C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess I am starting to go a little overboard. PICS.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 07:48 PM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by Smoove
You da man Joey.

How do you like that unit? Have you used one?

Thanks bro. I dunno if I would wanna do that but, super cool of you.
I use one on my turbo truck and haven't had any issues. I was gonna put it on my Vette, but it makes so much torque I'm worried about destroying the clutch/torque tube/differential.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:48 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeyG
I use one on my turbo truck and haven't had any issues. I was gonna put it on my Vette, but it makes so much torque I'm worried about destroying the clutch/torque tube/differential.
Nice lol. Been there, done that!
Old 09-22-2014, 04:29 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Dump tubes...done. Now just gotta get coated...which is gonna suck to cover up these gorgeous welds.

Anyways...progress. THINKING about making my midpipes out of aluminum, like the axle back. Just wanna pause on the money spending though at the moment. Even though I supply this stuff...STILL is expensive lol. Anyways, few pics to keep up with the updates.

..more pics in process of being uploaded....will post more in a few.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:40 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great ! I am glad I am not the only person that looks at a project and says"Hey,lets take a brand new part,modify it,spend 3 times more $$$ and put it back" Yep,thats the ticket ! Think Im gonna just send you mine to finish up and take care of all those pesky details ! You do nice work,cant wait to see it hit the road !
Old 09-22-2014, 04:43 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

New bov location

New high pressure clamps...plus the plate that gets all kinds of love...

My 2 loves...

WG dumps....

A nice surprise...broken *** end links...I NEED new sway bars anyways but..

and I love my V band exhaust....so easy to remove....

Last edited by Smoove; 09-22-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:44 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by highpockets
Looks great ! I am glad I am not the only person that looks at a project and says"Hey,lets take a brand new part,modify it,spend 3 times more $$$ and put it back" Yep,thats the ticket ! Think Im gonna just send you mine to finish up and take care of all those pesky details ! You do nice work,cant wait to see it hit the road !

Thank you man, I really...WE(a mouse in my pocket) really appreciate that! At this stage...a little extra time down,..is worth it.

Gonna try for the Florida Half mile race in January to get the car out and rolling.

Thanks again bro, I do appreciate it. Send that baby down anytime you want lol!

Old 10-20-2014, 12:21 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

So... as mentioned, had to remove drivetrain for pilot bearing issue..and balancer concern. So...out she comes,...again.

This C6 SFI BELLHOUSING is for sale

Starting to run the HARD LINES....while everything is out of the car(part of the plan). The small stuff is easy...these are just preliminary routing exercises...

The big stuff...sucks to work with...at least with this big *** tool. I need a tighter radius for sure. Suggestions?

Z06 diff/ZR1 trans/ cooler lines Fragola/Diff/trans cooler makco

Starting to get most of the stuff back from ceramic coating..here are the dump tubes...

Looks sick...

...last, pulled out the injectors...the HOLLEY 120 low impedance injectors(8)..they have ONLY been used to idle...been sitting for a year so I dropped them off at Wilson Manifolds for inspection...they are in perfect shape, put new filters on them just cause. Brand new...$400 shipped
Old 10-20-2014, 02:17 PM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

You're making more progress than me Jaime
Old 10-28-2014, 01:22 PM
TracyRR
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks great smoove!!
Old 11-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JoeyG
You're making more progress than me Jaime
Thanks J,..kinda feel like I am going backwards most days.

Originally Posted by TracyRR
Looks great smoove!!
Much appreciated Tracy.

Got a few things back from powder coating.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Old 11-06-2014, 01:21 PM
WrEcKeD1101
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Smoove.....I am running into a problem where my axel back exhaust is not working with the c6 cradle. Have you run into this??? I think the problem is the cradle has parts that stick out and hit the exhaust to the point of possibly modifying the exhaust.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by WrEcKeD1101
Hey Smoove.....I am running into a problem where my axel back exhaust is not working with the c6 cradle. Have you run into this??? I think the problem is the cradle has parts that stick out and hit the exhaust to the point of possibly modifying the exhaust.
I heard of people having problems with the TR6060 in C5's. I was worried about this myself cause I just spent the money and all this time building the aluminum exhaust. Truthfully, out of all the issues, that ended up not being one of them. I run 3" custom, not a off the shelf kit so maybe that was the difference.

99 problems but my exhaust ain't one lol. Sucks you're having some issues. Anyone that has experience with the 6060 and an exhaust problem that wrecked is having, feel free to post it up in here, I don't mind.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

...and on a side note, we finished up the LT4 car. Mostly anyways. LS coil conversion....aluminum exhaust.

Stock cam.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:54 PM
b16gsr
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I heard of people having problems with the TR6060 in C5's. I was worried about this myself cause I just spent the money and all this time building the aluminum exhaust. Truthfully, out of all the issues, that ended up not being one of them. I run 3" custom, not a off the shelf kit so maybe that was the difference.

99 problems but my exhaust ain't one lol. Sucks you're having some issues. Anyone that has experience with the 6060 and an exhaust problem that wrecked is having, feel free to post it up in here, I don't mind.
You have to add 2.5" to the top of the over the axle pipe.

...and on a side note, we finished up the LT4 car. Mostly anyways. LS coil conversion....aluminum exhaust.

Stock cam.

DUDE that thing sounds killer. Love the coil conversion, looks killer.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by b16gsr
You have to add 2.5" to the top of the over the axle pipe.

DUDE that thing sounds killer. Love the coil conversion, looks killer.

Thanks Nick! That's my cousins LT4 when he was 19 year old and working full time. He got rid of it in 02 to afford the Z06. I then found the car, we tracked it down, and he was able to buy it back many years later. It wasn't as clean, as he left it. SO we did a lot to clean it up, rebuilt the motor,...pretty much the whole car. It gets a LOT of attention.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:37 PM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Love the turbo build, so much attn. to detail, awesome job!!
What clutch are you using ?

Get notified of new replies

To Guess I am starting to go a little overboard. PICS.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:28 PM
slow ride
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice work on all the c5 stuff. So with that coil conversion on the c4 does it still run the stock pcm I take it? That car sounds great, does it have many mods, what's it put down?
Old 11-17-2014, 04:50 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LedfootLarry
Love the turbo build, so much attn. to detail, awesome job!!
What clutch are you using ?
Thank you. This time around, I really am trying to be as detailed as possible,...streamlining where I can. By far, the toughest job ever. I think I'll always be trying to "finish" it but,..in reality,..I don't think my budget will allow for a while lol.

I have had many clutch setups in the car, the most current, and this time around, as well as hopefully the last clutch I ever buy..this one I have now is a quad carbon TILTON Engineering clutch... about 7.5 inches. It weighs 14.7lbs with a flywheel.

Next to my exoskel triple disc...which weighs 44lbs.

Thank you for the compliments, I do appreciate them.

Originally Posted by slow ride
Nice work on all the c5 stuff. So with that coil conversion on the c4 does it still run the stock pcm I take it? That car sounds great, does it have many mods, what's it put down?

Thanks!(C5)

On the C4, it is a NON selective ride control car( I wanna say Z51 vs the FE4??) so we have had no issues converting over from leaf spring to the coilovers on this car. This is currently, a stock PCM car,..with possible plans to convert to the LS operating system(pcm). We'll see as time goes.

Mods list would be pretty long. We do not have any dyno numbers with this car. It has been a MAJOR nightmare to be honest.. failure after the other of *NEW*(never ever worked) parts. Maybe 5 optical sensors out of opti spraks...etc. I/we figure maybe a 400rwhp setup. We plan to do some fun track days in it so it has new bushings as well.

Fun car,..gets a lot of attention. I guess C4's can be cool, lol.

Getting there...more surprises to come in the next few weeks.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:55 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Man your car is looking good ! Im liking all the little details,powdercoat and the updated clamps on the cold side,very nice work as always. I like how you did the exhaust over the trans with what looks to be V-bands to facilitate install/removal of the tailpipes,looks like a good winter update for mine as I HATE those pipes with the little bit of extension needed for the C6 rear setup. Keep on trucking,Im gonna enjoy your build til things warm up a bit here and I can uncover my car and play some more.

Quick Reply: Guess I am starting to go a little overboard. PICS.