C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing UPP fuel set up. Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 01:38 PM
Smoken1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 971 Likes on 783 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by lowslung85
I hope not, i have been having problems with mine more so when its warm like the op said. i was wondering if the fuel pump is too much with out a return line and is causing the fuel to cavitate the fuel.
Where are you located? Your info is not filled in
Old 08-29-2014, 04:42 PM
lowslung85
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoken1
Where are you located? Your info is not filled in
Sw Missouri
Old 08-30-2014, 10:02 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

sorry I haven't updated was busby last week and don't have internet at the houses I'm posting from my phone to the person that said why don't I boost reference it...it is and has been for a bit..as far as the aem pump well a few things I have noticed once it gets hot the car wants to die at idle I can watch the Fp gauge just drop and car stumble..then I have to wait 10 mins or so then it would fire up and fp would stay at 58 or so..only after its hot like someone else mentioned earler..

CK, as always thanks for the offer and help much appreciated..and to make this clear to everyone the secondary system buy UPP has nothing to do with this issue at all. I would buy this system again in a heartbeat....

what gets me though is that it does this with the stock pump...now it doesn't die at idle or while cruising like the aem but it does heat up enough that Fp drops like a rock under boost when hot so it does the same thing with the stocker minus the dying part....what I have done this week is wrapped the headers in a titanium lava rock wrap supposed to be good stuff and I didn't have 300 plus to coat
the headers. I also put a heat blanket sleeve on the stock line and I think what may really help is a new lpe pump and new canister..so everything is properly inserted into the bucket and without a Dought sealed as it should be. I'm trying to find some exhaust manifolds locally so I can tighten the headers down and go drive it...I think ill have it resolved if not then I will do what Brett suggested awhile ago to me and reroute all the lines primary and secondary through the driver side rocker panel....sorry if anything is dispelled or sounds odd ill edit it tommorow when I jump on a PC...Ill be sending my aem to Sam so he can test it on his car. It has been to aem and has been checked out as good and of course my stocker is good...maybe the canister not being sealed properly was doing something odd. I also have some temps I recorded and will post those up also..
Old 08-30-2014, 10:18 AM
Smoken1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 971 Likes on 783 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Well we will find out what that aem does in vegas temps it is still 105-107 degree's here

Last edited by Smoken1; 08-30-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:16 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Bump I never did figure this out I was going to upgrade my feed line to a -8an but I still don't think that will help. I am just going to run a -8an feed and cap off the sides that go to the passenger side tank. Some type of pressure is not allowing fuel to get to the rail. Even with that secondary fuel system I still have the same issue. I could have 10 pumps hooked up it still would do the same thing after running for awhile. I think heat/pressure is giving me the issues.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:12 PM
StuntHeavy
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Curious to see the results of blocking off the syphon jet pump.

Did you ever get a temp reading of the fuel when the fault was occuring?

Once the car is warm and the issue is present, does fuel pressure drop even when free-revving it? (In nuetral, no load)
Old 04-05-2015, 04:11 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Originally Posted by StuntHeavy
Curious to see the results of blocking off the syphon jet pump.

Did you ever get a temp reading of the fuel when the fault was occuring?

Once the car is warm and the issue is present, does fuel pressure drop even when free-revving it? (In nuetral, no load)
that was the one thing I have not done yet was to put a actual probe inside the tank and get real time reading. My multi meter said FU then the car went down

Yes in neutral it will drop pressure if I free free rev but not just a blip on the throttle but a good neutral rev to 6k where it will build a few lbs of boost...Same exact symptoms as if it was driving getting into boost..What are you thinking?

Last edited by Chicago1; 04-05-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:02 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey Chicago,

I just had a thought, have you eliminated the factory regulator? Like with the 97 fuel filter?
Old 04-15-2015, 01:03 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

YES, it's a return system now with the 97-98 style.. Still no changes does the same thing as before..I sent you a pm CK did you get it?

I also checked the check valve in the fuel feed hose...Blows one way so that's working..I'm still gonna just block one side of it off and start going from there

Last edited by Chicago1; 04-15-2015 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:53 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey Chicago,

Did you ever find a solution with this? I'm in for updates.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:32 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Hey CK, I'm almost done but I went with new tanks and will need a retune. It's one of those 2 issues I know the tune "can't" effect it but I'm no expert but there is nothing left to look at everything has been upgraded and replaced and did process of elimination. here in a few weeks I should know. If not I'm still considering bringing it up there. Whats weird is I eliminated the main system and just use yours where it was the main source system(disconnected the stock harness plug so the stocker did not run at all) it did the same thing. odd huh?
Old 01-27-2017, 11:49 AM
c4toc5
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have seen this happen before but not on the corvettes but it was GM. in my experience when you have this concern there is typically some sort of restriction in the line which causes an increase in temperature and pressure. once a certain temperature is reached the pump will not continue to pump at full capacity as a safety feature.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:40 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Originally Posted by c4toc5
i have seen this happen before but not on the corvettes but it was GM. in my experience when you have this concern there is typically some sort of restriction in the line which causes an increase in temperature and pressure. once a certain temperature is reached the pump will not continue to pump at full capacity as a safety feature.
I have all new bigger lines. I mean all!!! -10 actually enough to feed anything and everything you can throw at it. Even used just the secondary pump as the primary still happens.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:45 PM
FEAR LS
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow!

I feel bad for you, this issue has been going on forever! Still no resolution?
Old 02-06-2017, 07:18 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

nahh its been sitting in the garage for over a year been getting back into it last few weeks. Bought a jeep wrangler so figured I needed something to break more often lol. I did get a new fuel tank just swapped out the fitting a few weeks ago. If that doesn't work I will have to take it to somebody. I will be very embarrassed if it's something so simple. I will keep you guys updated
Old 02-07-2017, 09:30 PM
FEAR LS
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would love to help. PM me if you'd like, I'll give you my cell number.

Either way, good luck!
Old 07-31-2017, 11:54 AM
TX Z06 02
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Subscribed.

I am having similar issues My setup is:
Racetronix 255 in the tank
Racetronix hotwire
KB BAP (verified to be working)
2002, so return style after filter/regulator.
Filter was replaced last year with a WIX 33737

After driving for a period of time and then getting on it, lose fuel pressure going into boost.

If i just start it up and drive after sitting, it runs fine....until everything heats up i guess.

My first thought was I needed a return style system with FPR at the rail, but that doesnt seem to help.

Get notified of new replies

To Installing UPP fuel set up. Pics inside

Old 10-28-2017, 03:00 PM
nitrouspaul
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

keeping it fresh my problem is fuel heats up fast and under 1/3 tank i get cavitating alot i can hear it. 2001 with the 98 filter and all new rails -6 feed and return lines, alos my garage smells gas after i park it, maybe this is a clue?
Old 10-30-2017, 12:07 PM
directnosfogger
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

This is a very interesting thread. I spoke to UPP on the phone about this as I never had fuel pressure drop with the stock fuel pump until I had their kit installed. I’m having my mechanic take apart the kit and start troubleshooting this week. I’m scared to even drive the car hard because of the fuel starvation. My tuner set fuel cut at 5800 because it leans out so bad at top end and I’m only at 750 wheel. My tuner had to tune around fuel drop until the secondary kicks on and then it starves up top. It does seem to get worse as it gets warmer too. My tuner keeps telling me the aem can’t keep up.

If I figure out what is going on I’ll let you guys know. If I can’t get it squared away I’m ripping the system out and going with double or triple in tank. I messed with this going back and forth to my tuner all summer and I’m sick of spending money to try and fix this. I was initially told it was because I didn’t use the racetronix wiring kit but that didn’t solve anything.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:44 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

I dont think mine has been resolved i was able to drive it around but couldnt get ojn it but it did drop 20 or so. I have tried multiple pumps. I am waiting on my new intake manifold and smaller pulley. Its probably going to a shop next but keep me updated what you find.

Quick Reply: Installing UPP fuel set up. Pics inside