. help someone make the best decision possible so they don't spend money two or three times?

oh to the op It may be cheaper for you to go to a two bar speed density tune and eliminate the maf all together. With that said the tan and purple wires running into your maf sensor connector are your iat wires. Cut them solder an aftermarket pig tail on and mount a gm thread in sensor where you want.

I have part numbers if you want.

Get notified of new replies

To I wanna do meth!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2013, 08:16 AM
daws222000
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with what your saying to a extent. Most people don't have the time, ability, or money to waste to do r&d. Very few of us do all are own builds. So the majority of the people want the best bang for there buck and what's proven to work. As far is what your talking about yup I got the Hinson kit (changed the hot side a bit) got rid of the a2w cooler and put a ecs on, had a snow, and aem meth kit, wasn't happy with them went to alky control. Is there better stuff out there or can there be I'm sure but it cost lots of money to find out. Education is not cheap now a days.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:21 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by daws222000
I agree with what your saying to a extent. Most people don't have the time, ability, or money to waste to do r&d. Very few of us do all are own builds. So the majority of the people want the best bang for there buck and what's proven to work. As far is what your talking about yup I got the Hinson kit (changed the hot side a bit) got rid of the a2w cooler and put a ecs on, had a snow, and aem meth kit, wasn't happy with them went to alky control. Is there better stuff out there or can there be I'm sure but it cost lots of money to find out. Education is not cheap now a days.
well put but to the other guy yes I have a ECS parts on my car. ECS to me makes the biggest intercooler out on the market without having to cut into your frame rail. Plus best price for the buck made very good, The meth system also came from Doug best price and system out here.
So far with me Doug has always shot me like it was and has stand behind his parts. Also Andy at A/A you will not find any better guy in this forum if on the west coast will not go wrong here.
Again alot of part for sell in this forum that dont work good at all on the c5 set up just remember that.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

I run dual nozzle alky control kit. Pushing 100% meth through it and it's treated me good.

Quick Reply: I wanna do meth!!!!!!