C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pulley alignment

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 01:08 PM
StealthFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Default pulley alignment

ok guys, i decided to check the alignment again and either something changed or i just got lucky with the first 10 rib belt. i calibrated the laser with the method in brets thread and used a 48" level. i then went out to the car found its way off but im not sure how to fix it, it has me a little confused as to what it means. here are some pics/video
i see no way possible to shoot from the crank to the blower pulley without pulling the water pump which is imposible to do

video 1

video 2

Last edited by StealthFRC; 05-10-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:51 PM
StealthFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

To me it looks like its 1 rib off. I put a washer on each spacer that is equal to 1 rib and now laser lines up with the ridge of the very middle of the pulley which seems right to me?

im going to put a 8 rib belt if the very middle of the pulley and see if it jumps, if not ill then try a 10 rib... only problem is it takes 2 people to put a belt on and all my friends are busy and my gf isnt strong enough to hold the tensioner open lol

Last edited by StealthFRC; 05-10-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:41 AM
Phiber Optik
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just shredded my first belt and I got the dayco alignment tool which shoots a line, it's great, I found my issue was the power steering pulley wasn't pulled onto the pump shaft far enough.

Get notified of new replies

To pulley alignment

Quick Reply: pulley alignment