C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fore 10 micron Stainless Filter - anyone use it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 02:14 PM
JDS99
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Fore 10 micron Stainless Filter - anyone use it?

This would be more for the custom fuel system guys in here. I know Moran makes a VERY expensive 10 micron stainless filter for the billet atomizer injectors. I just came across this though and wonder if anyone is running it. Seems like a large enough element to not collapse, and reasonably priced. Haven't seem these used in here, so thought I would bring it up.

Looks like they rate them to 2500hp, and are obviously E85 compatible. Pretty slick bracket too

Last edited by JDS99; 03-16-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:31 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Nice looking piece.

What are they claiming filtration wise for each media ? ie paper and stainless in 10, 30, 40, other ?
Old 03-16-2014, 04:34 PM
digivex
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you meant to say Moran (not Morel) ???

Comparing:

https://www.moranmotorsports.com/pro...ilter-assembly

... to this

http://www.foreinnovations.com/Produ...uctCode=16-900

And quite a price difference.

Although I'm not planning to run Q16 or E85, I would prefer to run stainless filters. It's pretty easy to find stainless on the 100 micron side (pre-pump) but not as easy on the other (10 micron) side.

I was planning to use the Aeromotive 12301 with paper for use with C16 through some Billet Atomizer injectors, but may give the Fore a try.

So, although I'm not able to answer your question (yet), I do appreciate the find

Last edited by digivex; 03-16-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:48 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by digivex

Comparing:

... to this

Although I'm not planning to run Q16 or E85, I would prefer to run stainless filters. It's pretty easy to find stainless on the 10 micron side (pre-pump) but not as easy on the other (100 micron) side.

I was planning to use the Aeromotive 12301 with paper for use with C16 through some Billet Atomizer injectors, but may give the Fore a try.

So, although I'm not able to answer your question (yet), I do appreciate the find
It's easy to find 100 micron stainless, arent most filters that size stainless ?
I know for sure Aeromotive and Holley do them, as Ive used them.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:55 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

It's pretty easy to find stainless on the 10 micron side (pre-pump) but not as easy on the other (100 micron) side.

no ya didnt lol
Old 03-16-2014, 05:11 PM
JDS99
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Comparing:

... to this

Although I'm not planning to run Q16 or E85, I would prefer to run stainless filters. It's pretty easy to find stainless on the 10 micron side (pre-pump) but not as easy on the other (100 micron) side.

Whoops, yes meant Moran not Morel... injectors, not lifters. My bad. Always get the names mixed up.

Weldon makes a pretty nice 100 micron stainless for under $100.

I'm reworking some of my fuel system and just ordered one of these Fore 10 micron in stainless with bracket.

Looks like they have a pretty badass fuel setup for the top mount tanks. From Google searches it looks like they're pretty popular on Ford's, etc.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:20 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

I know it's been a long winter and we're all waiting around to get back out and enjoy some warm weather, but are you cocky by nature or just a ball buster in general?

As for the Fore, I've decided to give it a try
Who's being cocky ? I was just stating facts.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:22 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

I run an Aeromotive 100 micron on my custom fuel system, I'd be nervous to go down to 10 for fear of constriction...
Old 03-16-2014, 05:34 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jbsblownc5
I run an Aeromotive 100 micron on my custom fuel system, I'd be nervous to go down to 10 for fear of constriction...
On the pressure side, there would be no worries.

If they were before the pump/pumps, then maybe.

I run a single Holley 40 micron before each 044 pump. Never bothered with any after the pumps
Old 03-16-2014, 05:58 PM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JDS: something similer fuel filter Arun used on his vette, cant remember the brand or i did not pay attention except looking at that nice pretty looking piece, never saw a anodized red color exceptional quality FF before.

May be you can pm him or let him chime in.....the one you posted pretty close looking to what he installed on his vette.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:50 PM
digivex
Drifting

Originally Posted by JDS99
Whoops, yes meant Moran not Morel... injectors, not lifters. My bad. Always get the names mixed up.

Weldon makes a pretty nice 100 micron stainless for under $100.

I'm reworking some of my fuel system and just ordered one of these Fore 10 micron in stainless with bracket.

Looks like they have a pretty badass fuel setup for the top mount tanks. From Google searches it looks like they're pretty popular on Ford's, etc.
I started to get confused as well and deleted a post about an Aeromotive, thinking it was 10, but it's 100.

As for the 10, I'm aware of another in SS: http://performancefuelsystems.com/products.htm -- But, don't know much else about it

I'm the the process of upgrading my fuel system. We're fabricating a fuel cell that fits in the stock C5 fuel tank location with room underneath for the pump (an Aeromotive Pro series) and the pre-filter... So, with limited space, I needed a 100 micron that was not enormous and will be using a Peterson 600 series (which is SS). I'll replace the 10 paper I mentioned earlier with that Fore-10, post-pump.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:21 PM
digivex
Drifting

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Who's being cocky ? I was just stating facts.
You're correct... That was my bad and I apologize. I just went back and edited my post since I fat fingered the "10" and "100" -- fixed

My apologies
Old 03-16-2014, 07:38 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

I run a Fuel Lab 6 micron with an integrated check valve.

You need a 100 micron to protect the pump and 10 to protect the injectors. All fuel pumps that I'm aware of are poor suckers and far better pushers. As for the lower micron being a restriction, it is, so the fix for that is to get a filter with a lot of real estate.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:58 PM
slow ride
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the Fuel Lab 5" body 6 micron fiberglass filter setup also. Of course my car doesn't run yet
Old 03-16-2014, 07:58 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

But given the flow claims of most such filters...even as a pre-filter, as long as there is a good free gravity feed to it, it should be more than capable.

I opted for the -12 265gph 40micron filter before each pump.

If it can flow that amount even on the pressure side, when handling a fraction of that flow, it should still be more than adequate on the gravity side.

Of any filters Ive used, the Holley billet's are probably the smallest externally which is handy. Just slightly smaller than the Aeromotives.

Before that, I ran my pair of 044's with only a single 100 Micron Aeromotive filter for about 4-5 years. Never had any issues.

Either way, if you go big on filter capacity, you know you're safe.

Another filter option although not cheap http://www.fstperformance.com/

Packaging might suit some installs better than others. Are they just a glorified oil filter though ?
Old 03-16-2014, 08:21 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
But given the flow claims of most such filters...even as a pre-filter, as long as there is a good free gravity feed to it, it should be more than capable.

I opted for the -12 265gph 40micron filter before each pump.

If it can flow that amount even on the pressure side, when handling a fraction of that flow, it should still be more than adequate on the gravity side.

Of any filters Ive used, the Holley billet's are probably the smallest externally which is handy. Just slightly smaller than the Aeromotives.

Before that, I ran my pair of 044's with only a single 100 Micron Aeromotive filter for about 4-5 years. Never had any issues.

Either way, if you go big on filter capacity, you know you're safe.

Another filter option although not cheap http://www.fstperformance.com/

Packaging might suit some installs better than others. Are they just a glorified oil filter though ?
I agree on the packaging comment. I'm running that Holley 265GPH 100 micron on the input due to it's nice dimensions and I'm running this filter on the current customer project.
It's 9" long for lots of what I call "real estate". the nice part about it is that it tucks away nicely in the rocker panel.
"glorified oil filter"? in some cases, I'm sure they are. My 6 micron is some kind of stainless mesh. I'm running the Moran Billet Atomizer injectors on my next project and have heard complaints of the injectors leaking. The thing I've discovered is that their copper seats are soft and any small particles getting caught on that seat will cause the leak and a good post-pump filter will solve the issue.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:50 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
I'm running the Moran Billet Atomizer injectors on my next project and have heard complaints of the injectors leaking. The thing I've discovered is that their copper seats are soft and any small particles getting caught on that seat will cause the leak and a good post-pump filter will solve the issue.
Bret, where did you get the info on Moran Billet Atomizer injectors leaking?

Get notified of new replies

To Fore 10 micron Stainless Filter - anyone use it?

Old 03-16-2014, 09:12 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
Bret, where did you get the info on Moran Billet Atomizer injectors leaking?
I heard a few people say it after I bought mine and became worried. When we were at the LS fest, I noticed them on Atomic Fusion's car and had a chat with his tuner about them. He said they had a problem with them too. As I'm sure you're aware, the injectors are rebuildable and when they got them apart the seats had indentions from particles. Moran explained that the seats are soft told them to put a good 10 micron filter post-pump. Since then, they haven't had an issue.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:30 PM
JDS99
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the posts guys. Interesting to hear what some of you run. Doesn't seem like it's a topic discussed much at all.

After dropping the driveline twice and having to drain fuel for the balance line run across them, i've put both pumps in the drivers side tank and plumbed the siphoning system back up. Had Russel stainless 40 micron filters after each pump before, but was always a little worried about them not filtering well enough. Not running E85 right now, but if I ever got the itch I wanted to maintain compatibility and have better filtration as well.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:43 PM
slow ride
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I know the siphoning system needs the check that is in the stock feed line otherwise the system will bleed down through the orifice when the pumps are off. I ran my 255 through the stock line up to the filter area (99'-02' system) and added a -6 bulkhead to the plate for my 400 to run through by itself. They Y together at in the fuel filter area and go -8 to the filter.

Quick Reply: Fore 10 micron Stainless Filter - anyone use it?