C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess I am starting to go a little overboard. PICS.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by highpockets
Man your car is looking good ! Im liking all the little details,powdercoat and the updated clamps on the cold side,very nice work as always. I like how you did the exhaust over the trans with what looks to be V-bands to facilitate install/removal of the tailpipes,looks like a good winter update for mine as I HATE those pipes with the little bit of extension needed for the C6 rear setup. Keep on trucking,Im gonna enjoy your build til things warm up a bit here and I can uncover my car and play some more.
I appreciate that man, very much. I'm doing what I can within my means, sucks I don't have more to dump into it but, I'd really like to drive this thing before 2020. Little by little, I'm getting there. Thanks for the props!!!!

Good eye with the Vband setup, you're correct. From the turbos back it's all Vbanded. What a difference in EVERYTHING. From installing by myself, to clocking. Ever get crooked pipes? Vbands will likely allow you to tweak/adjust piping to the level you want. It really is the way to go, it ends up taking a lot of the guess work out of installing everything back together. No bolts to find,..no gaskets to line up...it's the way to go for sure.

The compressor side clamps,...dude, I absolutley love these things. I could rant and rave about them but, ultimately, it'll sound like I am trying to sell something lol. They're made local(florida), they're WAY less then wiggins, and the functionailty of them is flawless. It's hard to beat them. ProLine puts them on all of their builds if anyone wants to ask if they hold up or work. We tested to over 150psi and ran out of shop pressure. One of the coolest things I have done on the car for sure.

If you ever need anything,...let me know dude. Always happy to help out when I can. Thanks again bro.

-J
Old 11-19-2014, 10:00 PM
TracyRR
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks great smoove!!
Old 11-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TracyRR
Looks great smoove!!
Thank you Tracy, much appreciated
Old 11-20-2014, 01:32 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 959 Likes on 571 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Everything looks fantastic! I love the attention to detail. Can't wait to see and hear the finished product.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:02 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by meadowz06
Everything looks fantastic! I love the attention to detail. Can't wait to see and hear the finished product.

Thank you Meadow, I appreciate the compliments. I honestly can't wait either. It's been such a long, rough road.

I didn't get anything done on mine last weekend but I did work on the F1x car and also got the old blue C5R car almost together. Just waiting on a slave cylinder. It's a direct port spray car. It's been apart for about 5 years....just haven't had time...or the money for these multiple projects. We'll have this one running soon though. This car has been with us since day one....like mine, always on street duty but it did click off some 10sec et's on muscle alone but, the car is FAST. Really excited about it.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:07 AM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Smoove, you seem to run Fikse wheels on these cars, I think they look great. I would love to get a set sometime.
Are you using mini-tubs ?

Last edited by LedfootLarry; 11-21-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LedfootLarry
Smoove, you seem to run Fikse wheels on these cars, I think they look great. I would love to get a set sometime.
Are you using mini-tubs ?

You'd be correct Larry. We've been going to road racing events since we were kids,..I remembered seeing just about every car running them. We've been dreaming of our cars with them ever since. I figured there was something to them,...durable, rebuildable, and they look sick(imo). We have 3 sets, two Fm5's(black ones on the blue car) and 1 set of the profile 5s(my car). We bought them from the original FIKSE. I think they have been bought by company but, kept the name/operation.

These cars are mini tub'd. Blue car is a lingenfelter kit, mine I just did myself one day. I need to re-do mine but, overall, not a bad job.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:40 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Buddy car looks good, Plus nice clean shop you guys have to work on stuff..
Old 11-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by robert miller
Buddy car looks good, Plus nice clean shop you guys have to work on stuff..
Thanks hoss. We try and keep that place as clean as possible. It's just a private work garage, where we build our own stuff..or store things lol. I have lots of pics of that place if anyone wanted to see what else was lurking inside. Mostly all GM classics, and then our junk.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:47 PM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I remember a pic you sent and there were cars literally on the walls and overhangs
Old 11-24-2014, 12:21 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JoeyG
I remember a pic you sent and there were cars literally on the walls and overhangs
mostly old pics

Old 11-25-2014, 06:57 AM
540i 6spd
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Look forward to seeing the completed project. You have some made skills!!
Old 11-25-2014, 10:39 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 540i 6spd
Look forward to seeing the completed project. You have some made skills!!

Thank you, I can't wait myself.
Thank you for the compliment, much appreciated. I hope not to disappoint when it's all said and done.

-J
Old 12-02-2014, 02:10 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Default ttt

You guys suck buddy Really nice shop like I said before, looks like a lot of work being done.Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 12-02-2014 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

You guys suck buddy Really nice shop like I said before, looks like a lot of work being done.Robert
lol.

When...if and when,...we get all these cars done....we might something lol.

Cars to finish hopefully this year(at least 3 of them in the next 3 months)
Solid roller TA
C5R Z06
C5 TT
C6 F1X

Not enough time,..money, or hands.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:33 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Smoove
lol.

When...if and when,...we get all these cars done....we might something lol.

Cars to finish hopefully this year(at least 3 of them in the next 3 months)
Solid roller TA
C5R Z06
C5 TT
C6 F1X

Not enough time,..money, or hands.
I know how the time and money crap is man. Working 45 plus hours a week then the money seems to never be enough for the next job on the car. ARE THE HONEY TO DO LIST.

I am having to save up over the winter for the next toy to play with without the wifey knowing about it. I am just glad she don't like car or knows nothing about them. She only thinks I have put loud mufflers on my car
Old 12-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

I know how the time and money crap is man. Working 45 plus hours a week then the money seems to never be enough for the next job on the car. ARE THE HONEY TO DO LIST.

I am having to save up over the winter for the next toy to play with without the wifey knowing about it. I am just glad she don't like car or knows nothing about them. She only thinks I have put loud mufflers on my car

I'll have to send a detailed letter to the house.

I am now open to bribes.

Quick Reply: Guess I am starting to go a little overboard. PICS.