C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In Defense of Water Injection

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 08:17 PM
joshtownsend
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Envied_Z
Can I quote you on this?

Let me guess, you spent some money at a shop to go fast, they told you to do something, you did it, and now you think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread?

I work with 4500 hp blown alchohol motors for a living...I think I can handle a little street motor but thanks for your input
haha are you kidding me hoss?? Do you know who your talking too??

I didn't know changing tires on a race car qualifies you to build a car.. but yes.. quote me on it.. and do some searching.. see if i have ever asking any shop to do work on my car??
Old 12-26-2013, 08:18 PM
joshtownsend
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Don't go acting like you could afford his setup at 75% off Josh. You know you don't wanna sell house for it. It'll be too hard to get those rusted wheels back on it anyways.
I never took them off.. i just skirted around them and the tongue
Old 12-26-2013, 11:21 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by joshtownsend
I never took them off.. i just skirted around them and the tongue
Good idea. You've always been so creative.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:44 AM
PhysicsDude55
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Something like this?

Wouldn't meth "pool" in the intake runners/intake valve with a setup like this? Wouldn't you want a fuel injector to only inject meth during the intake stroke of each cylinder?

Not trying to be a smarta$$, just wondering.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:31 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Even with fuel it isnt uncommon to inject against a closed valve under heavy load.

And batch fire systems do that anyway, and I'm sure a carb setup would to a degree too.

Fully sequential timed injection is more cirtical with regards to emissions than making power.

I'd say most methanol would be evaporating as soon as it leaves the nozzle anyway though.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:36 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Even with fuel it isnt uncommon to inject against a closed valve under heavy load.

I'd say most methanol would be evaporating as soon as it leaves the nozzle anyway though.
And sitting on the back of the intake valve will help pull heat out of it to extend its life.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:43 AM
Envied_Z
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

haha are you kidding me hoss?? Do you know who your talking too??

I didn't know changing tires on a race car qualifies you to build a car.. but yes.. quote me on it.. and do some searching.. see if i have ever asking any shop to do work on my car??
No I don't know who I'm talking to. And I can tell you don't either.

Then please tell me how a 427 with low compression, big heads, big cam, with an F2 is gonna struggle to make power

But yeah that picture is a little like I'm gonna do. I'm gonna try to make mine a little closer to the head and look a little cleaner though but that does look sweet!
Old 12-27-2013, 09:47 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by PhysicsDude55
Wouldn't meth "pool" in the intake runners/intake valve with a setup like this? Wouldn't you want a fuel injector to only inject meth during the intake stroke of each cylinder?

Not trying to be a smarta$$, just wondering.

No because at the time it's flowing, the airflow threw the engine is so high that it couldn't if it wanted too. The normal injectors are firing nearly constant at that time as well.

Good question though.

Forgot to mention, this car picked up 49 rwhp from switching to this set up from a dual nozzle, no other changes.

If anyone is interested in one, we make the hoses here, and have the rest of the parts on hand, so I can send out the the parts and you can give me hose lengths for a custom install.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:50 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by Envied_Z
No I don't know who I'm talking to. And I can tell you don't either.

Then please tell me how a 427 with low compression, big heads, big cam, with an F2 is gonna struggle to make power

But yeah that picture is a little like I'm gonna do. I'm gonna try to make mine a little closer to the head and look a little cleaner though but that does look sweet!

The compression is a little low for a SC street motor, but I highly doubt it will struggle to make power. If you bumped up compression a bit your low end will feel a lot better for normal street driving and you'll make more power. Sounds like a nice build either way though.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:11 AM
joshtownsend
Melting Slicks

The compression is a little low for a SC street motor, but I highly doubt it will struggle to make power. If you bumped up compression a bit your low end will feel a lot better for normal street driving and you'll make more power. Sounds like a nice build either way though.
oh it will make decent power... and it would be great... for a tractor pulling contest.. he better start practicing his speech

" well, i was coming.. if i had a little bit more time, i would have had you" haha
Old 12-27-2013, 11:33 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

No because at the time it's flowing, the airflow threw the engine is so high that it couldn't if it wanted too. The normal injectors are firing nearly constant at that time as well.

Good question though.

Forgot to mention, this car picked up 49 rwhp from switching to this set up from a dual nozzle, no other changes.

If anyone is interested in one, we make the hoses here, and have the rest of the parts on hand, so I can send out the the parts and you can give me hose lengths for a custom install.
Anything in particular you'd put the power increase down to ?

Did you end up injecting the same amount of meth overall, or more ?

Did you retain any nozzles pre TB ?
Old 12-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

The reason we knew we needed this mod was from running a Haltech ECU with 8 EGT's. We noticed that this car with two 15lb nozzles (1050rwhp) had a temp difference of over 300* from the front cylinders to the back.
1000 rwhp and 8 EGT's do sound like a nice setup.

Shouldn't that be S.O.P. anyway? Or maybe it has been so for a quite a long time for over 1000 rwhp cars?
Old 12-27-2013, 01:40 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Anything in particular you'd put the power increase down to ?

Did you end up injecting the same amount of meth overall, or more ?

Did you retain any nozzles pre TB ?

More even cylinder distribution mainly. I have two -3 nozzles where the original twin nozzles were, and -3's in each cylinder, adding up to the exact same size it was before. Fueling should have been identical basically but it ended running much richer because we finalized the cog driven/flip drive, so now it actually holds voltage at WOT. I have adjusted the tune for low voltage issues, but the difference in fueling etc from having over 13v at WOT is huge.

Lots of cool new ECS products coming out this spring, I have just been very inundated with the C7 charger kit so I have not had time to post them up, or make them if the orders came in.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:46 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

More even cylinder distribution mainly. I have two -3 nozzles where the original twin nozzles were, and -3's in each cylinder, adding up to the exact same size it was before. Fueling should have been identical basically but it ended running much richer because we finalized the cog driven/flip drive, so now it actually holds voltage at WOT. I have adjusted the tune for low voltage issues, but the difference in fueling etc from having over 13v at WOT is huge.

Lots of cool new ECS products coming out this spring, I have just been very inundated with the C7 charger kit so I have not had time to post them up, or make them if the orders came in.
Excuses excuses...
Old 12-27-2013, 02:05 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Excuses excuses...

I've been driving around in a supercharged C7, how's your car?
Old 12-27-2013, 02:23 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Sick burn!!! ITS ALIVE!!!

Way to rub it in!!! have y'all posted progress of your C7 kit?
Old 12-27-2013, 02:44 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Sick burn!!! ITS ALIVE!!!

Way to rub it in!!! have y'all posted progress of your C7 kit?

Check out C7 tech. Headers going in as I type this.

Get notified of new replies

To In Defense of Water Injection

Old 12-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by p1bz
Stroker motors aren't worth the hassle in a light, effiecient corvette. A 750whp setup with 1000-1200 more useable rpm will run and hide from a 1000whp stoker that is rpm limited.
Not sure I agree with this statement. If you are talking about from a dig, on the street, then I can see your point. But from a highway roll or on a prepped surface, I don't see a stock cube 750whp setup running away from a 1Kwhp stroker setup.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:30 PM
joshtownsend
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Y2KRoadster
Not sure I agree with this statement. If you are talking about from a dig, on the street, then I can see your point. But from a highway roll or on a prepped surface, I don't see a stock cube 750whp setup running away from a 1Kwhp stroker setup.
come on down to TXk14 and watch for yourself... it happens everyday!!! haha
Old 12-28-2013, 12:39 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

come on down to TXk14 and watch for yourself... it happens everyday!!! haha
Josh, love ya to death bro but, if a car has 250 more whp and better power across the rpm range, the only factor would be traction. From a roll, I just don't see a 750whp car walking away from a 1K whp car if traction is good on both ends.

Maybe people completely screw up the setup/tune/etc...or maybe there are some **** poor drivers at TX2K that can't handle a 1K car. However, properly driven and setup...a 408ci car with 1K whp will rape a 347 car with 750whp.

Quick Reply: In Defense of Water Injection