C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proflow intake install with pics. I just did this

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 10:38 AM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by regorih
Both intakes come pre drilled for an ls2 TB. I opped to stay with the ls1 TB because I dirent want to have a mis matched TB to my car. I've read where ls2 TB are not as responsive on 1999 cars even after they have been calibrated with HP tuners. Also, since the ls1 top bolt hole is like 1/2" taller than the ls2 TB it was hitting on my hood when I closed it making to hood bulg around that contact point. This is what I came up with and it's working better than I expected.
My mods are definitely not for the faint of heart. At the end of the day the TB mod was only made to accommodate hood clearance issues
your approach was better than mine. I had to cutoff the ls1 higher bolt extension on the intake I had, then I had to slot mill my ls2 throttle body lower holes to fit the intakes drilled/threaded pattern. No issues at all though on my 01. I ordered the wrong intake, thats why I had to do my modifications.

how about some hood pics though regorih?
Old 04-11-2014, 09:04 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

subscribed for results
Old 04-21-2016, 11:19 AM
regorih
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Default results are in.........kind of

I know it's been a little of more than two years since I've done anything significant to my car and some of you guys wanted to know the results of the proflow intake. I got super busy with life, AKA- got married, bought a new home, and went back to school for a new career path (process operator if anyone can help in that area).

Well, yesterday my buddy was getting his car lined out on the dyno before some issues prevented him from finishing up his tuning session. He was able to get some data and the power curve looks so damn beautiful

His setup is basically an LS engine, procharger, and the PROFLOW intake manifold.

Compare his power curve to mine (LS6 intake) and you'll see that it never nose dive down. In fact,it continues to go up! Unfortunately, his issued prevented him from finishing up the tunning session and completing a full pull to 7,000 rpms.

I'll let graph speak for itself.

This is un corrected

corrected

Last edited by regorih; 04-21-2016 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:06 PM
ITSQUIK
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

That intake manifold is SO sexy!!

Sure wish something like that would fit under the stock hood or someone gave me a Nassau Blue cowl hood.....hahah
Old 04-21-2016, 08:44 PM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Heres a turbo comparison, 18#'s falling down a little over 6k rpms

Last edited by JoeyG; 04-21-2016 at 08:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Proflow intake install with pics. I just did this