C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want FI. Here's your chance. Going back stock!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 03:05 PM
liveaboard74
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want FI. Here's your chance. Going back stock!

Posted this in here first before the, For Sale part cause if someone is interested its a way to get into Blown and power fast with a lot of good parts.

I just don't have time for the vette any more. Travel with the job, Things changed company lost the contract we had so having to stay on the road more.
Car hauler....
Its all I can do to play with the other two toys, the bass boat and the dragster and GF helps me with the racing which I have got big into and her fun is the fishing and laying out on that water so the vette ,, sits.
Saturn sky does to. Looking to sell the sky and tinkering with some idea's on the vette.

Bought a Cadillac at the sale so GF would have something she feels comfortable if her car went down and she won't drive the vette or the Saturn Sky that is superchaged. She can't see out of that one. . LOL
Clutch is 800hp monster clutch and its harder than stock and she's 101 pounds 5'.1".

Her car is getting older and she mentioned something she loves the vette so why not put it back stock , sell the SC and stuff on it/ swap it out for someone that wants to go FI and she would love driving it then. So i'm trying this first.

Motor that is in it now is stock LS1 other than the Comp cam.
Here's the deal.

Eaton SC 112 maggie 8 rib over drive kit, 90 mm Tb no mass air. Car has been tuned with out it. 65 injectors, somewhere around there.
Car made 578whp but temps were up there with a 26 pully. , backed it down to 554whp, with a 28, ran it like that for a while, then backed it down to 528whp where it is now hoping she would drive it. Not happening. She tried the sky, it turned around with her on wet road. She ain't getting back in either one with a SC on them.
Rears were changed to 3.90s .
Cranked it about once every month or so , but the TB has started not letting it idle down after it gets warm at times so I would guess it needs a new TB.

If your interested in swapping a low millage stock drive train in there for whats listed above let me know. Thought about buying a crate motor and just changing out the clutch where she could drive it but if someone is wanting to get into FI and will pay one of these better shops ( no back yard guys) to swap everything around I'd be interested in talking. I'm in the post your HP thread above. 554whp 550 wtq at 2500 rpms. Shes a hoot for a DD.
The rears i'm not so worried about . They really help with the cam but the clutch I need back stock for her and you'll need that any way. Its almost new. Like I said. Just don't have time for the car.
Just a idea.
Do have the meth with it and the washer tank kit but what nitrous stuff is on it now does not go. Added nitrous to the dragster on the grudge motor so keeping all that.

If your interested let me know. NOT going to start parting things out.
Don't have time for that and wanted to see if anyone was interested first.

Thanks....
LUKE

Last edited by liveaboard74; 06-05-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:15 AM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

whoa, Luke!
hate to hear all that. hopefully one of these days, you'll be able to get back into it.
good luck!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:24 AM
liveaboard74
Drifting

Originally Posted by _zebra
whoa, Luke!
hate to hear all that. hopefully one of these days, you'll be able to get back into it.
good luck!
Thanks Zebra. I'm just seeing which way I want to go with the car right now. I"m enjoying the 7 second ride and we have a blast with that one on the weekends when i'm home which ain't much any more. LOL
Just down sizing on the toys but was worried or wondering how many are still playing with the C5s now that the C7s are out. Apparently not to many.
Seen The post on the 8.20 by those NJ boys and man they have got that thing flying.. For full street car thats hauling the mail.
We have a 4.90 class at our local strip. Thats 7.80s 7.90s in the quarter and their are very few door cars that are down there in that area. Richmond at the big events maybe 8 to 9 4.90 class but their full scale race cars.
8.20s ain't to far away so i'm still pulling for our C5s.
She ain't hurting anything just hanging around the house and to many irons on the fire right now to worry about to much so we'll see.
One of those don't know which way we're going to go on it yet.
My Daily Driver now is a peterbilt LOL Man i'm working way to much. Rolling up I-95 talking to you now.
Later........
Old 06-07-2014, 11:50 AM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Put a A4 in it and a Valet switch.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:05 PM
liveaboard74
Drifting

Corvette is gone. Guy/manager at the Caddy place has loved it for a while and had a little hard top convertible they got on a trade and we worked it out this morning. Ended up with a little cash in the pocket and they took care of tax and tag so its automatic, V6 crusing and pushing the button to drop the top. .. LOL

Thanks guys and I"ll keep dropping by from time to time. Still pulling for those NJ boys to see the 7 second zone and they sure ain't far.
Any of you around Richmond we make the bigger events at the IHRA track. Want to just come hang out sometime we'ed enjoy the company.

Get notified of new replies

To Want FI. Here's your chance. Going back stock!

Quick Reply: Want FI. Here's your chance. Going back stock!