C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QUICK HELP - Installing A&A Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 03:20 PM
jmxp69
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default QUICK HELP - Installing A&A Kit

Need some quick help guys. I'm installing my v3SI and got to step #4:

4. INSTALLING THE OIL RETURN FITTING
(NOTE: This entire section applies ONLY to the standard “engine oiled” units. For V3 “self contained” units, please go to step 5.)

Step 5 says the oil feed line requires a "provided fitting and washer". There was a fitting attached to the end of the line, but the SS line wouldn't screw into it, it's a vent fitting. Vortech provided instructions for use on the SC itself.

Here's the feed line that came attached to the head unit.

I can't find a fitting in any of the hardware bags like the one on the other end of the line already on the head unit. Also, if this is a self-contained unit, why is that line needed? I would have thought it would just be capped off.

I don't want to lose the day. Please help.

Thx
Old 06-08-2014, 03:30 PM
JT FRC 00
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jmxp69
Need some quick help guys. I'm installing my v3SI and got to step #4:

4. INSTALLING THE OIL RETURN FITTING
(NOTE: This entire section applies ONLY to the standard “engine oiled” units. For V3 “self contained” units, please go to step 5.)

Step 5 says the oil feed line requires a "provided fitting and washer". There was a fitting attached to the end of the line, but the SS line wouldn't screw into it, it's a vent fitting. Vortech provided instructions for use on the SC itself.

Here's the feed line that came attached to the head unit.

I can't find a fitting in any of the hardware bags like the one on the other end of the line already on the head unit. Also, if this is a self-contained unit, why is that line needed? I would have thought it would just be capped off.

I don't want to lose the day. Please help.

Thx
On the self contained unit that SS line is for draining the oil in the unit. Just run it down & maybe ziptie it out of the way.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:42 PM
jmxp69
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JT FRC 00
On the self contained unit that SS line is for draining the oil in the unit. Just run it down & maybe ziptie it out of the way.
SWEET! Thanks for the quick reply. I thought it was weird to have a line connected to the block for a self-contained unit.

I think A&A needs to update their instructions. I PM'd Josh already.

Really appreciate the help, I was a little nervous about losing the day. Back to work

Get notified of new replies

To QUICK HELP - Installing A&A Kit

Quick Reply: QUICK HELP - Installing A&A Kit